Installation Antix on 2 Intel Atom devices

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Installation Antix on 2 Intel Atom devices

• This topic has 56 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated May 6-1:31 pm by kultex.
Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Let me know how it works.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

I have checked the antiX remaster scripts – https://github.com/antiX-Linux/remaster/tree/master/bin – but I did not find what I was searching.

When I flash antix with rufus in GPT mode – I have two options – isohybrid and dd writing. When I choose dd, then there is no space for a rootfs file on the USB-stick and I am asked , where I want to put the rootfs file – and I see all the internal disks.

It would be cool, to get this option all the time, not only, when there is no space on the usb stick

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Ask rufus to fix it. Better still, use live-usb-maker.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

there is nothing wrong in rufus – it woulld be great if you can tell me, where I can find the code that produces this text on the screenshot

Attachments:

just a short update, before I start again with re-flashing the usb stick:

with antiX/kernel 4.16 – the internal mmc is ok – the SD-card is seen, but much to late, like fstab does not see the disk and also blkid does not see it – see attachment.

I am now able to boot with MX-kernel and here everything works: puuid=SD-Card works, but this is not that, what I am looking for.

I still have troubles to save things for next reboot, like keyboard or disabling the LVDS-screen, but this comes later.

Maybe somebody has an idea, which kernel parameter is missing in the antiX kernel, if not not, I will have a look next week.

Attachments:
    VWVW

The weird thing I found is that while I can’t boot antiX on my intel Atom device, I can boot, and use MX. Both ISOs were made with USB maker.

I confess I am sorely tempted to install MX and then, once Windows is gone, maybe antiX will load.

The error message states:

Limpus Lite boot failed!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by VW. Reason: Added error message

“These are the times that try men's souls" - Thomas Paine

you mean antix live usb-maker?

can you give more details to your atom device?

@ BitJam

I tried everything to get my own fstab

I quote from the bootparameters:
    fstab=off Turn off all fstab hotplug and automount features. An fstab file will still be created for you at boot-time and mountpoints for partitions will be added under the /media directory at boot-time but after that, no automatic changes to fstab or the /media mountpoints will be made.

this does not turn off makefstab at boot, because its written “An fstab file will still be created for you at boot-time”.

next possibility: https://github.com/antiX-Linux/Documentation/blob/master/pod/make-fstab.pod#Files

/etc/fstab.hotplug
    The existence of this file turns fstab hotplugging on and off. If the file does not exist then we do not do nothing when in update mode. The fstab file is not re-written, mountpoint directories are not created or deleted, and devices are not mounted.

if there is no “/etc/fstab.hotplug” then “The fstab file is not re-written” – I dont find any “/etc/fstab.hotplug” on the system, but it is still overwritten.

And the last question, how you define root-persistance in the grub menu? – I tried the original “p_static_root” from the menu and “persist=root!,r!”

I ried also without root-persistance and editing the file /live/boot-dev/antiX/state/machine-state-files, but just later, because I need root-persistance to get the MX-kernel. All the time fstab is overwritten.

I am finished, with all the info I found in the documentation.

ok it seems, that there is no chance to discuss, how it is possible, to get your own fstab.

so back to puuid. This works, but how can I read my files on homefs, when the machine crashes?

so i am almost desperate at the make-fstab, i have never seen such a penetrating tool in the linux world

but i can report success – yep.

You can see on the screenshot how it works. it’s a bit dirty and i have to press ctrl+alt+backspace, but then i have my SD as /home.

There are a lot of small nasty things – like the LVDS Screen, which always appears at boot – you can see it in the screenshot…

but I think, the main struggle is done

Attachments:

some updates:

disabling LVDS Screen was easy: just add “video=DSI-1:d video=HDMI-2:e” to the bootline – arandr from the antiX control center tells you the names of the screens – in my case its DSI1 and HDMI2 – in the bootline you just have to change the name to DSI-1 and HDMI-2 :d = disable – :e = enable

one more problem made me nearly crazy – the sound did not work – I was searching for days…. Today I found, that it is a specific Lattepanda bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1824259 – so I have switch to kernel 5.4 …..

Update: it should be also in 4.19.88 – https://lwn.net/Articles/806396/

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by kultex.
Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.