SOLVED: Is there a default set of folders in the /home/user directory?

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-19 “Marielle Franco” SOLVED: Is there a default set of folders in the /home/user directory?

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Feb 10-12:22 pm by stevesr0.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

UPDATE: Searched the web a bit and found that subdirectories are formed automagically for a new user by the gui environment (xdg?). Since this is a minimal install, no GUI.

I assume that’s the “answer” <g>.

My first install of an antiX distro was the full version. As with Debian installs, this seems to install by default with several subdirectories (Documents, Downloads, etc).

My latest antiX install is a net version of 19.1 (sid).

I notice that the user directory has no subdirectories.

Is this “normal” for both net and full and for sid and stable (and my memory is defective)?

thanks for clarification.

stevesr0

• This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by stevesr0. Reason: found answer to my question
    AntixDingoAntixDingo

I can’t speak to the net-install auto-magician-ness for user folder creation.

You could look to modifying /etc/adduser.conf for fleshing out user profiles.

Few things as strong as a well-timed idea.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Yes it is normal.
    You could install xdg-utils and run in a user terminal

xdg-user-dirs-update

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Hi anticapitalista,

Ah – I didn’t realize that xdg would do anything without a GUI. I will try that.

stevesr0

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.