keyboard & mouse stopped working

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-21 “Grup Yorum” keyboard & mouse stopped working

• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Nov 27-11:50 pm by Koo.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Koo

After this morning updates my mouse a keyboard have stopped working.

Linux antix21 5.15.0-3.2-liquorix-amd64 #1 ZEN

christophe
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

I assume your signature line is stating the kernel & version (sysvinit), right?

(Just noting – I’m having no problems with antiX kernels.)

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2019

Koo
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks for your reply
    Been running the liquorix kernel the whole time I updated to that version a few days ago, was working fine until this morning updates.
    Shame really was enjoying 21 have been using it as my main for the late week. Tried boot to other versions still the same, I can always use the disk space for something else. Thanks

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Koo, you are an experienced user, so we don’t need to give too many instructions.

Please, chroot into your installed antiX system (from a live USB or from a different installed system) and please share with us the las update information in /var/log/apt/history, so we can try to figure out which update is to blame.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

Koo
    Helpful
    Up

@Xecure I uploaded as a text file. Was complaining about spam.

Thanks

Attachments:

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

From this list, the suspicious ones should be:

xserver-xorg-core
    libblockdev-fs2
    libdbus-1-3
    libsmbclient
    dbus-x11
    xserver-common
    libuuid1
    libblockdev2
    libblockdev-part-err2
    libblockdev-utils2
    libpolkit-gobject-1-0
    libprocps8
    procps
    rfkill
    dbus

I don’t think the ones related to filesystems and mounting should be touching input devices.
    rfkill should only be related if the devices are wireless, but this shouldn’t be blocking automatically wireless connection.
    dbus and xorg are the most suspicious, but I cannot see any package related to input either, only common and core packages.

If it was some libinput or libevdev, then we could point out that these are to blame, but I cannot see them there.

Does anyone know if policykit can manage or control permissions to input devices?

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

Koo
    Helpful
    Up

@Xecure
    I will try over the next few days to work this out it must be something simple. Just a bit busy with house Reno’s at the moment.

Thanks for replying.

ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up

I think I am also being affected with this, desktop seems frozen, maybe just no input possible.

AntiX21 Runit 64 Bit. the problem is most apparent in latest kernel but still occurs when booted with the older one.
    The base system still runs, printing a big job just continued until finished. The printer is USB connected so
    it does not look port related.

Have to kill with power switch and reboot.
    Also noticing constant disk activity, worrying for my ssd. Top shows Kworker doing something probable reason.

The problem is also apparent on a start from live stick. Could not diagnose but looks like a service runs amok.

I have now been running a sysv init Live setup on same computer for hours without any issue.
    Disk activity nil unless starting an application, working with mail, writer or browsing.

Koo
    Helpful
    Up

It is so strange the keyboard and mouse are live as if they are working but theirs no response. And the desktop is not locked up as my i3bar modules are still working.
    Tried changing kernels but it was still the same, yet if you stay in tty the keyboard work fine.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

If you are running runit version, post output of

ls -la /etc/service/

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up

I had first thought I had a hardware defect, now decided to start with a clean repeatable setup.

Test setup, A fresh download 64 bit runit full, sha256 is correct, fully updated, nothing is outside of antiX or antiX installer packages with exception of oracle Java. I did not install open java as it
    throws an error. Want to be sure problems are not from some obscure open java bug.

First I will run without Brother driver setup for a few hours, as long as my daughter does not need printouts that is. Then install my printers, my laser only needs a PPD not multiarch support like the Brother MFC.

Only things I have noticed during setup, connman is repeatedly looking for timeservers. DNS check showed connections to 8.8.8.8 google, Nazis love that, take away 2 dots and you have two Heil H greetings.
    found using netstat.

OFF Topic: How can I force a different DNS, is that hardcoded in connmann now.

At present disk is quiet, desktop ok.

Koo
    Helpful
    Up

Will do it later.

• This reply was modified 20 hours, 51 minutes ago by Koo.
    • This reply was modified 20 hours, 50 minutes ago by Koo.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.