How to set the ‘set gfxmode = 1024x768x16, 1024×768’ ?

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions How to set the ‘set gfxmode = 1024x768x16, 1024×768’ ?

How to set the 'set gfxmode = 1024x768x16, 1024x768'? / Como configurar o 'set gfxmode=1024x768x16, 1024x768'?

How to set the 'set gfxmode = 1024x768x16, 1024x768'? Como configurar o 'set gfxmode=1024x768x16, 1024x768'?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • This topic has 88 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Jul 19-5:22 pm by marcelocripe.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    XecureXecure

VIA cards can be a hit and miss, it seems. The openchrome driver is installed in antiX, but I don’t know if your specific device is supported.
    Next time you have free time, post here the output for
    lspci -v
    We may know more information about the specific VIA VGA device and if there is any hope of getting it to work in the future.

BobC,

After several attempts, I managed to make changes to the advanced options of antiX 19.2 with the onboard video card, finally I was able to set the vga = 791 1024 × 768, the hard part was finding the key to save the changes, I think it was the key F10, I’m not sure …

Requested the user login and password in text mode and on the command line I applied the command below:

user @ antix:
    ~ $ inxi -Fxz {Enter}

Graphics Device-1: VIA CN700 / P4M800 Pro / P4M800 CE / VN800 Graphics [S3 UniChrome Pro] vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: N / A
    bus ID: 01: 00.0
    Display: server: X.org 1.20.4 driver: fbdev, modesetting, vesa unloaded: openchrome tty: 128×48

Then I tried:

user @ antix:
    ~ $ startx {Enter}

X.org 1.20.4

vga = 791 1024 × 768

xinit: giving up
    xinit: unable to connect to X server: Connection refused
    xinit: server error

Xecure,

I applied the command below:

user @ antix:
    ~ $ inxi -G {Enter}

Graphics Device-1: VIA CN700 / P4M800 Pro / P4M800 CE / VN800 Graphics [S3 UniChrome Pro] vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: N / A
    Display: server: X.org 1.20.4 driver: fbdev, modesetting, vesa unloaded: openchrome tty: 128×48
    Message: Advanced graphics data unavaliable in console. Try -G –display

user @ antix:
    ~ $ inxi -G –display {Enter}

Graphics Device-1: VIA CN700 / P4M800 Pro / P4M800 CE / VN800 Graphics [S3 UniChrome Pro] driver: N / A

If I use the pendrive prepared to boot / install with antiX 19.2, starting the computer via pendrive, I will be able to make changes directly to text files in graphical mode, you would know how to guide me through this method which changes should I make to the files of text?

Thankful.

marcelocripe

Original text in Brazilian Portuguese, translated into English by the Google translator.

————–

BobC,

Após várias tentativas, eu consegui fazer as alterações nas opções avançadas do antiX 19.2 com a placa de vídeo onboard, enfim consegui definir o vga=791 1024×768, o difícil foi descobrir a tecla para salvar as alterações, eu acho que foi a tecla F10, eu não tenho certeza …

Solicitou o login e senha de usuário em modo texto e na linha de comando apliquei o comando abaixo:

usuario@antix:
    ~$ inxi -Fxz {Enter}

Graphics Device-1: VIA CN700/P4M800 Pro/P4M800 CE/VN800 Graphics [S3 UniChrome Pro] vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: N/A
    bus ID: 01:00.0
    Display: server: X.org 1.20.4 driver: fbdev,modesetting,vesa unloaded: openchrome tty: 128×48

Em seguida tentei:

usuario@antix:
    ~$ startx {Enter}

X.org 1.20.4

vga=791 1024×768

Xecure,

Apliquei o comando abaixo:

usuario@antix:
    ~$ inxi -G {Enter}

Graphics Device-1: VIA CN700/P4M800 Pro/P4M800 CE/VN800 Graphics [S3 UniChrome Pro] vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: N/A
    Display: server: X.org 1.20.4 driver: fbdev,modesetting,vesa unloaded: openchrome tty: 128×48
    Message: Advanced graphics data unavaliable in console. Try -G –display

usuario@antix:
    ~$ inxi -G –display {Enter}

Graphics Device-1: VIA CN700/P4M800 Pro/P4M800 CE/VN800 Graphics [S3 UniChrome Pro] driver: N/A

Se eu usar o pendrive preparado para inicializar/instalar com o antiX 19.2, partindo o computador via pendrive, eu conseguirei fazer as alterações diretamente nos arquivos de texto no modo gráfico, vocês saberiam me orientar por meio deste método quais alterações eu devo fazer nos arquivos de texto?

