I love this distro!!

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX I love this distro!!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by seaken64 Jan 31-10:49 pm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    christophe
    christophe

I love this distro!!
    I decided to make this my sole OS on my old 32-bit netbooks & my (more modern) x64 laptops. Flushed Lubuntu away today (& Windows several years ago). The live USBs are incredibly cool, but I found that I literally fell in love with Fluxbox & the “antiX goodies” that I’ve never found anywhere else! I liked the new Lubuntu-Qt thing, but the day after I installed it on one of the netbooks, they announced dropping 32-bit support. I thought about dual-booting on my “main” computer, but… then I changed my mind: I hate right-clicking in Lubuntu and NOT getting the root menu! I thought, “What would I gain, REALLY, by having both?” Nothing. Plus, like I mentioned, I really like Fluxbox & the extras antiX packs in. And all my programs (even Trelby, a screenplay formatting program) is easily installed. AND: Dropbox DOES NOT autostart like on other distros: I like it like that. Bottom line: Perfect for me. Thank you so much, Dev team!!!

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by christophe. Reason: typo
    linuxdaddy
    linuxdaddy

Welcome aboard Christophe,

The DEV Team is great.
    Looking for 32-bit brought me her over a little year ago and I haven’t looked
    back since. Have fun.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracle
    dolphin_oracle

welcome fellow fluxbox user!

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

Howdy and Welcome.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

masinick
    masinick

I love this distro!!
    I really like Fluxbox & the extras antiX packs in.

Glad to hear that you like antiX and also that you are a Fluxbox fan.
    If you also like to experiment with really old stuff, the old fvwm window manager and some of the very earliest X Window system utilities, such as the original “xterm” also use the same right click scheme, though Fluxbox provides an excellent combination of features and small footprint.

There are a few other window managers that have features here and there in common with Fluxbox; if you ever feel like chatting using our messaging feature instead of filling up this message thread, I’d be glad to do so, but any more than that here will send this topic way off course. Best wishes, and welcome to antiX!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by masinick.

Brian Masinick

seaken64

Welcome christophe.

I don’t use fluxbox much, but I have tried it. So far I use IceWm and SpaceFM. And antiX has kept several of my old 32-bit systems alive and kicking. I echo your thanks to the dev team!

Seaken64

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.