[SOLVED] Respin attempt, need help install skips user/pw screen

Forum Forums antiX-development antiX Respins [SOLVED] Respin attempt, need help install skips user/pw screen

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated Mar 23-6:07 am by BobC.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BobC

So I used my packagecomp and aptik to migrate my tweaks to a fresh flashdrive (really a fast USB SSD), and then used the persistence and remastering to make it into a bootable system which I think will also install, etc. It’s oriented to IceWM, but the other desktops are still available. Here are a few screenshots. I got things like Window driven Helpnotes and my wallpaper modifier working, and only rarely use the menus because the programs I use often are all on the toolbar, which autohides out of the way until you mouse to the bottom of the screen or press a key like Ctrl+Esc to bring up the menu. I only created a 64 bit system at this point. If there is any interest, I’ll figure out how to make an ISO of it and post it. I’m running it from flashdrive only at the moment.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by BobC. Reason: change title
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by BobC.
    BobC
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

I have a wierd problem.

I was able to make my changes using persistence, save it, reboot and change the root and demo passwords back to defaults, remaster, reboot without persistence, and install to the hard drive, but when I install, it seems to think the home directory already exists, and never asks for a user id or password, so doesn’t create my user id, etc.

If there is a “howto” or video on making a respin, maybe I am doing something wrong or out of sequence, and could avoid me asking silly questions or making avoidable mistakes if I had a checklist.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.