How to get SpaceFM in French?

Forum Forums antiX-development Translations How to get SpaceFM in French?

• This topic has 49 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated Mar 1-1:45 am by marcelocripe.
Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    marcelocripemarcelocripe

Hello dear colleagues,

I managed to do the tests that Xecure suggested, on an antiX 19.2 full 64 bits installed on the HD and updated this week, on the antiX-19 Legacy bet2 x386 installed on the HD and an antiX 19.3 full 64 bits executed through a pendrive.

SpaceFM is partially translated into the language “pt-BR” and “en”, with the file manager Rox-Filer deleting the directory /home/username_.config/spacefm. After opening SpaceFM the texts were almost all in “pt-BR”, only 3 or 4 items remain in “en”. They are the same 3 or 4 items that I didn’t get translate manually in the” session “file

I repeated the same test with antiX 19.3 full 64 bits running on a USB stick, I started in “pt” language. SpaceFM is partially translated into “pt” and “en”, after deleting the /home/demo/.config/spacefm folder and opening SpaceFM the texts were almost all in “pt”, but there were many more texts in “en” than in the system initialized in “pt-BR”.

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

———-

Olá caros colegas,

Eu consegui fazer os testes que o Xecure sugeriu, em um antiX 19.2 full 64 bits instalado no HD e atualizado nesta semana, no antiX-19 Legacy bet2 x386 instalado no HD e um antiX 19.3 full 64 bits executado através de um pendrive.

O SpaceFM está parcialmente traduzido em idioma “pt-BR” e em “en”, com o gerenciador de arquivos Rox-Filer exclui o diretório /home/nome_de_usuário/.config/spacefm. Após abrir o SpaceFM os textos estavam quase todos em “pt-BR”, apenas 3 ou 4 itens permanecem em “en”. São os mesmos 3 ou 4 itens que eu não consegui traduzir manualmente no arquivo “session”

Eu repeti o mesmo teste com o antiX 19.3 full 64 bits executado em um pendrive, iniciei em idioma “pt”. O SpaceFM está parcialmente traduzido em idioma “pt” e em “en”, após apagar a pasta /home/demo/.config/spacefm e o abrir o SpaceFM os textos estavam quase todos em “pt”, mas existiam muitos mais textos em “en” do que no sistema inicializado em “pt-BR”.

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em idioma português do Brasil)

My dear Marcelocripe,

I’m very happy to see that it works for you too.
    Now, a conclusion should be drawn for all software (applications). Should we make a wiki to install the multi-language packages for some programs, should we explain that directories have to be deleted?
    But how do you find the list of programs that have a multi-language package?
    This is not obvious and it must be a considerable amount of work.
    I saw that VLC was completely translated into Brazilian Portuguese on Transifex. Normally this should also work on Antix. Have you downloaded the multi-language package for VLC?

Atenciosamente,
    Cordialement,
    Wallon

package spacefm provides (installs) /etc/spacefm/spacefm.conf
    package spacefm-common provides (installs) /usr/share/mime/packages/spacefm-mime.xml

but neither the original author nor the debian packager can know what programs (openers, mime handlers) are present in antiX or other downstream distribution.

Initially, the desktop-defaults-spacefm package was created to deliver curated versions of the those 2 files.

During lengthy betatesting discussions prior to each antiX release we, TheCommunity, have collectively discussed “What should be changed, improved?” Various as-packaged, as shipped, spaceFM settings were agreed to be non-ideal. We begged to have selected settings curated, changed, to provide what we agreed represented more ideal default settings. HOWEVER, only a handful of details//setting are read from the spacefm.conf file.

Neither the spacefm-common nor spacefm packages provide (install) a {skel,~}spacefm/session file. By the author’s design, that file is created at runtime and is updated each time the user changes any detail of the program’s running state. It is also updated (rewritten) each time the program is shutdown ~~ hence my instruction advising “be sure spacefm is not running” when you rm the session file (or, as Wallon chose to do, delete its entire parent directory).

