How to get SpaceFM in French?

Forum Forums antiX-development Translations How to get SpaceFM in French?

• This topic has 40 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Feb 27-1:51 pm by Wallon.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Here with MX Linux be_fr installation, VLC is in French.

Attachments:

My Antix is broken after my tests France / Belgium. I lost the flag in my systray. I will do a restoration with Timeshift.

Dear all,

My Antix is fine now.
    Here it is an other example with qpdfview.
    Antix be_fr is in English.
    MX Linux be_fr is in French.

Best regards,
    Wallon

This is due to the fact that with Antix, some additional specific translation packages need to be installed (via Synaptic for example) to get qpdfview and some other applications translated in French. Looks like with MX Linux, those are already included in the installation ISO from the very beginning.
    Regards

Dear jbeck,

You are right.

For VLC, it is necessary to install this package [vlc-l10n (version 3.0.12-0+deb10u1)] in order to obtain the translation of the menus.

For qpdfview, it is necessary to install this package [qpdfview-translations (version 0.4.17~beta1+git20180709-2)] to get the translation of the menus.

For spacefm, I couldn’t find out why MX Linux translates better than Antix. With Synaptic, I saw that there was an extra package in Antix [desktop-defaults-spacefm-antix (version 037)].
    In my /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES directory, I have exactly the same file “spacefm.mo”.

I think that this information can be useful to someone else as the installation is not done automatically.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
    Wallon

marcelocripemarcelocripe

Hi Wallon,

I checked in the updated antiX 19.2 this week that the “desktop-defaults-spacefm-antix” (version 0.3.7) package is installed. The texts in SpaceFM 1.0.6 remain partly in English, partly in Brazilian Portuguese and partly in European Portuguese. I noticed that on the SpaceFM transifex website there were few typos in the pt-BR translations, I made some edits and the content translated a month ago is not updated in antiX.

@PPC taught me how to translate SpaceFM manually:

To configure the translation of the SpaceFM menus, close the SpaceFM file manager.
    Menu, Applications, System, open Rox-Filer, click on the eye icon (third icon from right to left in the menu), access /home/username/.config/spacefm, copy the file “session” and make another backup copy of this file.

Look for lines similar to the example below:

dev_menu_unmount-lbl=_Unmount
    dev_menu_reload-lbl=Re_load
    dev_menu_sync-lbl=_Sync
    dev_menu_open-lbl=_Open
    dev_menu_tab-lbl=_Tab
    dev_menu_mount-lbl=_Mount
    dev_menu_remount-lbl=_Re/mount

Translate the texts after the equal sign “=”, while you edit the file “session”, it is good to check on the transifex website, you may find errors on the transifex website and correct them.

After correcting all translations of the “session” file and saving the changes, open Rox-Filer again locate the “session” file you edited, press the left mouse button and hold it down, drag the file to the window /home/username/.config/spacefm, click on Copy and replace the original “session” file.

Menu, Applications / Applications, System, open SpaceFM that will have almost all menus translated and corrected by you.

It is a palliative solution, but it is what we can do until the development team verifies why SpaceFM does not translate completely.

Congratulations on your engagement with antiX and especially with regards to translation corrections.

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

———-

Olá Wallon,

Eu verifiquei no antiX 19.2 atualizado esta semana que o pacote “desktop-defaults-spacefm-antix” (version 0.3.7) está instalado. Os textos no SpaceFM 1.0.6 permanecem parte em idioma Inglês, parte em Português do Brasil e parte em Português Europeu. Eu verifiquei que no site transifex do SpaceFM haviam poucos erros de digitação nas traduções pt-BR, realizei algumas edições e o conteúdo traduzido há um mês atrás não é atualizado no antiX.