Grato.

marcelocripe

Texto original no idioma português do Brasil, traduzido para inglês pelo tradutor do Google.

I was able to apply the command in text mode (Terminal):
    (Eu consegui aplicar o comando no modo texto (Terminal):)

$ lspci -v {Enter}

The list that was displayed is quite large, I believe that the last one is the most important:
    (A lista que foi exibida é bem grande, acredito que a última seja a mais importante:)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc CN700/P4M800 Pro/P4M800 CE/VN800 Grapghics [S3 UniChrome Pro] (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] CN700/P4M800 Pro/P4M800 CE/VN800 Grapghics [S3 UniChrome Pro]
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
    Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
    Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
    [virtual] Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [disabled]
    Capabilities: <access denied>

marcelocripe

Ok, I think you should try the vesa driver. Please do not add any extra blank spaces before or after = signs. Try
    vga=791 xorg=vesa quiet

If that doesn’t work try
    vga=791 xorg=1024x768 quiet

If that doesn’t work, I do not understand if you ever correctly did try
    vga=791 xorg=safe quiet

Xecure, here was someone with another distro, same issue solved, but its too advanced for me…
    https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,5761.0.html

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by BobC.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by BobC.
    XecureXecure

Xecure, here was someone with another distro, same issue solved, but its too advanced for me…
    https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,5761.0.html

The problem here is that they don’t list the driver for the card, but they do for the Display.

Graphics:  Card: VIA CN700/P4M800 Pro/P4M800 CE/VN800 Graphics [S3 UniChrome Pro]
               Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: vesa (unloaded: fbdev) Resolution: 1024x768@0.00hz

For marcelocripe, the driver for the graphic card does not load.

marcelocripe, you could try as BoBC suggests. Boot an antiX 19 live system, and try adding the boot parameter
    xorg=vesa
    Or even
    xorg=openchrome
    If nothing comes up, please try booting an antiX 17.4.1 live system (adding the same boot parameter) and see if a graphical environment loads properly.

I suspect your system is UEFI Bios, but just in case I will explain the steps for both.
    On Legacy BIOS, antiX will boot with an interface that has at the bottom many “Fn” Options. It looks something like this:
    Legacy Boot Menu
    In the middle, there will be a line containing the boot options. Add the xorg=vesa parameter at the end of the line and hit Enter

On UEFI BIOS systems, antiX boot menu will look something like
    Customize Boot (text menus)
    Hitting ‘e’ you can see the boot parameters (example below, don’t copy)
    Hit 'e' key for boot parameters
    In the same line as “menus”, before it, add “xorg=vesa”. Then hit F10 to boot and see if it works.

Looking at BobC’s linked thread, I can see two main differences between their system and marcelocripe’s system:

marcelocripe: Server: X.Org 1.20.4, kernel 4.9
    theotherguys: Server: X.Org 1.18.4, kernel 4.8
    If Xorg version is not the problem, it could be a kernel problem. Probably kernel 4.4 in the repos could fix the problem (if it is kernel related). I tried to build an iso with 4.4 to share here but my computer doesn’t boot with it, so I cannot test if it would work.

Let us see how this evolves once marcelocripe has time to test these out.

If it is too much of a bother, we can stop after testing BobC’s xorg=vesa suggestion. All these tests take time and sooner or later will drain oneself of energy. We are not trying to pressure you to do more than you are willing to do, marcelocripe.

Hi BobC and Xecure,

I thank you for helping me.

Xecure, I hope I’m not bothering you too much. You are helping me a lot in this forum, I am able to learn a lot from you and other colleagues who contribute by sharing their knowledge on antiX Linux. The other post was solved thanks to your explanations at the link: https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/reporting-crashes-before-and-after-updates-on-antix-19-2-x64-full/ # post-37769, thank you.

I try to detail as much as possible the steps I am taking, as I know that this post can be of help to other colleagues new to antiX. That is why I keep the texts in Portuguese and with the translation done by Google translator for the English language, I have no idea of ​​how the understanding in the text translated by you should be.

