how to set brightness

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions how to set brightness

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Feb 6-4:45 pm by Dave.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

is it possible to set the screen brightness in a config file, so it will use that level after a restart?
    also is it possible to make antix use the keys on the laptop keyboard that increase/decrease brightness? there is a blue FN key and when pressed in combination with the left arrow, it should decrease the screen brightness.
    I know I can do that by running the control center and then the special tool for brightness.
    Thanks everybody.
    S

Forum Admin
    DaveDave

Currently you can add
    backlight-brightness -s 50
    to your startup file (~/.desktop-session/startup or ~/.wm/startup) where 50 is percentage value from 0-100.
    Maybe we can make this more streamlined.

The up and down keys can be handled in a similar way by binding the key pair to run
    backlight-brightness +10
    or
    backlight-brightness -10

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

I use Icewm. setting the startup value worked.
    then I tried:

key "Fn+KP_Left" backlight-brightness -10
    key "Fn+KP_Right" backlight-brightness +10

and that does not work. there are no examples of how to refer to the blue Fn key and I am not sure if KP_Left is the correct way to refer to my left arrow key. this is a laptop without a number pad on the right.

Brian MasinickBrian Masinick
    Forum Admin
    DaveDave

You should be able to use the command ‘xev’ to find the key map names.

Edit: Being a function key they may not show up. If they do not I am not 100% certain on how to make them work. You may be able to change the behaviour in the bios. It may also be made to work by adding / modifying acpi settings via the grub boot line (such as acpi_osi= ).

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Dave.

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.