iceWM keyboard shortcuts cannot be changed

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions iceWM keyboard shortcuts cannot be changed

• This topic has 27 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Aug 15-2:26 pm by serenity.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

KeyWinArrangeN=”ALT+Ctrl+KP_Up” which you have redefined and made live. It did not work for me. It used up arrow in key pad. Does it work?

Yes, that is the key it is supposed to be, not the regular up arrow.

You can hold down control and alt, and go around the keypad moving the window to various positions corresponding to the keypad rose.

You is right it does WORK !!! I only tested 1 shortcut and I saw nothing happen becuase window was already at top.

Sorry about that. I finally decided to read what it actually does and lo and behold it works.

Try it with the numbers from 1 to 9 going around the keypad and then going to 5.

You’ll be shocked, its THAT cool.

PS: Check to see in your keys file if you have the “grow” and “shrink” keys that I added on the keypad + and –

I looked and I had left them off the map. Everything I have proposed to date is in the keys file attached to this post

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by BobC.
    Attachments:
    1. keys.txt

Testing again last night found that my 2 new keys don’t work because they don’t generate any output, so need to use other Grow and Shrink keys instead. Also, mute key has never worked. Moved it to Alt+Ctrl+KP_Insert (0 key on numeric keypad)

revised keys file attached…

Attachments:
    1. keys-1.txt

Thanks. Grow and shrink seem interesting. I could just override some key to see how it works in b2 genesis usb or my installed 17.4.1

Thanks for the keys-1.txt will use to play with
    Can you send a copy of preferences as well. I have genesis b2 perhaps I will learn how to do updates with differential files on download site
    . Have to eventually. I coubr it’s hard.

I also have to relearn bash, sed awk Boi not enough time. FUN FUN

correction: I doubt it’s hard. for I coubr it’s hard

If you have done

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

today, then /etc/skel/.icewm/preferences file will be correct

PS: that needs to be from 19b2

That idea with resetting a variable by setting to 0 does not work. Do not use it !!!! Perhaps a simple reboot might do trick. Too lazy to research.

If 19b2 can be updated with sudo apt-get uodate et al why are there differential update files on the download site for b2 ? Am I nissing something?

Yes, I know. It renders your 0 key useless.

KeyDoWhatEver=””

Might be a better idea…

Let me know when. I’ll probably try tomorrow sometime.

Also realized to use pc104 keyboard. Instead of default of pc105. Bug not recognizing correct keyboard? I would imagine the keyboard talks to pc and identifies itself.

Maybe it effects the characters output but I doubt it.

Anymore I try to stick to major brands of keyboards. I paid $4.99 for my fancy MS wireless one. It’s old but no problems.

Yes, not being what it thinks would sound like trouble, but not hard to fix

Gee I thought I responded to your last comment. I am going to slow down with this keyboard stuff and learn some other stuff with relation to antiX. B2 to me is not that stable. I rather play with b2 when it’s released. I’ll play with 14.3 in meantime and move on learn Rox and SpaceFM. How to put links on the rox pinboard, etc..

Here is something which seems to work. Only use it if you have to reset a variable. Variable=X’00’ Copy the X’00’ exactly as written. X’00’ is zero in hexadecimal. This seems to reset a variable. But doubled check will all modifier keys such as Ctrl. Alt, Windoze, etc ad nauseum.

Don’t use it unless you have to.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.