How to Install MySQL in Antix LInux

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions How to Install MySQL in Antix LInux

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Mar 16-5:16 am by lgj100.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    keshav-uses-linux

What have i done.

• sudo apt install mysql
      • sudo apt install mysql-shell
      • sudo apt install mysql-server

it Successfully installed Mysql my problem starts when i try to run mysql command

$ mysql
      ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '[path to mysqld.sock]' (2)
      Robin

Never have run mysql. But the internet seems to be full of precisely your error message, so it is a widely known issue, on all kinds of OS:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket

From an arbitrary one of the results:

… you need to check the config files.

The config files are:

/etc/my.cnf
        /etc/mysql/my.cnf
        /var/lib/mysql/my.cnf

In /etc/my.cnf, the socket file config may be /tmp/mysql.sock and in /etc/mysql/my.cnf the socket file config may be /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock. So, remove or rename /etc/mysql/my.cnf, let mysql use /etc/my.cnf, then the problem may solved.

And also:

Try to restart mysql service.

> service mysql restart

or

> service mysql stop

> service mysql start

If it doesn’t recognize stop command then it’s definitely the disk space. You should make some space in the partition mysql is allocated or make the disk larger.

Check the disk space with

> df -h

Please check out all the other possible solutions for this MySQL issue on your own.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

abc-nix

What have i done.

• sudo apt install mysql
          • sudo apt install mysql-shell
          • sudo apt install mysql-server

it Successfully installed Mysql

mysql is not part of the Debian repository, so you have used a different source for these packages and forgot to explain it here. Please share both your system info
          inxi -Fraz
          and the method or guide you followed to install mysql. If the source you installed from don’t provide an init script for mysql you will need to create it yourself for it to work on antiX.

lgj100

@keshav-uses-linux
            Many mysql users have gone to mariadb.
            -Lars.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.