Latest IceWM 1.8.1 available

Forum Forums News Announcements Latest IceWM 1.8.1 available

• This topic has 50 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated Sep 16-10:24 am by anticapitalista.
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Hi Olstyn,
    please go to control center, hardware mouse, and change threshold value to say 25 pixel, (standard seems to be 0).
    That might be too high or too low for you.

It does mitigate the Space copy paste issue for me as slight mouse movement no longer triggers the action.

olsztyn
    Helpful
    Up

please go to control center, hardware mouse, and change threshold value to say 25 pixel,

I will be playing with various settings but so far no success for me…
    Again, if it works for most users I can live with this…
    Thanks and Regards…

olsztyn
    Helpful
    Up

Hallo Olstyn, actualy you do have a choice, just Ice

Thanks. As I reported a few times by now, straight IceWM does not resolve the primary issue. With right mouse drag the expected menu does not appear. On straight Fluxbox such expected menu does appear, as noted before.
    The secondary issue – the hand holding doc, which originates from Space does not occur anymore.
    Thanks again…

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

The main menu will come up if you press Ctrl+Esc also.

From preferences:
    KeySysMenu=”Ctrl+Esc”

olsztyn
    Helpful
    Up

The main menu will come up if you press Ctrl+Esc also.

Yes. Understood. The menu also comes up when I click on left bottom corner ‘Start Icon’. Or just if I right click on desktop with keeping mouse pointer steady in place. There are options. I can live with this. I was looking for perfection of IceWM to display menu even when mouse pointer slightly moves on desktop, which works fine with Fluxbox and others.
    There are many IceWM settings that I tried. So far nothing seems to resolve this but again this issue is just a small annoyance and nothing critical. I can live with it in absence of solution. It it not worth wasting time of our antiX team as solution is so elusive.
    Thanks again and best regards.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

IceWM 1.8.2 sent to main repos so all users should get the upgrade soon.
    Thanks to all testers.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.