[Kubuntu] Libreoffice stops my computer in its tracks…

Forum Forums General Other Distros [Kubuntu] Libreoffice stops my computer in its tracks…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by fatmac Aug 9-2:16 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sadshark [p.n.2001]
    Sadshark [p.n.2001]

Hi all.

So I’ve been having this consistent problem with my Kubuntu 18.04 desktop where the computer will go into suspend mode and never come out of it.

I started this thread on askubuntu a few weeks ago because I was thinking that a problem I’ve been having with resuming my computer from suspend mode was as a result of my power saving settings. However now I know for sure that this is not the case, as I thought that I had “fixed” the problem last week, and everything was working fine until I opened up libreoffice again today.

Now that I think about it, every single time the computer screen remains blank instead of resuming from suspend mode I’ve been running libreoffice. I also don’t use the program every day, explaining why it has been an intermittent issue.

What should I do about this? I can’t just not use libreoffice, I’m a college student. I’m running Kubuntu 18.04 and have been updating regularly every week or so.

Running Antix 17 on my Compaq Mini 110c-1100
    On my desktop running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
    The antinatalist antifascist childfree vegan mini-manifesto
    Bertolt Brecht's beautiful poem, the Unconquerable Inscription.

jdmeaux1952
    jdmeaux1952

Since this is the Antix distro forum and not Kubuntu, I’m not sure who can help. It could be something that Kubuntu did (Ubuntu is good for doing changes within its own distro), OR it could be something that LibreOffice has done. IMHO I would concentrate of the forums for LO asking if someone else had a similar problem.

The Kernel has my back covered.
    AMD desktop FX-8320 ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 nVidia GeForce 730 GT 8 Gb memory
    MSI laptop S6000 i5-460M 4 Gb ram

A great mind is something to get terribly wasted.
    LRU# 563815

fatmac
    fatmac

Maybe set LO to auto save & close the program before suspending(?).

Others may have ideas over on Linux Questions Forums.
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.