[Installer crashes] Bento antiX i486 Sept. respin

Forum Forums antiX-development antiX Respins [Installer crashes] Bento antiX i486 Sept. respin

• This topic has 17 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Sep 22-3:01 pm by skidoo.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    melodie
    Helpful
    Up

Hi,

I have SOLVED it completely. After anticapitalista tested I looked deeply into the packages :

cpp and gcc versions in 64bits and 32bits were different.

First I did a “diff -aur > newfile.txt” on both package lists

Second I managed to add or remove to the 32bits packages that were present or not present in 64bits

At each step I rebuilt the ISO and tested (short and fast) in Virtualbox.

Then I reverted all the packages and reinstalled them : after deactivating the backports. Of course then the packages could not be reinstalled so I either forced the versions using Synaptic or removed the packages and reinstalled them right after, using aptitude.

At the beginning I had trouble with the cpp package, so I made one from the core antix distro using dpkg-repack and installed it using dpkg.

Once all finished (2 or 3 evenings), I did a new ISO, tested, next updated iso-snapshot-antix, did a new ISO, tested, and the final : A MOMENT AGO, I updated antix-installer and redid the ISO.

I didn’t believe it but IT WORKED!!!

Here a screenshot. Next I’ll install to bare metal asap, to test deeper!

I am happy I didn’t try to rebuild it from the antiX official again, because I would not have found what caused the issue. Guessing it came from my use of backports is something I will keep in mind from now on.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by melodie.
    Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

@melodie: Congratulations on your successful work and the many positive things you have learned.

Keep up the good work and enjoy the fruit of your effort!

Brian Masinick

skidoo
    Helpful
    Up

Congrats on finding a solution and thanks for following up to describe the solution.

will the “on hold” on antix-installer and iso-snapshot-antix stick in the next builds ?

I would expect that the list of holds “sticks” (is preserved) when a live-remaster operation or iso-snapshot operation is performed. I have not checked whether the install-to-disk operation resets//clears the markings; you can verify the status of current markings, post-install, using the command “apt-mark showhold”

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.