O @PPC me ensinou a traduzir manualmente o SpaceFM:

Para configurar a tradução dos menus do SpaceFM, feche o gerenciador de arquivos SpaceFM.
    Menu, Aplicativos/Aplicações, Sistema, abrir o Rox-Filer, clicar no ícone do olho (terceiro ícone da direita para a esquerda no menu), acessar /home/nome_de_usuário/.config/spacefm, copie o arquivo “session” e faça uma outra cópia de segurança deste arquivo.

Procure as linhas semelhantes as do exemplo abaixo:

dev_menu_unmount-lbl=_Unmount
    dev_menu_reload-lbl=Re_load
    dev_menu_sync-lbl=_Sync
    dev_menu_open-lbl=_Open
    dev_menu_tab-lbl=_Tab
    dev_menu_mount-lbl=_Mount
    dev_menu_remount-lbl=_Re/mount

Traduza os textos após o sinal de igual “=”, enquanto você edita o arquivo “session”, é bom conferir no site transifex, pode ser que você encontre erros no site transifex e os corrija.

Após corrigir todas as traduções do arquivo “session” e salvar as alterações, abra o Rox-Filer novamente localize o arquivo “session” que você editou, pressione com o botão esquerdo do rato/mouse e mantenha pressionado, arraste o arquivo para a janela /home/nome_de_usuário/.config/spacefm, clicar em Copiar e substituir o arquivo “session” original.

Menu, Aplicativos/Aplicações, Sistema, abrir o SpaceFM que estará com quase todos os menus traduzidos e corrigidos por você.

É uma solução paliativa, mas é o que podemos fazer até a equipe de desenvolvimento verificar por que o SpaceFM não traduz por completo.

Parabéns por seu engajamento no antiX e em especial quanto as correções das traduções.

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em idioma português do Brasil)

Thank you, @Wallon, for your interesting question. And thank you @jbeck for the answer. I had noticed some programs need l10i packages to be installed in order to get localised already. My question is: Exists a method we can determine which programs do actually utilise this way of translation instead of the “.mo” files stored in usr/share/locale? At least a list of recently installed l10n packages on running system could be displayed by entering the command

locate l10n | grep '/var/lib/dpkg/info/' | grep '.list' | cut -d '/' -f 6 | cut -d '.' -f 1

in a terminal window, which shows up a couple of programs:

firefox-esr-l10n-de
    libc-l10n
    libreoffice-l10n-de
    qtcore4-l10n
    smplayer-l10n
    thunderbird-l10n-de

But do we need a record keeping of programs utilising l10n method in order to be able to handle this correctly, making user aware at least or even better automatically install the missing localisation in case UI is set to a language other than “en”? Or can this peace of information derived directly from an installed program, other than guesswork and online researching?

Hello @marcelocripe,

The texts in SpaceFM 1.0.6 remain partly in English, partly in Brazilian Portuguese and partly in European Portuguese.

I have spaceFM 1.0.6 in use also, German language version, but antiX 17.4.1 only. No errors in menu, no mixed languages. But while writing on the multilanguage script I came across the fact this menu must consist of several different translation sources, we will have to trace down for a correct handling.

access /home/username/.config/spacefm, copy the file “session”

This file doesn’t exist in my system at all, nevertheless all menues are displayed here correctly and fully translated. Strange thing.

Dear users,

I don’t want to hurt anyone but I am very disappointed about Transifex. Spacefm was translated into French a long time ago. I made a print-screen of the sentence ” Open URL “. This sentence was translated 5 years ago! Neither in MX Linux, nor in Antix, the French translation doesn’t appear! I think that I’m wasting my time translating on Transifex and that I won’t see the corrections coming. I’m not saying it’s the fault of Antix or MX Linux but there must be a problem in the process. We can wait a few weeks, a few months but not years.
    I repeat that I don’t want to fight with anyone but only to draw people’s attention to this procedure that doesn’t work.

