Keyboard Backlight – Intempo Gaming set

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Keyboard Backlight – Intempo Gaming set

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Apr 4-2:16 pm by Crashed Disk.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Crashed DiskCrashed Disk

Right guys heres one for you.

I bought the Intempo gaming set which has pretty lights on the keyboard and mouse, Mouse auto lights up when connected via USB but the keyboard does not so tested on old Windows laptop and have to press the scroll lock key to activate but works, Found this article https://askubuntu.com/questions/13886/how-to-light-up-back-lit-keyboard and tried xset led on via terminal which works but have to do this manually. is there a quick and easy way to automate this?

The set I am using is the one here Intempo Gaming Set

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Crashed Disk.
    XecureXecure

Found this article https://askubuntu.com/questions/13886/how-to-light-up-back-lit-keyboard and tried xset led on via terminal which works but have to do this manually. is there a quick and easy way to automate this?

Well done finding the solution. If the keyboard is always connected when you boot antiX, add the xset command to startup (wherever you like).
    geany ~/.desktop-session/startup

Add it close to the beginning so it is one of the first things to start when your system starts.

If not using the default antiX “desktops”, add it to the startup file for your window manager/desktop environment (eg for icewm, the startup file is in $HOME/.icewm/startup).

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Xecure. Reason: typo
    Crashed DiskCrashed Disk

Thank you once again it worked a treat I get worried when editing config files but this was a straight forward insert comment and command here situation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.