[SOLVED] How to set “apulse firefox” as default browser?

Forum Forums General Software [SOLVED] How to set “apulse firefox” as default browser?

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Jun 10-4:45 pm by Grisonix.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Grisonix

I have non-ESR firefox and would like to launch it from the taskbar icon as “apulse firefox”. And if I open a link in another program I always want it to call “apulse firefox”.

What I tried that didn’t work was, making /usr/share/applications/firefox-apulse.desktop with the following contents.

#!/bin/bash
    apulse /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop

In control center, I then set the default application to be /usr/share/applications/firefox-apulse.desktop. This did not work. I guess there is something wrong with the script?

Anyway, how do I set it so “apulse firefox” is the default browser option?

• This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Grisonix.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Grisonix.
    Forum Admin
    Dave
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

.desktop files are different from scripts.
    Best bet would be to copy the firefox.desktop file to firefox-apulse.desktop and change the Exec= line to apulse firefox.
    There is also add/remove desktop and menu manager to do this graphically.

cat /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop |sed "s/Exec=.*/Exec=apulse firefox %u/ig" > ~/.local/share/applications/firefox.desktop && sudo desktop-menu --write-out-global

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

Grisonix
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Thanks a lot!

That fixed it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.