When I search for any kind of information or help on the internet, both in Portuguese and in English related to problems about antiX, I do not find anything similar to what I research, most of the information is about MX Linux (about 80% ) and about the antiX 17 version (about 20%), I still don’t know what the connection is between MX Linux and antiX, there is almost no information about antiX 19.2, YouTube videos have a lot about antix information 17, few videos in Spanish language about antiX 19, but all related to analysis or installation, none with problem solving, so new users of antix 19.2 depend on the help of this forum. Other forums in Portuguese do not have answers or when they have answers, they are not useful to be applied.

Xecure, I joined the BobC guidelines with yours and got the results below:

1 Test: I edited the text:

Advanced options for antiX-19.2 Hnnie Schaft, “e” key

vga = quiet tovga = 791 xorg = vesa quiet, F10.

The video on the monitor remains visible with the command prompt, I entered the username and password,

user @ antix: ~
    $ startx {Enter}

X.Org X Server 1.20.4
    … Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64 x86_64 Debian

user / .local / share / xorg / Xorg.0.log “for additional information. (EE) (EE) Server terminate with error (1). Closinglog file

2 Test: I edited the text:

vga = quiet tovga = 791 xorg = 1024x768 quiet, F10.

The initialization took a little longer than in the first test, the video on the monitor remains visible with the command prompt, I entered the user and password,

$ startx {Enter}

X.Org X Server 1.20.4

user / .local / share / xorg / Xorg.0.log “for additional information. (EE) (EE) Server terminate with error (1). Closinglog filexinit: giving up

3 Test: I edited the text:

vga = quiet tovga = 791 xorg = safe quiet, F10.

The initialization took a little longer than in the first test, the video on the monitor remains visible with the command prompt, I entered the user and password,

$ startx {Enter}

X.Org X Server 1.20.4

user / .local / share / xorg / Xorg.0.log “for additional information. (EE) (EE) Server terminate with error (1). Closinglog file

4 Test: I edited the text:

vga = quiet tovga = 791 xorg = xvesa, F10.

The startup was fast similar to the time of the first test, the video on the monitor remains visible with the command prompt, I entered the username and password,

$ startx {Enter}

X.Org X Server 1.20.4

Tomorrow I will try to follow the step by step of Xecure.

“Let us see how this evolves once marcelocripe has time to test these out.

If it is too much of a bother, we can stop after testing BobC’s xorg = vesa suggestion. All these tests take time and sooner or later will drain oneself of energy. We are not trying to pressure you to do more than you are willing to do, marcelocripe. “

I hope I don’t exhaust you, I may even take a while to apply and return, on the 4.9 to 4.8 kernel I can install the kernel in graphical mode using the offboard video card, then I can remove the video card offboard video and verify that the onboard video card will work in graphics mode.

Thank you for helping me.

marcelocripe

Original text in Brazilian Portuguese, translated into English by the Google translator.

——————

Olá BobC e Xecure,

Eu agradeço por estarem me ajudando.

Xecure, eu espero não estar te incomodando demais. Você está me ajudando muito neste fórum, estou podendo aprender bastante com você e com os outros colegas que contribuem compartilhando o seu conhecimento no antiX Linux. A outra postagem foi solucionada graças a suas explicações no link: https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/reporting-crashes-before-and-after-updates-on-antix-19-2-x64-full/#post-37769, obrigado.

Eu procuro detalhar o máximo possível os passos que estou realizando, pois eu sei que esta postagem poderá servir de ajuda para outros colegas iniciantes no antiX. Por isso mantenho os textos em português e com a tradução feita pelo Google tradutor para o idioma inglês, eu não tenho ideia de como deve ser a compreensão no texto traduzido por vocês.

Quando eu procuro qualquer tipo de informação ou ajuda na internet, tanto em língua portuguesa quanto em língua inglesa relacionadas a problemas sobre o antiX, eu não encontro nada semelhante ao que pesquiso, a maioria das informações são sobre o MX Linux (cerca de 80%) e sobre a versão do antiX 17 (cerca de 20%), eu ainda não sei qual é a ligação entre o MX Linux e o antiX, quase não há informações sobre o antiX 19.2, os vídeos do YouTube tem muita sobre informação o antix 17, poucos vídeos em idioma espanhol sobre o antiX 19, mas todos relacionados a análises ou instalação, nenhum com resolução de problemas, por tanto usuários novos do antix 19.2 dependem das ajudas deste fórum. Outros fóruns em português não possuem respostas o quando possuem respostas, não são úteis para serem aplicadas.

