How to search for a solution when you have an antiX problem

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX How to search for a solution when you have an antiX problem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by anticapitalista Nov 1-7:17 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

This is an edited version of the original written by rokytnj for antiX

To keep from forum burnout being asked the same questions over and over and over again. We are a very small team of testers and developers so any help you can give yourself. It will be appreciated greatly by all using AntiX.

Here is how this biker who used to be computer clueless. Let alone Linux or AntiX clueless.

This is a text file I keep in /home/username and name it search.

Copy and paste this into google when you wish to search. Put in your problem 1st. Then paste in google’s search box

site:antixforum.com

Since this site is very new, you probably won’t get (m)any hits to the above.

More than 99% of the time. We have already posted a solution to your problems.

Another good one liner is

site:forums.debian.net

and one more for your text file should be Edit: Server change since I made this sticky.

site:forum.mxlinux.org

So added on the above date to compensate for my removed link : Debian search
    and Google

For good measure:
    Another privacy non tracking search engine I use is ixquick

Lastly. If you have a problem. Plus. You used my method to solve it. Do us a favor. Start a thread describing exactly your problem. “Don’t Work or Help” do not qualify as a good thread title. Give some info on the details of your problem.
    Then post the link you found using my suggestion here to fix your problem. Then take a little time to describe what steps you took to fix it.

• This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by anticapitalista.
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by anticapitalista.
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

Videos that will help you when dazed and confused

dolphin_oracle videos

Dolphin Oracle put his heart and soul making these videos so your journey into using AntiX will be that much easier and painless.
    The least you can do is give the man a like when you watch one of his videos.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

When you first get here, we know you are confused and like lost in the woods a bit. To help us help you.
    Whenever you 1st join the forums, give us these readouts from a terminal.
    Just copy and paste then highlight the text on the page and click on code button.

These readouts will help us to help you.

inxi -zv7

But you can also use

inxi -Fxz

To show us your repositories.

inxi -r

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.