Best regards,
    Walloon

Hello @Wallon
    Maybe this is somehow connected with something marcelocripe found out on antiX 19.x, and I had confirmed for antiX 17.4.:

I could see that there are several translations available for pt_BR (unplugdrive, antix-wifi-switch, spacefm and etc.), they have texts from one of the versions of the transifex website and even then antiX displays the texts of several English language programs.

You might want to read the subsequent posts in the other thread for recent state of information. In short time there will be a new version of the mentioned script available. It turned out the 0.29 wouldn’t work on 19.x antiX. This might give you some insights which strings are present on your system actually, and we might be able to trace down the reason for some translations not used even when present on your system.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

spacefm comes from Debian.
    There are NO spacefm translations at transifex.
    Post all complaints about poor/non-existent translation(s) to the Debian team.

This shows you translated files for spacefm (note it doesn’t say if it is 100% translated).
    Also note that be is not included.

https://packages.debian.org/buster/all/spacefm-common/filelist

• This reply was modified 2 days, 10 hours ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

BTW – You will need to ‘enable’ French/Belgian locales.

In a terminal

sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales

then try installing/reinstalling spacefm (for example)

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

marcelocripemarcelocripe

Hello dear colleagues,

About the $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales command, reported by the anticapitalista today.

One of the administrators of the MX Linux BR (unofficial) Telegram group called Luck Dia, performed some tests on antiX 19.3 full during the past weekend, in order to be able to collaborate / help antiX users who participate in this group. Unfortunately, these people do not register here on the forum, no matter how much I warn them of the importance of participating in this forum and of all the support I have always had from all colleagues and friends in this community. The Telegram group has about 456 participants. Luck posted some results and made some comments on details in the group. I need to point out that Luck is not an antiX user, he is a Debian user, he prepares the operating system from the “core” version. What I will write below is a summary of the $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales command commented on by Luck.

According to Luck, several languages ​​are enabled or preselected by default in antiX, the most indicated by him would be to have only one language selected instead of having several languages ​​selected. He also instructed to deselect all languages ​​and keep only the language pt_BR.UTF-8 UTF-8, not to mark pt_BR ISO-8859-1.

anticapitalista, is Luck’s statement about keeping only one language selected? (He does not know antiX in its details and functionality, as it is not a frequent user.)

If it is not correct when your claim is made, then why is antiX having multiple languages ​​pre-selected by default?

Is it done in this way thinking about allowing to create other ISOs distributable in several languages ​​created with Snapshot?

Robin, it would be very interesting to have a list of all the programs present in the antiX 19.3 full version (32 and 64 bits) that need the l10i packages to be translated. With this list available, we can create several topics in different languages ​​explaining how to translate all the programs that can be translated with these packages. For the creation of topics in several languages, especially those that we do not master, we will need the help of native users of other languages ​​to help us.

anticapitalista, the creator of SpaceFM, Ignorant Guru, does have an account on the site https://www.transifex.com/ignorantguru/spacefm/dashboard/, I have already made some minor corrections related to SpaceFM.

I saw an older version of SpaceFM running on a Linux distribution (which I don’t remember what it was) that contained the texts from the version of the transifex site prior to my edits, is there any other problem with antiX or the spacefm 1.0 package. 6?

Wallon, I can tell you that the edits I made on the transifex site for antiX and MX Linux, several texts entered the antiX 19.3 ISO, I hope that in the next version of antiX 21 that all texts en-BR included in the new ISO. Even the most recent texts from the TIM program and antiX Wifi Switch have been included in the update that took place this week. So far not all the most recent texts of the translations have entered.

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

———-

Olá caros colegas,

Sobre o comando $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales, informado pelo anticapitalista no dia de hoje.