Someone (may even have been me) got the bright idea to provide a customized
    /etc/skel/.config/spacefm/session file and a customized
    /etc/skel/.config/spacefm/desktop0 file via desktop-defaults-spacefm package

Do I need to do another test to better understand the origin of the problem?

I suspect this the “problem”:
    When spacefm launches and finds the (provided by desktop-defaults-spacefm) session already present, it re-applies the textlabels found therein.

If you care to confirm, you might (while spacefm is not running) edit the session file.
    Selectively delete the line containing =_Bookmarks, save the edited file. Relaunch spaceFM.
    What is the result? Is the “Bookmarks” toolbar button label now blank, or is it now, suddenly, populated with a “correct” localized textsring?

Warning! Stop reading here

https://gitlab.com/antiX-Linux/desktop-defaults-spacefm/-/blob/master/skel/.config/spacefm/session

Someone should test the result of bulk removing the “label” lines within a session file, then relaunching spaceFM

sed -i -e ‘s/^.*label=.*$//g’ ~/.config/spacefm/session

If the result is good, the etc/skel could (should) ship this modified version
    and affected pre-existing users could be coached//instructed to copy that into their homedir (or to delete their existing spacefm/session file and allow spacefm to regenerate it).

consider:
    Just as you are fussing about the antiX spaceFM not fitting your language…

…back in the day, folks were fussing that
    hey, antiX supposedly targets user of older machines”
    yet one of the “as packaged” configuration details of spaceFM has it opening a FOURpaned window
    larger than what can even fit on some screens!

^—– one of manymany points of feedback which led to the provision of a curated session file.

[..]
    [Window]
    width=640
    height=480
    maximized=0
    [..]

nowadays, 800×600 might be more reasonable first-run window size, eh?

marcelocripemarcelocripe

Hello, dear Wallon.

Now, a conclusion should be drawn for all software (applications). Should we make a wiki to install the multi-language packages for some programs, should we explain that directories have to be deleted?

I agree with you, we need to have many tutorials, without the topic being “polluted” with different subjects to the title of the topic. Let these tutorials be preferably in several languages, similar to what the PPC has already done in English and in Portuguese.

PPC, thanks to its enormous capacity to teach, created real pearls, the first ones that I had contact with were these:

How-to install applications – 2020 version

Short essential how-to list for the complete Linux newbie

Later, with the creation of the area in Portuguese in September 2020, the PPC was kindly creating the various topics that are able to cover several doubts of every newcomer in antiX or in this “world of Linux distributions”. Myself, I still haven’t been able to test everything (unfortunately!), I need to overcome other issues, among them, about translations (where we share common interests that are for the good of antiX), make the migration of Windows users to antiX is as friendly as possible and to make this possible, we need many GUI (Graphical User Interface) solutions. Whenever possible, Wallon, translate the PPC topics and tutorials into your language, evaluate what can be of great help to everyone. I think PPC would not object, I believe he would be happy to see his topics and tutorials helping even more people across the planet. According to Wikipedia “The French language is a language with about 136 million native speakers in the world and about 200 million people learn French as a foreign language.”

All your questions and considerations are always constructive, we share that too, as they are for the good of antiX and are collective solutions and not just to meet your need or my need. I really hope that developers will take a good look at yours and my considerations, the more internationalized antiX is, the better this operating system will be for all contacts on the planet.

You are absolutely right, it seems to be very laborious. Now I leave another question to the developers:
    How can we create ways to make it easier for ordinary users with no terminal skills (I include myself) to translate all the programs that are possible in the operating system in a simpler way?

