(Solved) How to extend limited root storage space on antiX?

Forum Forums General Software (Solved) How to extend limited root storage space on antiX?

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Apr 2-12:11 pm by RadoslavL.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RadoslavL

I installed antiX on my hard drive using a frugal-root (root is in RAM, until saved; home is on the drive) installation method. The drive has 48 GB unused. Unfortunately I am very limited by my RAM size (~4.8 GB; at least that’s what I see when booted into antiX). When I use the system, I can’t even apt update, because it uses up 200 MB of space, and I only have 500 MB every time I boot. Is there any way you know that I can circumvent this? Upgrading the RAM is out of the question.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by RadoslavL. Reason: Included an image of my 'df -h' output
      • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by RadoslavL.
      Attachments:
      abc-nix

Remaster to integrate all rootfs changes (persistence changes) into a new linuxfs (base antiX image). The new rootfs will be empty, giving you space again, and all changes will be inside the base antiX image. On the following reboot you will see that the /live/linuxfs is bigger (contaning all your changes). You can back up the linuxfs.old and rootfs.old files in case you ever want to return to the previous system.

RadoslavL

Thank you very much! This helped me out a ton!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.