- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Jan 1-6:37 pm by Anonymous.
January 1, 2022 at 2:37 pm #74320Anonymous
But my icewm desktop and wifi application doesnt appear and working anymore.
I did 6 times full-upgrade in row and on end,apt autoremove removed – to much- packages.
I have no wallpapers – black wallpaper – anymore and Spacefm doesn’t appear on desktop.
Which packages I should install to get full working desktop again and, working with wifi network application?
Best regardsJanuary 1, 2022 at 3:31 pm #74327Membersybok::
Hi, hope the below helps though it does not address the wi-fi completely.
0) What did you try to resolve the issue(s)? Did you (search for and) find any hints in the forum?
1) please post inxi -Fxr to see which repositories, system-version (and some other potentially relevant information) you use.
The need to perform 6x full-upgrade in a row indicates that you may have non-standard repository (combination) or “exotic” program installed.
2) Please describe how did you upgrade (change of repos and upgrade command, e.g. ‘sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade’)?
There is a post describing upgrade 19 -> 21 in the forum; did you follow the advice there?
3) Store and explore /var/log/apt/history.log (or an older one corresponding to the upgrade).
You can attempt to install some of the removed packages manually, if you believe that they were unjustly removed.
4) There are some posts in the forum that mention reinstalling ‘desktop-session-antix’ solved some issues.
One by @Xecure
is in the aforementioned upgrade-thread; you may search the forum for others.
5) If step 4) fails, adding spacefm to the desktop again can be arranged manually by adding corresponding icon to the desktop (there is a video on YouTube describing it and it was discussed elsewhere in the forum).
6.A) Do you use conman or ceni?
6.B) Can you ping specific IP addresses and get a response? E.g. ‘ping 184.108.40.206’; if yes, then your problem is “merely” a DNS issue.
6.C) If you use conman, there was a problematic upgrade in the past and fixing it involved ‘/etc/resolv.conf’, described somewhere in the forum, please do the search.January 1, 2022 at 6:36 pm #74347Anonymous::
I cant paste hereJanuary 1, 2022 at 6:37 pm #74351Anonymous::
Here is pastebin url end “p5s0XY7z”
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.