To delete or remove the SpaceFM folder, I did it with complete peace of mind, because it is Xecure that guided you, if you are a person I did not trust, I would never do that. However, I doubt that a newcomer to antiX would find it “normal” to have to delete a configuration folder for the program in question to correct the translation …

Of course, I don’t know how to do this, but if I knew how to make a script that, when executed, would close SpaceFM, “look” at all programs installed on antiX, the script would detect the language of the installed system, detect all programs that have packages available for the system language and then offer the user the possibility to install the translation for each of these programs. I would very much like to make a shortcut icon, called “Translate your apps into your language” (I don’t care if the text is giant, normally the texts in “pt-BR” are 3 or 4 times bigger than in “en “) and place it in the System or Preferences submenu. For now, I only know how to create shortcut icons and even then, I have several doubts in the most important part, in “Exec =”.

I saw that VLC was completely translated into Brazilian Portuguese on Transifex. Normally this should also work on Antix. Have you downloaded the multi-language package for VLC?

Incredible as it may seem, VLC, I had not yet explored antiX with due attention …, because Celluloid, MPV Media Player and XMMS were doing the “job” to play videos and music. As you asked me about the translation, I installed VLC. I used Synaptic, but I know I could have used the Package Installer. As I already wrote a few times here on the forum “as I learn in antiX, I collaborate more and more, with what I can …”. After installing “vlc 3.0.12-0”, I noticed that the “VLC Media Player” submenu (in pt-BR) is properly translated, I looked at the shortcut icon in “/usr/share/applications/vlc.desktop” with text editor, this icon seems to be very “neat”, at least in pt-BR it has:

Name[pt_BR]=Reprodutor de Mídias VLC
    GenericName[pt_BR]=Reprodutor de Mídias
    Comment[pt_BR]=Reproduza, capture e transmita os seus fluxos multimídia

The text that is in “GenericName[pt_BR]=” is not displayed in the antiX menus, only the text of “Name[pt_BR]=” is displayed, more details in the topic “.desktop” Shortcut Icons. When there is no “Name[pt_BR]=”, the text displayed in the menu is in the English language of “Name=”.

For you, the Applications> Multimedia (or Audio and Video) submenu> displays “Name[fr]=Lecteur multimédia VLC”? The icon has no text for the fr_BE language.

The texts and menus of the VLC program are in English until this moment of the test.

After analyzing the shortcut icon “vlc.desktop”, I proceeded to install the package “vlc-l10n 3.0.12-0”, VLC now has texts and menus in pt-BR. After installing this package, the shortcut icon “vlc.desktop” has not changed, it has remained without the language fr_BE.

Greetings,

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

———-

Olá, caro Wallon.

Eu concordo com você, precisamos ter muitos tutorias, sem que o tópico fique “poluído” com assuntos diversos ao título do tópico. Que estes tutorias sejam preferencialmente em diversos idiomas, semelhantes aos que o PPC já fez em idioma inglês e idioma em português.

O PPC, graças a sua enorme capacidade de ensinar, criou verdadeiras pérolas, as primeiras que eu tive contato foram estas:

How-to install applications – 2020 version

Short essential how-to list for the complete Linux newbie

Posteriormente, com a criação da área em idioma em português em setembro de 2020, o PPC, gentilmente foi criando os diversos tópicos que conseguem cobrir várias dúvidas de todo recém chegado no antiX ou neste “mundo das distribuições Linux”. Eu mesmo, ainda não consegui testar tudo (infelizmente!), eu preciso superar outras questões, entre elas, sobre as traduções (onde compartilhamos interesses em comum que são para o bem do antiX), fazer com que a migração dos usuários do Windows para o antiX seja a mais amigável possível e para que isso seja possível, precisamos de muitas soluções em GUI (Interface Gráfica do Usuário). Quando for possível, Wallon, traduza para o seu idioma os tópicos e tutoriais do PPC, avalie o que pode ser de grande ajuda para todos. Eu acho que o PPC não iria se opor, eu acredito que ele ficaria contente em ver os seus tópicos e tutoriais ajudando ainda mais pessoas em todo o planeta. Segundo o Wikipédia “O idioma francês é uma língua com cerca de 136 milhões de falantes nativos no mundo e cerca de 200 milhões de pessoas aprendem francês como língua estrangeira.”

