How to install antiX without rufus, unetbootin etc.

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions How to install antiX without rufus, unetbootin etc.

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Jun 21-1:22 pm by Dave.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    xyompltrine

I don’t have a computer that can run applications like rufus, and I tried to extract an iso into my USB, It didn’t work. I also tried to make it bootable using fdisk, but it didn’t work either. With the computer I can still use some Linux commands, not all (I can’t run apt-get etc. but I can run wget, fdisk and more). I’m sorry if this is a really stupid question

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by xyompltrine.
      ModdIt

Hi xyo* if you have a smartphone you can use an USB OTG adapter and write a fully usable antiX stick with
        an application called ISO to USB, I have succesfully used it many times. Available from FDroid store.

If you are able to use dd command that also works fine to write an antiX stick.

dd is in any case the backend to linux tools. Just be careful to ensure you write to the correct device,
        dd is sometimes called disk destructor by users who gave a false command.

Forum Admin
        Dave

If you are able to use dd command that also works fine to write an antiX stick.

dd is in any case the backend to linux tools. Just be careful to ensure you write to the correct device,
          dd is sometimes called disk destructor by users who gave a false command.

I think this is done by making sure your usb stick is not mounted; then run
          dd if=/path/to/iso/file.iso of=/dev/your-usb-device status=progress

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

xyompltrine

thank you! it worked, but it’s stuck on “waiting for /dev to be fully populated…” I tried using nomodset and video safe mode both didn’t work

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by xyompltrine.
            punranger

Out of curiosity: You say you can run SOME linux commands. Can you tell us a little bit more about what computer you are using, and what version of linux you are currently running on it?

antiX linux: The best way to revive an old computer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCTaUAP6sSg

Forum Admin
              Dave

There is information on the issue elsewhere in the forum. (press the search option under the forum drop down menu). Iirc the short answer is to select the other kernel from the advanced menu option

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.