Is grub supposed to be in net install of antix 19?

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-19 “Marielle Franco” Is grub supposed to be in net install of antix 19?

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Jan 25-5:29 pm by stevesr0.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I installed a antix 19 net version (sid) and only after having problem with boot discovered the grub packages weren’t installed.

Was this a glitch with my install or is it not installed automatically as part of the initial install?

stevesr0

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

net does not include grub.
    During installation you are asked something like ‘is this a net iso?’
    You must answer yes(Y).

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Hi anticapitalista,

thanks. So my install was ok.

What is puzzling, is that at the end, the install asks about grub, but does not advise that you have to install it.

I guess there is a reason for not including it.

stevesr0

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

On net, when you are prompted ‘Is this a net iso’ and you answer ‘Yes’, the cli-installer script then downloads grub (and some other necessary packages such as keyboard config etc). Later you are asked to install grub in the MBR (Yes) or to root (no). There is no UEFI option, only legacy grub.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Hi anticapitalista,

I recall doing that, but when I shutdown and took out the usb drive and rebooted, it didn’t have a new grub install.

It was only after using supergrub to get to the new install, that I realized that grub packages hadn’t been downloaded.

I am old, so maybe my memory is playing a trick upon me…

stevesr0

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.