Todas as suas perguntas e considerações são sempre construtivas, compartilhamos isso também, pois são para o bem do antiX e são soluções coletivas e não apenas para atender a sua necessidade ou a minha necessidade. Eu espero, realmente, que os desenvolvedores vejam com bons olhos as suas e as minhas considerações, quanto mais internacionalizado for o antiX, melhor será este sistema operacional para todos os contatos do planeta.

Você tem toda a razão, parece ser algo muito trabalhoso. Agora deixo outra pergunta aos desenvolvedores:
    Como podemos criar meios para facilitar para os usuários comuns e sem habilidades no terminal (eu me incluo nisso) a fazer a tradução de todos os programas que for possível no sistema operacional de uma forma mais simples?

Apagar ou remover a pasta do SpaceFM, eu fiz com total tranquilidade, porque é o Xecure que orientou, se você uma pessoa que eu não confiasse, nunca que eu faria isso. Contudo, eu duvido que um recém chegado no antiX acharia “normal” ter que apagar uma pasta de configuração do programa em questão para corrigir a tradução…

É obvio que não sei fazer isso, mas se eu soubesse fazer um script que ao ser executado fechasse o SpaceFM, “olhasse” para todos os programas instalados no antiX, o script detectasse o idioma do sistema instalado, detectasse todos os programas que possuem pacotes de tradução disponíveis para o idioma do sistema e em seguida oferecesse ao usuário a possibilidade de instalar a tradução de cada um destes programas. Eu faria com muito gosto um ícone de atalho, chamado “Traduza os seus Aplicativos para o seu Idioma” (não me importo que o texto fique gigante, normalmente os textos em “pt-BR” são 3 ou 4 vezes maiores do em “en”) e colocaria no submenu Sistema ou Preferências. Por enquanto, eu só sei criar ícones de atalho e mesmo assim, eu possuo várias dúvidas na parte mais importante, no “Exec=”.

Por incrível que possa parecer, o VLC, eu ainda não havia explorado no antiX com a devida atenção …, pois o Celluloid, o MPV Media Player e o XMMS estavam dando “conta do trabalho” para tocar vídeos e músicas. Como você me perguntou sobre a tradução, eu fiz a instalação do VLC. Utilizei o Synaptic, mas eu sei que poderia ter utilizado o Instalador de Pacotes. Como eu já escrevi algumas vezes aqui no fórum “à medida que eu vou aprendendo no antiX, eu vou colaborando cada vez mais, com o que eu posso…”. Após instalar o “vlc 3.0.12-0”, observei que o submenu “Reprodutor de Mídias VLC” (em pt-BR) está devidamente traduzido, olhei o ícone de atalho em /usr/share/applications/vlc.desktop com o editor de texto, este ícone parece que está bem “caprichado”, ao menos em pt-BR possui:

Name[pt_BR]=Reprodutor de Mídias VLC
    GenericName[pt_BR]=Reprodutor de Mídias
    Comment[pt_BR]=Reproduza, capture e transmita os seus fluxos multimídia

O que está em “GenericName[pt_BR]=” não é exibido nos menus do antiX, somente é exibido o texto de “Name[pt_BR]=”, mais detalhes no tópico “.desktop” Shortcut Icons. Quando não há “Name[pt_BR]=”, o texto exibido no menu é em idioma inglês de “Name=”.

Para você o submenu Aplicações > Multimídia (ou Áudio e Vídeo) > exibe “Name[fr]=Lecteur multimédia VLC”? O ícone não possui textos para o idioma fr_BE.

Os textos e menus do programa VLC estão em idioma inglês até este momento do teste.

Depois de analisar o ícone de atalho “vlc.desktop”, segui para a instalação do pacote “vlc-l10n 3.0.12-0”, o VLC passou a possuir textos e menus em pt-BR. Após a instalação deste pacote, o ícone de atalho “vlc.desktop” não sofreu alterações, permaneceu sem o idioma fr_BE.

Saudações,

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em idioma português do Brasil)

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.