Installation Successful But System Not Booting

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Installation Successful But System Not Booting

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated Apr 26-7:55 am by abc-nix.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    linuxxxx

My antix installation was successful but the system is not booting.

I used custom installation. I was using windows previously.

I am using UEFI mode. The installation gets stuck at 96 percent and then finishes successfully after an hour. But as soon as I try to boot the boot menu doesn’t show up. Again I have to repeat the whole process but it doesn’t work.

I have updated it. I have tried repairing grub bootloader but doesn’t work.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by christophe. Reason: Removed all caps in title
      abc-nix

Was this with antiX 23 or 23.1? There was a bug in antiX 23(.0) that had issues with installing on UEFI systems. The release notes mentioned that you need to update the live system before installing.

Boot the live antiX USB again and in the “Boot Repair” program, first “Reinstall GRUB” (first option), and after it is correctly reinstalls, run this program again to “Repair GRUB”. This should fix the grub boot menus.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.