Ideas for improvements in future releases

Tagged: 

• This topic has 177 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated May 23-4:44 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    PPC

– antiX with SpaceFM/IceWM with no icons on desktop, so just IceWM – 223Mb
      – antiX with Rox/IceWM – 229Mb

I am not sure if it is comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges,

Hi, and yes, you were comparing apples to oranges 🙂

Let me explain why, and I hope this also helps any newbies out there understand a bit more about how antiX Window Managers work:

The way antiX’s window managers display icons on the desktop is using a particular piece of software to render those icons… As you gather from those “desktop” names, “rox-…” desktops use rox-filer and “space-…! desktops use SpaceFM.
      This mean that, when you are using one of those desktops there’s always a version of the said file manager running on the background, processing the icons- picture it like this- desktop icons are shown in a special immovable transparent file manager window without any window decoration or menus… That’s the reason why not having a desktop that displays desktop icons always saves you some idle RAM…
      Since SpaceFM uses a bit more resources than Rox, that’s the reason why “Space-…” desktops use more RAM.
      The only why to not notice this is if you always have SpaceFM running- because you are expecting it to use your RAM…

Using Spacefm, Rox or any other program as your default file manager does not make your desktop a “space…” or “rox…” desktop, it’s just _IcewM, JWM or Fluxbox (or whatever Window manager you install) running with a certain default file manager.

My personal choice is always making Spacefm my default file manager (even in my initial days, when I was always running desktop icons).

enrique

I am a simple user of Antix. Perhaps three possible Desktops are many for the newbie. Maybe Fluxbox is redundant.
        After one upgrade, herbstluftwm appeared as another possibility; this is confusing for the newbie.
        Thanks for maintaining Antix.

BobC

anticapitalista, When the full version is installed, I see that antix-viewer comes with it by default. This is a fast machine , but it came up very quickly. Could we use that to display the FAQ and other help files, on the machines its loaded on instead of Dillo? It’s using 104 mb of memory instead of Dillo’s 15 mb, but the difference in the user feel is significant, and it would make the FAQ friendly for the users.

Moddit, SamK has been around a long time, and I think the problem is that there are only a small group of Devs to get the major changes done and tested for a new version, not just do fixes, and that doesn’t leave a lot of people time to work on other projects. I have watched anticapitalista give you and your kids some of the most immediate and total “got your back” support that I have ever seen on any distro, and people like Xecure, PPC and myself are willing to help you support all your charges as well. It is a big feather for the distro that it is light and solid enough to compete against the gods in Redmond successfully, thanks also to your efforts. Keep in mind that if antiX doesn’t keep up with the Debian versions, the software will quickly become outdated, especially for your case.

Daily driver distro https://www.antixforum.com

Forum Admin
          anticapitalista

I still think dillo is better.
            Perhaps someone knows how to ‘fix’ the dillo style.css to make the first menu appear on the left rather than the right.
            Links2 opens it on the left.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

BobC

re: Dillo, I tried changing CSS settings, but didn’t find a solution. That isn’t a subject I’m good with. I just cheat and try a different browser. There is a sensible-browser program that keys off a global environment variable called $BROWSER, but that causes more work to change more things.

Hopefully someone else knows a way to get it to display better.

Thanks for trying…

PS: I tried all the other Help pages from the menu and the only ones having trouble were the FAQ page, Announcements (certificate error), and the Wiki which is going to a blank page at http://mxlinux.org/wiki/ instead of http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page which is where the Forum Wiki link took me. Maybe the problem with the FAQ is something unusual about the page itself, not Dillo.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by BobC.
              • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by BobC.

Daily driver distro https://www.antixforum.com

Anonymous

> antix-viewer

it employs QTWebEngine, an ill-maintained and arguably exploitable component.
                I’m nervous about the prospect of a user who, initially, invokes antix-viewer to read a locally installed helpdoc… then winds up clicking hyperlinks leading to remote webservers, then further hyperlinks and surfing the web using a “bare naked” (no adblocking/privacy addons) javascript-enabled web browser. Ideally (IMO), the antix-viewer utility would be patched so that it refused to load anything other than “file://” urlstrings.

manyroads

@enrique I tend to agree with your observation. It seems to me that there are numerous distros which allow users the option of selecting a desktop at installation time. I personally find 4 desktops to be excessive, although I am personally happy to remove anything I don’t want. But then I, also, appreciate that casual / newer users may find that removal ‘problematic’ or ‘frightening’.

