Internet is not available with 3G modem in antiX 19.1 Live

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-19 “Marielle Franco” Internet is not available with 3G modem in antiX 19.1 Live

• This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Feb 2-3:22 am by anticapitalista.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello!
    Created an internet connection using wvdialconf. Launched it with the wvdial command.
    But Firefox does not download sites from the web.
    AntiX 17 did not have this problem.
    Tell me what to do with it.

• This topic was modified 4 months ago by greevous.
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Maybe try this:

connman-not-connecting

Can you connect to the net using for example apt-get update or ping google.com?

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Maybe try this:

connman-not-connecting

Lines were commented out by default.

Can you connect to the net using for example apt-get update or ping google.com?

Nothing.

Forum Admin

Maybe you need to remove connman? Maybe it conflicts with wvdial?

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

# apt remove connman
    # killall connman-vpnd
    # wvdialconf
    $ wvdial

Does not work.

There is also oFono that works with connman, but I don’t yet know how to install it to work correctly.

VWVW

Created an internet connection using wvdialconf. Launched it with the wvdial command.
    But Firefox does not download sites from the web.

I thought the computer connects to the web on boot-up, or at least mine does.

Try starting wvdial and then reboot to see if it connects then.

Of course, until you get a working internet connection going for long enough to do an update and install any missing programs, anything could be wrong, couldn’t it?

“These are the times that try men's souls" - Thomas Paine

I thought the computer connects to the web on boot-up, or at least mine does.

Try starting wvdial and then reboot to see if it connects then.

Thank you for your advice.
    But it did not help.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by greevous.
    VWVW

Forgive me if I make any stupid suggestions. I haven’t got much sleep this weekend. Anyway, I copied this from the Debian Wiki. It might help.

WvDial is a program that makes it easy to connect your Linux workstation to the Internet. It is a PPP dialer with built-in intelligence: it will automatically detect your modem, and it can log into almost any Internet provider’s server without any special configuration.

Frontends

gnome-ppp

Installation

Installing wvdial with a package manager will use debconf and wvdialconf(1) to establish the /etc/wvdial.conf file, with the necessary connection values (i.e. phone number, username, password) supplied by you.

To repeat the configuration process after installation, run dpkg-reconfigure wvdial.

Usage

Once configured, WvDial can be started/stopped using the pon.wvdial and poff.wvdial scripts or via the GNOME frontend. A wvdial method is also available in interfaces(5) for use with ifupdown.

VWVW

And this is the Arch Forum which is always worth a look. Lots of details usually.

Forgive me if I make any stupid suggestions. I haven’t got much sleep this weekend. Anyway, I copied this from the Debian Wiki. It might help.

WvDial is a program that makes it easy to connect your Linux workstation to the Internet. It is a PPP dialer with built-in intelligence: it will automatically detect your modem, and it can log into almost any Internet provider’s server without any special configuration.

Frontends

gnome-ppp

Yes, I know about wvdial.
    AntiX has gnome-ppp and umts-panel for working with this utility. Everything is working fine, but not in AntiX 19 🙁

And this is the Arch Forum which is always worth a look. Lots of details usually.

I agree, archwiki is a useful resource.

Forum Admin

Try removing the /etc/resolv.conf sym link to /run/connman/resolv.conf. Instead make sure it links to /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf

and set up wvdial again

Try removing the /etc/resolv.conf sym link to /run/connman/resolv.conf. Instead make sure it links to /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf

and set up wvdial again

It works!
    Thank you, anticapitalista, for your help!
    I wish you success in your work! 🙂

Forum Admin

Glad it works!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.