Is streamlight still supported on youtube?

Forum Forums General Software Is streamlight still supported on youtube?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by seaken64 Apr 27-1:18 pm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    seaken64

I followed the FAQ on streamlight but no matter what youtube video I try I get this error:

No streams found on URL

The log says “found matching plugin youtube”

but it always crashes.

This is antiX-17. I tried both the icon in the tray/panel and the “run once” options.

Any ideas on why streamlight won’t work?

Sean

BobC

Ok, try a test… Copy this string, then run streamlight from the menu just like you said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPtv14q9ZDg

If it doesn’t work, run Synaptic from the Control Centre, System tab, Manage Packages option or from the Applications, System Tools menu, reload and search for streamlight. Maybe its out of date and needs to be updated.

seaken64

Okay, thanks. I’ll try that and let you know what happens. I just did a dist-upgrade on my laptop running v17.1 and I got lots of updates. I’ll also try that on the P-III. I didn’t think of that but I think you’re right and it needs an update.

Sean

seaken64

BobC, thank you. That was it. It needed to be updated. I will have to remember to update and upgrade once in a while. I use several different systems and I didn’t remember to make sure I had the systems updated on that P-III. Once I did the update and dist-upgrade it is working fine.

I guess this streamlight is an option to the smtube I had been using. I can’t see a lot of difference in the results of playing with streamlight versus smtube. I actually like the browser from smtube better. I guess the only difference I noticed is that I get to choose the resolution of the video and can download to disk with streamlight. That could be useful.

Sean

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.