Just stopping in

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Just stopping in

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by masinick Dec 6-6:07 pm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

eriefisher

What still no anti-X-fce? Hey folks.

eriefisher

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

WOW!! Hi there erie! So good to ‘see’ you after so many years.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

Forgot to mention – antiX -Xfce is called MX Linux! 🙂

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

eriefisher

I did see that. It’s great to see your alive and well. I’m still running antiX. One dist-upgrade after another. Did a fresh install back in the spring but that was the first in many years. Keep it up folks.

Eriefisher

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracle
    dolphin_oracle

@eriefisher

the man the myth the legend! Nice to “see” you!

eriefisher

How’s the great oracle doing these days?

I think I will drop in from time to time just to see who’s pulling their weight!

Question: Why when I log into the forum I get a wp-admin page and then need to click through? Is this a quirk of WP?

eriefisher

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

who’s pulling their weight!

Not me. That is for sure. 🙂

Is this a quirk of WP?

It is pretty quirky. I was kicked out of here yesterday. Took me 2 days to get back in. That is with admin privileges. So I guess. No hope for you members. 😆

Beer, Bikes, and BBQ. It's what we do. Master of none.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Buck Fankers

That is with admin privileges. So I guess. No hope for you members.

LOL!

masinick
    masinick

I did see that. It’s great to see your alive and well. I’m still running antiX. One dist-upgrade after another. Did a fresh install back in the spring but that was the first in many years. Keep it up folks.

Eriefisher

Great to see you back my friend! I have mentioned your name here a few times since we’ve last seen you – and it was about creating alternative configurations, such as building a custom antiX distro with another window manager, or even a desktop, such as Xfce. I’ve done that many times with antiX Core, and before that, I did it with the very early systems by simply using the package manager in creative ways, but as anticapitalista notes, we now have a replacement for MEPIS called MX that is basically antiX with Xfce, and it’s a nice, easy to use system like MEPIS has always been.

Best wishes in all that you do!

Brian Masinick

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.