HP Mini 311 & Nvidia & Disappearing DM's

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-17 “Heather Heyer” HP Mini 311 & Nvidia & Disappearing DM's

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by caprea Feb 1-3:08 pm.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    marius
    marius

HP Mini 311-1037NR PC – Product Specifications
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01896922

I installed AntiX 17 (BASE) x86 to the SSD. It boots okay. The ethernet does not seem to work. To get the WiFi to work, I (am pretty sure that I) had to de-blacklist the “b43” driver, restart, and go to the WPA supplicant app.

To maximize the capabilities of this low-spec machine, I installed the Nvidia drivers via the Nvidia installer. It installed 342.XX. Now, after rebooting, no SLiM. No desktop manager. It brings up the terminal to login in. I log in with user/password. I enter “startx” -> NVIDIA splash screen -> then it boots to the desktop.

Big Question:
    1. How can I bring back a desktop manager (any one would be fine).

Minor questions:
    1. (Automatically) Make JWM + SpaceFM the default environment upon loggin in, how?
    2. Automatically connect to my WIFI network every time, how?

caprea
    caprea

Could you post the output of
    inxi -zv8
    or
    inxi -zv7

I also have a laptop running the nvidia-legacy driver 340.107 installed with Nvidia installer running together with 4.19.18-antix.1-amd64-smp -kernel, but also the 4.19.17 works.AFAIK there is no 342.xxx
    I didn’t chose to look for the backports during nvidia-installation, did you ? Here it is 340.107-2~mx17+1

Is on your system a /etc/X11/xorg.conf ?
    You could look if /var/log/Xorg.0.log gives some hints what is happening ?

To the minor questions
    1. Normally if you chose your desktop from menu->Desktop->Alternate desktops->SpaceJwm
    this should stick after reboot
    2. How do you connect to the net ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.