(Solved) How to edit a post I entered

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions (Solved) How to edit a post I entered

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by seaken64 Mar 18-7:40 pm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    seaken64

I can’t figure out how to edit a message, or post, that I entered. I can go to my profile and lookup my Replys and each one has an “Edit” button. But I can’t find that same thing for messages that I started. How do I edit my own messages?

I tried a search. I searched for “edit message” and “edit topic” but got no results.

I looked at the WOrdpress help files. No help.

Thanks,
    Seaken64

seaken64

Okay, after I entered this new topic my screen has an “Edit” button. Maybe there is a time limit? Why no “Edit” button on one of my older topics?

Seaken64

seaken64

It must a time limit thing. I was just reviewing some replies and they do not all have the “edit” button like I thought.

What is the time limit for editing? And why?

Seaken64

skidoo

the time limit was around 57599 seconds when I tested

caprea
    caprea

Yes I guess it’s for security reasons.I thought the limit was 24 hours.
    It is also the reason why most posts are not marked as solved, even if they actually are. You have to ask a mod to do this.

seaken64

Okay, I had tried to marked solved before. I guess I was getting confused and thought I had done that before. It must have been on the MX forum instead. Thanks for the tip.

Seaken64

seaken64

I noticed this topic was labeled (Solved). Was that done by a moderator? I did not edit the title.

Seaken64

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.