Pax vobiscum,
                  Mark Rabideau - http://many-roads.com
                  "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
                  dwm-hlwm-i3wm-spectrwm-swau-dk ~Reg. Linux User #449130
                  20 Jan 2021 ~ "End of an Error"

Forum Admin
                  Dave

> antix-viewer

it employs QTWebEngine, an ill-maintained and arguably exploitable component.
                    I’m nervous about the prospect of a user who, initially, invokes antix-viewer to read a locally installed helpdoc… then winds up clicking hyperlinks leading to remote webservers, then further hyperlinks and surfing the web using a “bare naked” (no adblocking/privacy addons) javascript-enabled web browser. Ideally (IMO), the antix-viewer utility would be patched so that it refused to load anything other than “file://” urlstrings.

I agree with this though an argument could be made to also allow the domain (antixlinux.com/antixlinux.org) for an online version of the documentation as well.

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

manyroads

As for documentation,has anyone tried using cherrytree or zimwiki as the reader or even tweaking the files to use a basic markdown viewer?

FWIW I just tried lynx and it worked (in a lynx way):

In terminal enter:

lynx file:/usr/share/antiX/FAQ/index.html

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by manyroads.

Pax vobiscum,
                      "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

PPC

Thinking outside the box:
                        why not convert all help html pages to a single pdf? That would make all contents much easier to search (by key word), and viewable in a save and fast way…
                        I used LO writer to convert the main page to pdf… If anticapitalista likes the idea, I can convert all pages into a single giant pdf “manual” (in a original odf file, easy to maintain and localize…)

P.

Forum Admin
                        SamK

why not convert all help html pages to a single pdf?

If working in a console environment html is better supported i.e. easier to access. There are a number of web browsers that work in that environment including links2 and elinks which ship in antiX.

ModdIt

I have removed the critical post as requested.

My request is in return you stop openly diluting a public statement on distrowatch which contains the following:
                            And take away “the nicely packed insult” from your post December 6, 2020 at 2:46 pm. I grew up in the midlands of england. I do understand both
                            the queens english and the second often third meanings.
                            ————————————————————————————————————————————————————

From DW a few minutes ago.
                            The goal of antiX is to provide a light, but fully functional and flexible free operating system for both newcomers and experienced users of Linux.

You call me inflammatory, I was and am very concerned about something influencers call image dilution, above sentence contains a
                            strong statement, persons like Dolfin Oracle publish you tube videos for beginners. Others support in other ways.

Pointing new users to MX, posts saying learning linux is the hidden agenda or aim, diluting focus.

Maybe I have a somewhat unique situation and concept born out of poverty, hunger, squalor, and and the fight to get my capabilitys recognized.

Getting ex windows users to stick with enjoy and promote linux is like good vegan cooking. Bring out flavours, textures, colours, present in an
                            attractive manner. Watch the faces when persons take the first bite, when you see open eyes and wow you are at the right place.

My association with cooking is about take away the fear and pain of change, the first stepping stone is a mindset. The second is either tentative,
                            or neccesary, dual boot. Or test with a live stick, unplug it and stop sweating. Take another step, compare the experience, get the taste, continue to
                            sense that each time you boot use enjoy the linux setup you are travelling, exploring, and above all learning.

I was told by a friend of my daughter, I miss your Pizza. The good taste of learning without fear or anxiousness.
                            She is a great kid from a terrible family, had shitty boyfriends trying to find some comfort.
                            Moved away from her parents, is now in further education, speaks Russian very fluently, fluent english, German, some French and is beginning to run
                            not just walk.

I never say go to another restaurant, (Mx) just try the food, it may be a bit more spicy than what you are used to, more complex taste, why is it yellow and
                            just a tad bitter. That leads for those who wish to Ayur Veda and TCM, Chinese and Indian Medicine, of food for health.

In a day or two this can move to Cafenia, for now please let it stay more visible.