Xecure, eu juntei as orientações do BobC com as suas e obtive os resultados abaixo:

1 Teste: Editei o texto:

Opções avançadas para antiX-19.2 Hnnie Schaft, tecla “e”

vga=quiet para vga=791 xorg=vesa quiet, F10.

O vídeo no monitor permanece visível com o prompt de comando, entrei com o usuário e a senha,

usuario@antix:~
    $ startx {Enter}

X.Org X Server 1.20.4

usuario/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log” for additional information. (EE) (EE) Server terminate with error (1) . Closinglog file

2 Teste: Editei o texto:

vga=quiet para vga=791 xorg=1024x768 quiet, F10.

A inicialização demorou um pouco mais do que no primeiro teste, o vídeo no monitor permanece visível com o prompt de comando, entrei com o usuário e a senha,

$ startx {Enter}

X.Org X Server 1.20.4

usuario/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log” for additional information. (EE) (EE) Server terminate with error (1) . Closinglog filexinit: giving up

3 Teste: Editei o texto:

vga=quiet para vga=791 xorg=safe quiet, F10.

A inicialização demorou um pouco mais do que no primeiro teste, o vídeo no monitor permanece visível com o prompt de comando, entrei com o usuário e a senha,

$ startx {Enter}

X.Org X Server 1.20.4

usuario/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log” for additional information. (EE) (EE) Server terminate with error (1) . Closinglog file

4 Teste: Editei o texto:

vga=quiet para vga=791 xorg=xvesa, F10.

A inicialização foi rápida semelhante ao tempo do primeiro teste, o vídeo no monitor permanece visível com o prompt de comando, entrei com o usuário e a senha,

$ startx {Enter}

X.Org X Server 1.20.4

Amanhã eu vou tentar seguir o passo a passo do Xecure.

“Let us see how this evolves once marcelocripe has time to test these out.

If it is too much of a bother, we can stop after testing BobC’s xorg=vesa suggestion. All these tests take time and sooner or later will drain oneself of energy. We are not trying to pressure you to do more than you are willing to do, marcelocripe.”

Eu espero não esgotar vocês, eu posso até demorar um pouco para aplicar e para dar um retorno, sobre o kernel 4.9 para o 4.8 eu posso fazer a instalação do kernel em modo gráfico utilizando a placa de vídeo offboard, depois posso retirar a placa de vídeo offboard e verificar se a placa de vídeo onboard funcionará no modo gráfico.

Agradeço por vocês estarem me ajudando.

marcelocripe

Texto original no idioma português do Brasil, traduzido para inglês pelo tradutor do Google.

Last ideas from me:

1. Try specifying the openchrome driver (suggested by Xecure above) which was designed I think for that onboard video.
    2. Try it booting it with antiX 17 and see if it works there? antiX 19 has a newer Xorg where they removed support for some video cards like the nVidia one you have. Maybe the same changes affected your onboard video.
    3. I solved the problem for antiX 19 and other newer linux distros on my P III and P II machines by adding an ATI Radeon card which is still supported. It cost me $9 on ebay. I have at least half a dozen nVidia cards which won’t work with the newer Xorg.

Other than those 3 possibilities, I’m out of suggestions. Sorry.

Hi BobC and Xecure,

I configured the BIOS to boot with the pendrive prepared with antiX 19.2 64 bits, in the first option: antiX-19.2 x64-full (27 March 2020) and pressed Enter, was unable to load in graphics mode, stopped in text mode, Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart.

After the computer restarted via pendrive, I selected the Safe Video Mode option and loaded antiX in graphical mode, the actions were extremely slow due to the video response.

Backup grub with SpaceFM file manager in root mode, located / media / rootantiX19 / etc / default / copied grub to / media / rootantiX19 / home / user / Documents

or

Back up the grub and replace the HD grub with the bootable pendrive grub, with SpaceFM file manager in root mode located the pendrive grub / etc / default / grub, right-click, Open, Geany, File, Save as , I clicked on rootantix (sda or HD) that was mounted, located / media / rootantiX19 / home / user / Documents, Save. Then File, Save As, located / media / rootantiX19 / etc / default /, Save, Replace, close Geany.

