I don't know how to update Firefox on Beta Cacerès..

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions I don't know how to update Firefox on Beta Cacerès..

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by corsiglia Feb 13-10:32 am.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    corsiglia

Good evening,
    I tried to update Firefox by downloading a newer version, but it didn’t work anymore !

I would like to know the way to do that update !

Thanks
    corsiglia

Anti X / Ubuntu 18.04 / IPAD 12

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

firefox-esr (default) is now version 60 and is a simple apt-get dist-upgrade

When you say it

didn’t work anymore !

can you be more specific.
    What did you do?
    Type firefox in a terminal, any messages?
    What happens (exactly)?

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

seaken64

Perhaps you tried installing from a downloaded file from the website?

The correct way to upgrade/update software in antiX is to use the repositories. Running the apt-get routine as anticapitalista suggests will upgrade your Firefox program to the latest version in the repositories. If that version is not new enough for you please ask the developers for help in temporarily enabling a repository that may have a newer version. Then disable the non-standard repository after the install of Firefox is done.

Seaken64

corsiglia

This is the way I tried : Menu>files>download>firefox>browser and ??? nothing….
    It lacks something but what ?
    Thank you

corsiglia

Hi there ! Finally I found the way to update firefox ! It happened with the “sudo su” command (superuser is unknown in the FAQ,s !) and with superuser password !! Anyway, a good job done….

Thanks again to give the strength to find his way !!

Corsiglia

I have Beta Cacerès in french (thanks to translators) but the word “dépôt” ( repo ) is unknown in the Menu……

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.