Forum Admin
                            SamK

I have removed the critical post as requested.

Your post #46749 contains a series of things that are incorrect. I am not inclined to pursue them other than to say the following.

Just because any given user has an idea about antiX, it does not automatically entitle that idea to become part of the distro. A mechanism has been provided within all variants of antiX (I cannot recall if it is in antiX-net) to enable that user to include their idea (or any other idea) within their own local antiX. If that user decides not to use the tools provided, it becomes increasingly difficult to accept their view that their idea has a right to automatically become an integral part of the distro.

Making work conditional on it being automatically adopted (i.e. done only if prior approval is obtained) is not the antiX way.

The usual process is:
                              • Produce the work because it has local value,
                              • Make the finished result available,
                              • Wait to see if it gets picked up.

Finally, I will continue to support antiX in the manner I have done for many years.

I consider the matter relating to post #46655 closed.

manyroads

As a proof of concept I simply opened the faq file using calibre book reader. The image below is what I got, no conversion or other work required… looks pretty good to me.

EDIT: FWIW here are few free tools to quickly convert a website (like the FAQ) to any ebook format:

http://convertio.co/html-mobi/
                                http://www.online-convert.com/
                                http://dotepub.com/

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by manyroads.

Pax vobiscum,

marcelocripe

Hello dear colleagues,

I hope you understand well the words that I will send translated by the internet translator from Brazilian Portuguese to English. I hope that there is no misunderstanding or that they understand my words as criticism or something that can discourage developers. My intention is to collaborate with suggestions, future vision and possibilities.

Guys, we have two different and very important topics in progress, dealing with practically the same subject:

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/ideas-for-improvements-in-future-releases/
                                  and
                                  https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/release-recommendation-usability-improvements-4/

I’m trying to keep up with these topics, but I can’t keep up with the speed of most colleagues, you are extremely fast.

1 (one) year ago and 1 month ago I started researching Linux, then I started to understand about the existence of the various Linux distributions. 7 (seven) months ago I started on this forum. I intend to stay here on the forum as long as you allow me to stay. Since June 2020 I have been learning a lot from you and in a short time. I thank you all!

Anticapitalista wrote:
                                  I think this is a very fruitful discussion and well worth continuing.
                                  How I see future antiX (ie the next stable ‘bullseye’ version).

It is very good to be able to read your words (in my case, words translated by the internet translator into Brazilian Portuguese) about the future of antiX.

I believe that in order to have a future, the antiX community needs to grow, new users are needed and the existence of the new generation, after a few years, we need the new generation again and this cycle needs to continue repeating itself. Inevitably people get sick and unfortunately die. If there is no new generation of new antiX users, the community will languish and inevitably come to an end. Does anyone here want an end to antiX? My answer is “Eternal life to antiX!”.

Over the course of this 1 year and 1 month, I have seen more Linux distributions being discontinued than new Linux distributions being created.

The new generation is not only aimed at new users, but also the new generation of developers and programmers. In this regard, this community is excellent. We have people who are committed, participative and willing to collaborate even with programming codes. I don’t see such an optimistic scenario in other Linux communities.

Anticapitalista wrote:
                                  Certainly, IMO, including user written scripts have made antiX more user friendly.
                                  eg the IceWM toolbar script, antiX-wifi switcher, android-device-connect, fast_personal_menu_editor, icewm-menu-recent-files and others, though I personally don’t use any of them. The downside to including these useful scripts is that the menu could be considered to be ‘bloated’.

This is motivating, to see the work of several colleagues in the forum being accepted and implemented in antiX.

Making antiX more user friendly and easy to use is basically offering solutions through GUI. Who are the graphical interfaces for?

I myself have no skills at the terminal. However, I can edit text files, at least I’m “seeing” what I’m doing. At the terminal, I don’t “see” what the command does. But the question is: do the novice user, the basic user, or the average user really need this kind of knowledge?