I restarted the computer and changed the BIOS boot order to boot via HD, selected the first option antiX-19.2 Hannie Schatf, but unfortunately antiX did not load in graphical mode, the monitor lost the video again during loading and it was not possible to view even the graphical mode, being necessary to turn off the computer with the on / off button.

marcelocripe

————

Olá BobC e Xecure,

Configurei a BIOS para inicializar com o pendrive preparado com o antiX 19.2 64 bits, na primeira opção: antiX-19.2 x64-full (27 march 2020) e pressionei Enter, não conseguiu carregar no modo gráfico, parou no modo texto, Ctrl+Alt+Del para reiniciar.

Após o computador reiniciar via pendrive, selecionei a opção Safe Video Mode e carregou o antiX no modo gráfico, as ações ficaram extremamente lentas devido a resposta do vídeo.

Copia de segurança do grub com gerenciador de arquivos SpaceFM em modo root, localizei /media/rootantiX19/etc/default/ copiei grub para /media/rootantiX19/home/usuario/Documentos

ou

Copia de segurança do grub e substituição do grub do HD pelo grub do pendrive inicializável, com gerenciador de arquivos SpaceFM em modo root localizei o grub do pendrive /etc/default/grub, botão direito do mouse, Open, Geany, Arquivo, Salvar como, cliquei em rootantix (sda ou HD) que foi montado, localizei /media/rootantiX19/home/usuario/Documentos, Salvar. Em seguida Arquivo, Salvar como, localizei /media/rootantiX19/etc/default/, Salvar, Substituir, fechar o Geany.

Reiniciei o computador e alterei a ordem de boot da BIOS para inicializar via HD, selecionei a primeira opção antiX-19.2 Hannie Schatf, mas infelizmente o antiX não carregou no modo gráfico, o monitor perdeu o vídeo novamente durante o carregamento e não foi possível visualizar sequer o modo gráfico, sendo necessário desligar o computador com o botão liga/desliga.

marcelocripe

XecureXecure

After the computer restarted via pendrive, I selected the Safe Video Mode option and loaded antiX in graphical mode, the actions were extremely slow due to the video response.

So, you are saying that, with no dedicated/external videocard, after selecting “safe video mode” option in boot, you finally booted into a graphical interface? That is excelent! That means there is hope!
    At that moment, you should have checked
    inxi -G
    to see what drivers had been loaded. With that info, we could have tested things on your installed system.

Back up the grub and replace the HD grub with the bootable pendrive grub,

the live system grub has nothing to do with the installed grub. live and installed work completely different. If you can restore your grub with the one you backed up in your home folder, so you can have your original grub installed, that would be better.
    What you need to do on the live system is check the boot parameters used and test them out on your installed system.
    For example, let us imagine that the boot parameter is
    xorg=safe
    Booting on your installed system, when grub appears, hit “e” key and add the boot parameter in the line containing
    linux /boot/vmlinuz-.... quiet
    at the end of the line. Then hit F10 and enter to see if the system boots with a graphical interface.

From the results of that test we can build forward.

Xecure,

Configurei a BIOS do computador para inicializar a partir do pendrive preparado com o antiX 19.2 64 bits, selecionei a segunda opção Modo de vídeo seguro e carregue o antiX no modo gráfico, como ações permanentemente lentas devido à resposta do vídeo.

No Terminal apliquei o comando:

$ inxi -G
    Graphics:
    Device-1: VIA CN700/P4M800 Pro/P4M800 CE/VN800 Graphics [S3 UniChrome Pro]
    driver: N/A
    Display: X11 server: X.Org 1.20.4 driver: vesa resolution: 1024x768~N/A
    OpenGL: renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 7.0 128 8bits) v: 3.3 Mesa 18.3.6

Xecure,

I configured the computer’s BIOS to boot from the 64-bit antiX 19.2-enabled flash drive, selected the second Safe Video Mode option and loaded antiX in graphical mode, as actions are permanently slow due to the video response.

In the Terminal I applied the command:

$ inxi -G
    Graphics:
    Device-1: VIA CN700 / P4M800 Pro / P4M800 CE / VN800 Graphics [S3 UniChrome Pro]
    driver: N / A
    Display: X11 server: X.Org 1.20.4 driver: vesa resolution: 1024x768 ~ N / A
    OpenGL: renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 7.0 128 8bit) v: 3.3 Table 18.3.6

marcelocripe

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by marcelocripe.
    XecureXecure

What are the boot options for the safe video mode?