Um dos administradores do grupo de Telegram do MX Linux BR (não oficial) chamado Luck Dia, realizou alguns testes no antiX 19.3 full durante o fim de semana passado, afim de poder colaborar/ajudar os usuários do antiX que participam deste grupo. Infelizmente, estas pessoas não fazem o cadastro aqui no fórum, por mais que eu os alertem da importância de participarem deste fórum e de todo o apoio que eu sempre tive de todos os colegas e amigos desta comunidade. O grupo do Telegram possui cerca de 456 participantes. O Luck postou alguns resultados e fez alguns comentários sobre detalhes no grupo. Eu preciso destacar que o Luck não é usuário do antiX, ele é usuário do Debian, ele prepara o sistema operacional a partir da versão “core”. O que eu escreverei abaixo é um resumo sobre o comando $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales comentado pelo Luck.

Segundo o Luck, diversos idiomas estão ativados ou pré selecionados por padrão no antiX, o mais indicado por ele seria ter apenas um idioma selecionado ao invés de ter diversos idiomas selecionados. Orientou ainda para desmarcar todos os idiomas e manter marcado apenas o idioma pt_BR.UTF-8 UTF-8, não marcar pt_BR ISO-8859-1.

anticapitalista, está correto a afirmação do Luck sobre manter selecionado apenas um idioma? (Ele não conhece o antiX em seus detalhes e funcionalidade, por não ser um usuário frequente.)

Se ele não estiver correto quando a sua afirmação, então qual é o motivo para o antiX possuir vários idiomas pré selecionados por padrão?

Por acaso é feito desta forma pensado em permitir que seja criado outras ISOs distribuíveis em vários idiomas criados com o Snapshot?

Robin, seria muito interessante termos uma lista de todos os programas presentes na versão do antiX 19.3 full (32 e 64 bits) que precisam dos pacotes l10i para serem traduzidos. Com esta lista disponível, poderemos criar vários tópicos em diversos idiomas explicando como traduzir todos os programas que forem possíveis traduzir com estes pacotes. Para a criação dos tópicos em diversos idiomas, em especial os que não dominamos, precisaremos da ajuda de usuários nativos de outras línguas nos ajudarem.

anticapitalista, o criador do SpaceFM, o Ignorant Guru, possui sim conta no site https://www.transifex.com/ignorantguru/spacefm/dashboard/, eu mesmo já fiz algumas pequenas correções relacionas ao SpaceFM.

Eu vi uma versão mais antiga do SpaceFM sendo executada em uma distribuição Linux (que não me lembro qual era) que contia os textos da versão do site transifex anterior as minhas edições, será que há algum outro problema no antiX ou no pacote spacefm 1.0.6?

Wallon, eu posso afirmar para você que as edições que eu fiz no site transifex para o antiX e para o MX Linux, vários textos entraram na ISO do antiX 19.3, eu espero que na próxima versão do antiX 21 que todos os textos pt-BR sejam incluídos na nova ISO. Inclusive os textos mais recentes do programa TIM e do antiX Wifi Switch entraram na atualização que ocorreu durante esta semana. Por enquanto não entraram todos os textos mais recente das traduções.

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em idioma português do Brasil)

skidooskidoo

antiX, which is described as a “lightweight” distribution, does not preinstall the 225MB+ “locales-all” package. MX Linux, which is described as a “mid-weight” distribution, may pre-install “locales-all”, so…

sudo apt install locales-all util-linux-locales
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
    then retry (may need to logout/login) launch spacefm and any other programs which were affected by missing translations.
    Does this resolve the issue?

skidooskidoo

> This shows you translated files for spacefm (note it doesn’t say if it is 100% translated).
    > Also note that be is not included.

be_FR fr_BE
    my post from a few days ago contained a typo

I’m still optimistic that this may provide a viable workaround

This shows that a “fr” translation is installed by spacefm package:
    dpkg -L spacefm-common | grep spacefm.mo

(untested) I’ll suggest trying the following:

sudo mkdir -p /usr/share/locale/fr_BE/LC_MESSAGES

sudo cp /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/spacefm.mo /usr/share/locale/fr_BE/LC_MESSAGES/spacefm.mo

LANG=”fr_BE.UTF-8″ spacefm

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.