Anticapitalista wrote:
                                  What I don’t want is for antiX to be turned into something it is not meant to be.
                                  For example, some in the past basically wanted it to be like a Debian lubuntu. If people want lxde, Xfce etc and ‘bells n whistles’ out of the box, then they really should try another distro.
                                  We will always be systemd-free.
                                  We will keep to IceWM / Rox default
                                  We will ship with / promote our own (less known or even unknown) tools / apps over bigger and better known versions eg droopy, 1-1-voice etc.
                                  We will try to keep CPU and RAM usage at idle down to a minimum. We mainly achieve this through not running unnecessary services on boot.

We have less and less options available for Linux distributions that have this objective “… try to keep CPU and RAM usage in idle to a minimum …”, this philosophy brought me here and keeps me, due to my goal of saving old computers ( that still work) from being thrown in the trash. But that’s not all that keeps me here, I just stayed here on the forum, due to the receptivity and all the support and help that we have from experienced colleagues (even with the daily challenge I have to interpret the translations). Without all the support and help needed, beginners in Linux distributions cannot start and continue alone, it is very difficult for anyone who is used to everything done in GUI mode on Windows, to start using Linux distributions that everything is done in CLI mode. It is unthinkable for a novice user, basic user or ordinary user to adjust the time the computer needs to apply commands on the terminal, this inevitably makes potential users end up giving up using the operating system.

PPC wrote:
                                  @anticapitalista – as always, I greatly value your opinion! After all this fine OS is almost your “one man show” – and performs miracles of what would be, any other way, almost useless computers…

Among so many very important considerations made by the PPC, this represents the main one, the starting point. AnitX serves the layer that has been abandoned by most Linux distributions and Windows.

According to some Brazilian colleagues who have many years in this “world of Linux distributions”, Debian himself seems to seek self-isolation since he started using systemd. Also according to them, systemd tends to make life difficult for developers of Linux distributions based on Debian. And another issue repeatedly cited by them is the concern that capital would be forcing the end of Linux distributions to take Linux users for themselves.

SamK wrote:
                                  Focusing on new users coming from Windows is in my view a fruitless exercise. The basic concept is flawed but is raised every few years. If it was going to work there would be a distro in existence that had already succeeded, to which all would go.

Microsoft itself throughout history has forced the user to abandon Windows or abandon the computer, forcing the user to buy new equipment. Unfortunately, several Linux distributions follow the same path, the planned or forced obsolescence of technology. These users are looking for an operating system similar to antiX, sooner or later they will arrive here on the forum.

SamK wrote:
                                  It must be remembered, antiX is not Windows (or any other distro) and will never try to be. From its inception antiX had, and continues to have, a goal which is discussed less often than being lean and mean. Encouraging the user to learn Linux and understand what they are doing rather than just blindly clicking on an icon is every bit an antiX tenet as being lean and mean.

I believe that the first contact of new users with antiX needs to be as friendly as possible, so there is a greater chance that the community will grow and the greater the chances that more people will “fall in love” with antiX. Once this user “falls in love” with antiX, then he will be interested in studying and learning Linux, specifically antiX. In people’s lives, there are already many problems, operating systems need to offer solutions, instead of new problems.

Have you tried to identify the different levels of computer users that still exist in the 21st century?

1- Learner user – is learning to use a computer.

2- Beginner user – already learned to turn on the computer and identifies the internet browser and some programs.

3- Basic user – has already gone through the previous steps and already knows how to use the internet browser, Office package and already knows how to use the File Manager, but presents several difficulties in using these basic programs.

All of these users must use the antiX full ISO. Therefore, the full version needs to have many GUI, welcome screens, manual, shortcut icon on the desktop and everything that can show the simplest and easiest way. They probably don’t know how to install the operating system, CLI or even think, black screen keeps “normal” people away, that reminds MS-DOS, their answer is on the tip of the tongue “Linux is difficult!”. They are afraid of damaging the computer, in fact the operating system.

4- Ordinary user – learned to install and uninstall programs, it is curious, eventually destroys the operating system. You already know how to install an operating system. I believe that you still have to use the ISO of antiX full.

5- Average user – knows exactly what he wants, already knows how to do and does not destroy the operating system. You can probably use the base antiX ISO and have some kind of CLI skills.

6- Intermediate user – can use the base ISO, net and core and probably solve almost everything via CLI. The base antiX ISO should be considered by these users as “very easy” or “full” of menus.

