How to enable boot animation

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions How to enable boot animation

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Jun 29-11:21 am by PPC.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    shaplinx

how to enable simple boot animation just like on live usb mode. i am using antix ver 19.2.

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by shaplinx.
      PPC

As far as I know, that animation works only during live mode, and has not been implemented to run in a installed version… But I’m sure the devs will answer you sooner or later.

P.

shaplinx

As far as I know, that animation works only during live mode, and has not been implemented to run in a installed version… But I’m sure the devs will answer you sooner or later.

P.

Well that’s too bad, I wonder if there is any reason for that

rayluo

how to enable simple boot animation just like on live usb mode. i am using antix ver 19.2.

Disclaimer: I do not use an installed version, and I do not know the answer you are seeking for. Just some comments here.

If you are talking about to enable that universe picture background of the live usb boot menu – which is technically a static picture, not an animation – that picture’s only functionality (besides aesthetic) is to show that “Press F1 for Help” message. And, IMHO it is not displaying long enough, because, once a live usb user makes a choice and starts to boot his or her machine, that universe picture is gone, and the screen just shows tons of booting log – which can be considered as a sort of animation – those logs are too fast to be read, and non-tech-savvy users might dislike it. Would be great if the initial boot picture (plus some progress bar) can last for the entire booting process.

PPC

@rayluo : antiX full latest versions, when running live should not, by default show the log in information, but some dots that blink, indicating the system is booting, and some very basic info, displayed on a single line, in the center of the screen. You can test that over at http://distrotest.net/antiX%20Linux
              Select antiX 19.2 full, choose safe video mode and watch the booting animation. I use this page all the time to test stuff without risking my installed antiX version…

P.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.