HD boot options

antiX-19.2 Hannie Schaft
    Advanced options for antiX-19.2 Hannie Schaft
    Memory test (memtest86 +)

Selecting the option:
    Advanced options for antiX-19.2 Hannie Schaft {Enter}

Displays:

antiX-19.2 Hannie Schaft, with Linux 4.9.212-antix.1-amd64-smp

Press ‘Enter’ to start the selected OS, ‘e’ to edit the commands before booting or ‘c’ for the command line. ESC to return to the previous menu

marcelocripe

————-

Opções de inicialização via HD

antiX-19.2 Hannie Schaft
    Opções avançadas para antiX-19.2 Hannie Schaft
    Memory test (memtest86+)

Selecionando a opção:
    Opções avançadas para antiX-19.2 Hannie Schaft {Enter}

Exibe:

antiX-19.2 Hannie Schaft, com o Linux 4.9.212-antix.1-amd64-smp

Pressione ‘Enter’ para iniciar o SO selecionado, ‘e’ para editar os comandos antes da inicialização ou ‘c’ para a linha de comando. ESC para retornar ao menu anterior

marcelocripe

XecureXecure

Sorry. What I meant was
    cat /proc/cmdline
    There you can see all boot parameters that have been loaded to your system.

Try to substitute all boot parameter (the temporary way I explain here)

Booting on your installed system, when grub appears, hit “e” key and add the boot parameter in the line containing
    linux /boot/vmlinuz-…. quiet

(substitute ALL boot parameters, starting from quiet, for the ones in the live system) in your installed system and see if it boots with graphical interface.

If it doesn’t, you may have to delete the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (in installed system) and reboot again, adding the boot parameters at boot.

If again this doesn’t work, you may have to reinstall using the live system settings.

Xecure,

I configured the BIOS to boot with the pendrive prepared with antiX 19.2 64 bits, I selected the Safe Video Mode option and loaded antiX in graphical mode, the actions were extremely slow due to the video response.

In the Terminal I applied the command:

$ cat / proc / cmdline {Enter}
    vga = 791 quiet splasht disable = lxF xorg = safe

I restarted the computer, configured the computer’s BIOS to boot from HD, Advanced options for antiX-19.2 Hnnie Schaft, “e” key

I changed from:

vga = quiet

for

F10.

The monitor remained with the image visible, loaded the command prompt, requested the user login and password in text mode and on the command line I applied:

$ startx {Enter}

Unfortunately it didn’t work.

I booted the computer via the pendrive, Safe Video Mode, deletes the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.in (on the system installed on the hard drive).

I restarted the computer again with the boot via HD, Advanced options for antiX-19.2 Hnnie Schaft, “e” key

I changed from:

vga = quiet

for

F10.

The monitor remained with the image visible, loaded the command prompt, requested the user login and password in text mode and on the command line I applied:

$ startx {Enter}

Unfortunately it didn’t work, it didn’t load the graphics mode.

marcelocripe

—————-

Xecure,

Configurei a BIOS para inicializar com o pendrive preparado com o antiX 19.2 64 bits, selecionei a opção Safe Video Mode e carregou o antiX no modo gráfico, as ações ficaram extremamente lentas devido a resposta do vídeo.

No Terminal apliquei o comando:

$ cat /proc/cmdline {Enter}
    vga=791 quiet splasht disable=lxF xorg=safe

Reiniciei o computador, configurei a BIOS do computador para inicializar a partir do HD, Opções avançadas para antiX-19.2 Hnnie Schaft, tecla “e”

Alterei de:

vga=quiet

para

F10.

O monitor permaneceu com a imagem visível, carregou o prompt de comando, solicitou o login e senha de usuário em modo texto e na linha de comando apliquei:

$ startx {Enter}

Infelizmente não deu certo.

Inicializei o computador via pendrive, Safe Video Mode, exclui o arquivo /etc/X11/xorg.conf.in (no sistema instalado no disco rígido).

Reiniciei o computador novamente com o boot via HD, Opções avançadas para antiX-19.2 Hnnie Schaft, tecla “e”

Alterei de:

vga=quiet

para

F10.

O monitor permaneceu com a imagem visível, carregou o prompt de comando, solicitou o login e senha de usuário em modo texto e na linha de comando apliquei:

$ startx {Enter}

Infelizmente não deu certo, não carregou o modo gráfico.

marcelocripe

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.