7- Advanced user, developer, programmer, remasterizer and etc. – they do not need a GUI, I believe they should solve everything via CLI and sometimes they end up forgetting about “normal” users.

Guys, I don’t want to offend anyone with the definitions above, but this is the reality that I can identify in Brazil. How is it in your country?

The distance of knowledge between the basic user and the average user is years of study and research. We have to be aware that not everyone wants to learn that much just to use a computer.

In some Linux distributions, the community is simply not interested in apprentice, beginner, basic or even ordinary users. So, what should be the future of these Linux distributions? My answer: They will end, they just don’t know it!

I leave here my doubts:

1-Who are the team of developers?

2-Is there an organization chart specifying what each member of the developer team does or is responsible for?

3-How can the participants of this forum collaborate in any way with the work teams?

4-How can I collaborate with what little I know?

I’ve been here for seven months and I don’t know who the antiX developers are, I can identify the developers who create solutions to make antiX easier and easier to use, including PPC, Xecure and BobC (sorry if I still haven’t been able to identify all).

If there is an organization chart specifying what each member of the developer team does, in addition to the work to be performed, it may be that the members of the forum can identify work that can collaborate.

I hope you can reflect on my words.

If you do not speak English, I recommend translating my text in Brazilian Portuguese to your language.

Thank you.

marcelocripe
                                  (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

———-

Olá caros colegas,

Eu espero que compreendam bem as palavras que eu enviarei traduzidas pelo tradutor da internet do idioma Português do Brasil para o idioma Inglês. Eu espero que não haja mal entendido ou que entendam as minhas palavras como crítica ou algo que possa desanimar os desenvolvedores. A minha intenção é de colaborar com sugestões, visão futura e sobre as possibilidades.
                                  Pessoal, temos dois tópicos diferentes e importantíssimos em andamento, tratando praticamente do mesmo assunto:

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/ideas-for-improvements-in-future-releases/
                                  e
                                  https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/release-recommendation-usability-improvements-4/

Eu estou tentando acompanhar estes tópicos, mas eu não consigo acompanhar a velocidade da maioria do colegas, vocês são extremamente rápidos.

Há 1(um) ano e 1 mês atrás eu comecei a pesquisar sobre Linux, depois fui compreender sobre a existência das várias distribuições Linux. Há 7 (sete) meses atrás eu iniciei neste fórum. Eu pretendo ficar aqui no fórum enquanto vocês me permitirem permanecer. Desde de junho de 2020 eu venho aprendendo muito com vocês e em pouco tempo. Eu agradeço a todos!

Anticapitalista wrote:
                                  I think this is a very fruitful discussion and well worth continuing.
                                  How I see future antiX (ie the next stable ‘bullseye’ version).

É muito bom poder ler as suas palavras (no meu caso, palavras traduzidas pelo tradutor da internet para o idioma Português do Brasil) sobre o Futuro do antiX.

Eu acredito que para haver futuro, a comunidade do antiX precisa crescer, para isso é necessários novos usuários e a existência da nova geração, após alguns anos, precisamos novamente da nova geração e este ciclo precisa continuar se repetindo. Inevitavelmente as pessoas adoecem e infelizmente falecem. Se não houver a nova geração de novos usuários do antiX, a comunidade vai definhando e inevitavelmente chega ao fim. Alguém aqui deseja o fim do antiX? A minha resposta é “Vida eterna ao antiX!”.

Ao longo deste 1 ano e 1 mês, eu vi mais distribuições Linux serem descontinuadas do que novas distribuições Linux sendo criadas.

A nova geração, não é apenas direcionada aos novos usuários, mas também a nova geração de desenvolvedores e programadores. Neste quesito esta comunidade está excelente. Temos pessoas empenhadas, participativas e dispostas a colaborar inclusive com códigos de programação. Eu não enxergo um cenário tão otimista assim em outras comunidades Linux.

Anticapitalista wrote:
                                  Certainly, IMO, including user written scripts have made antiX more user friendly.
                                  eg the IceWM toolbar script, antiX-wifi switcher, android-device-connect, fast_personal_menu_editor, icewm-menu-recent-files and others, though I personally don’t use any of them. The downside to including these useful scripts is that the menu could be considered to be ‘bloated’.

