How to reset my desktop?

Forum Forums General Other Distros How to reset my desktop?

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Sep 20-3:18 pm by seaken64.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Schuber

Hello, new user of antix here.
    After many unsuccessful attempts at reviving computer, I used antix and it was the best alternative OS option for it. As I was setting things up, I discovered that you can change your desktop. I’ve chosen herbstluftwm and it completely changed my desktop to some .txt file, that had commands on it, which allowed me to reboot computer, log off or another similar commands, however I can’t use this environment, and I want to swap to default similar one. Can you please help me with it?

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Hi, and welcome to the antiX forum.

When you logout (and you can see the log-in screen), hit the F1 key on your keyboard to toggle between different desktop session options. Once you see the one you want, you can then log in and you should have retunred to the “normal” desktop experience. From there, you can then keep testing different “Other Desktops”.

Hope this helps. This is the default functionality of SLiM (Simple Log-in Manager). There is no dropdown menu to select the desktop session you want. You need to toggle with F1 key to the desired Desktop Session.

Welcome.

Forum Admin
    Dave
    Helpful
    Up

There should also be a program (other desktops) in the menu under accessories, or found in app-select (other desktops) which should allow the same function as the other desktops submenu from the other window managers. The script location is: /usr/local/lib/desktop-session/desktop-session-menu-window and can be directly called like.
    /usr/local/lib/desktop-session/desktop-session-menu-window ignore-settings

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by Dave.

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

seaken64
    Helpful
    Up

Choose the “logoff” choice and once at the login screen use the “F1” key to scroll through the list of desktops until you see “rox-icewm” and then enter your password and login. You will be back at your default desktop.

Welcome to antiX!

Seaken64

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.