Isso é motivador, ver os trabalhos de vários colegas do fórum sendo aceitos e implementados no antiX.

Tornar o antiX mais amigável e fácil de utilizar, basicamente é oferecer soluções por meio de GUI. Para quem são as interfaces gráficas?

Eu mesmo não possuo habilidade no terminal. Contudo, eu consigo fazer edições de arquivos de textos, ao menos eu estou “vendo” o que estou fazendo. No terminal, eu não “enxergo” o que o comando realiza. Mas a pergunta é: o usuário iniciante, usuário básico ou o usuário comum precisam realmente possui deste tipo de conhecimento?

Anticapitalista wrote:
                                  What I don’t want is for antiX to be turned into something it is not meant to be.
                                  For example, some in the past basically wanted it to be like a Debian lubuntu. If people want lxde, Xfce etc and ‘bells n whistles’ out of the box, then they really should try another distro.
                                  We will always be systemd-free.
                                  We will keep to IceWM/Rox default
                                  We will ship with/promote our own (less known or even unknown) tools/apps over bigger and better known versions eg droopy, 1-1-voice etc.
                                  We will try to keep CPU and RAM usage at idle down to a minimum. We mainly achieve this through not running unnecessary services on boot.

Cada vez temos menos opções disponíveis de distribuições Linux que possuem este objetivo “… tentar manter CPU e RAM uso em inatividade ao mínimo…”, esta filosofia me trouxe aqui e me mantém, devido ao meu objetivo de salvar computadores antigos (que ainda funcionem) de serem jogados no lixo. Mas não é só isso que me mantém aqui, eu só fiquei aqui no fórum, devido a receptividade e a todo o apoio e ajuda que nós temos dos colegas experientes (mesmo com o desafio diário que eu tenho em ter que interpretar as traduções). Sem todo apoio e ajuda necessário, iniciantes em distribuições Linux não tem como começar e continuar sozinho, é muito difícil para quem está acostumado com tudo feito em modo GUI no Windows, passar a utilizar distribuições Linux que tudo é feito em modo CLI. É impensável para um usuário iniciante, usuário básico ou usuário comum ajustar a hora do computador necessitar aplicar comandos no terminal, isso inevitavelmente faz usuários em potencial acabarem desistindo de utilizar o sistema operacional.

PPC wrote:
                                  @anticapitalista – as always, I greatly value your opinion! After all this fine OS is almost your “one man show”- and performs miracles of what would be, any other way, almost useless computers…

Entre tantas considerações importantíssimas feitas pelo PPC, esta representa a principal, o ponto de partida. O anitX atende a camada que foi abandonada pela maioria das distribuições Linux e pelo Windows.

Segundo alguns colegas Brasileiros que possuem muitos anos neste “mundo das distribuições Linux”, o próprio Debian parece buscar o auto isolamento desde quando passou a utilizar o systemd. Ainda segundo eles, o systemd tende a dificultar a vida dos desenvolvedores das distribuições Linux baseadas em Debian. E outra questão repetidamente citadas por eles, são a preocupação de que o capital estaria forçando o fim das distribuições Linux para tomarem para si os usuários Linux.

SamK wrote:
                                  Focusing on new users coming from Windows is in my view a fruitless exercise. The basic concept is flawed but is raised every few years. If it was going to work there would be a distro in existence that had already succeeded, to which all would go.

A própria Microsoft ao longo da história obrigou o usuário a abandonar o Windows ou a abandonar o computador, forçando o usuário a comprar outro equipamento novo. Infelizmente, várias distribuições Linux seguem o mesmo caminho, a obsolescência programada ou forçada de tecnologia. São estes usuários que buscam um sistema operacional semelhante ao antiX, cedo ou tarde chegarão aqui no fórum.

SamK wrote:
                                  It must be remembered, antiX is not Windows (or any other distro) and will never try to be. From its inception antiX had, and continues to have, a goal which is discussed less often than being lean and mean. Encouraging the user to learn Linux and understand what they are doing rather than just blindly clicking on an icon is every bit an antiX tenet as being lean and mean.

Eu acredito que o primeiro contato dos usuários iniciantes com o antiX precisa ser o mais amigável possível, assim existe uma chance maior da comunidade crescer e maior será as chances de mais pessoas se “apaixonarem” pelo antiX. Uma vez que este usuário se “apaixone” pelo antiX, aí sim terá interesse e em estudar e aprender Linux, em específico o antiX. Na vida das pessoas, já existem muitos problemas, os sistemas operacionais precisam oferecer soluções, ao invés de novos problemas.

Já tentaram identificar os diversos níveis de usuários de computador que existem ainda no século XXI?

1- Usuário aprendiz – está aprendendo a utilizar um computador.

2- Usuário iniciante – já aprendeu a ligar o computador e identifica o navegador de internet e alguns programas.

3- Usuário básico – já passou pelas etapas anteriores e já sabe usar o navegador de internet, pacote Office e já sabe utilizar o Gerenciador de Arquivos, mas apresenta várias dificuldades em utilizar estes programas básicos.

Todos estes usuários tem que utilizar a ISO do antiX full. Por isso, a versão full precisa possuir muitas GUI, telas de boas vindas, manual, ícone de atalhos na área de trabalho e tudo que puder mostrar o caminho mais simples e fácil. Provavelmente não sabem instalar o sistema operacional, CLI nem pensar, tela preta afasta as pessoas “normais”, isso lembra o MS-DOS, a reposta deles estão na ponta da língua “Linux é difícil!”. Eles possuem medo de danificar o computador, na verdade o sistema operacional.

4- Usuário comum – aprendeu a instalar e desinstalar programas, é curioso, eventualmente destrói o sistema operacional. Já sabe instalar um sistema operacional. Eu acredito que ainda tem que utilizar a ISO do antiX full.

5- Usuário médio – sabe exatamente o que quer, já sabe fazer e não destrói o sistema operacional. Provavelmente consegue utilizar a ISO do antiX base e possui algum tipo de habilidade com CLI.

6- Usuário intermediário – consegue utilizar a ISO base, net e core e provavelmente resolvem quase tudo via CLI. A ISO do antiX base deve ser considerada por estes usuários como “muito fácil” ou “cheia” de menus.

7- Usuário avançado, desenvolvedor, programador, remasterizador e etc – não precisam de GUI, eu acredito que devem resolver tudo via CLI e às vezes acabam se esquecendo dos usuários “normais”.

Pessoal, eu não quero ofender ninguém com as definições acima, mas esta é a realidade que eu consigo identificar no Brasil. Como é no seu país?

A distância do conhecimento entre o usuário básico e o usuário médio são anos de estudo e pesquisa. Temos que ter a ciência de que, nem todas as pessoas pretendem aprender tanto assim só para utilizar um computador.

Em algumas distribuições Linux, a comunidade simplesmente não se interessa pelos usuários aprendiz, iniciante, básico ou até mesmo o comum. Então, qual deverá ser o futuro destas distribuições Linux? A minha resposta: Irão acabar, só não sabem disso!

Eu deixo aqui as minhas dúvidas:

1-Quem são a equipe de desenvolvedores?

2-Existe um organograma especificando o que cada integrante da equipe de desenvolvedores faz ou é responsável?

3-Como os participantes deste fórum podem colaborar de alguma forma com as equipes de trabalho?

4-Como eu posso colaborar com o pouco que eu sei?

Eu estou aqui há sete meses e não sei quem são os desenvolvedores do antiX, eu consigo identificar os desenvolvedores que criam soluções para tornar o antiX cada vez mais fácil de utilizar, entre eles PPC, Xecure e BobC (perdão se eu ainda não consegui identificar todos).

Se houver um organograma especificando o que cada integrante da equipe de desenvolvedores faz, além dos trabalhos a serem desempenhados, pode ser que os integrantes do fórum possam identificar um trabalho que possa colaborar.

Eu espero que possam refletir sobre as minhas palavras.

Quem não domina o idioma Inglês, eu recomendo traduzir o meu texto em idioma Português do Brasil para o seu idioma.

Muito Obrigado.

marcelocripe
                                  (Texto original em Português do Brasil)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 178 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.