LegacyOS 2023 x64 Released based on antiX

Forum Forums antiX-development antiX Respins LegacyOS 2023 x64 Released based on antiX

• This topic has 18 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated Mar 5-6:26 am by RJP.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    BobC

Yes, I got it downloaded and running, too.

I like your aisleriot and mahjongg setups.

On preferred applications, I noticed no default email client is appointed, but Thunderbird looks to be installed.

Also, Rox-filer came up when I clicked the file manager icon on the toolbar. I expected pcmanfm, but I’m not a big fan of it myself. I was happy to see zzzfm and the icewm alone desktop, as I usually put the icons for the programs I use on the toolbar rather than running the desktops.

Conky was saying over 400mb in use, so I checked the memory footprint with htop. Conky’s number was way high (was really around 220mb), but volumeicon was taking more than I expected. My time was way off, too, and I probably need to change it to local because my machines all have Windows origins.

I didn’t notice any bugs, so that’s pretty good. 🙂

RJP

Some disadvantages compairing with antiX:

1. antiX apps does not install and update if antix-repo is not enabled.
        2. package zeitgeist is good to remove, because it may not so good for privacy.
        3. There is candy icon size error when installing updates.

Some advantages in LegacyOS

1. Lot of programs installed out of box
        2. Runs fast and is almost pure antiX after enabling antix-repo (/etc/apt/sources.list.d/antix.list).

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by RJP.
        • This reply was modified 12 months ago by Brian Masinick. Reason: typo LegacuOS changed to LegacyOS
        Colonel Panic

I’ve just bought a new (for me) computer and LegacyOS is a good fit for it; I’m posting from it now. So thanks John for all your hard work (you might remember me from the Puppy Linux forum).

One thing I’ve added though is the IceWMcc-antix package, because I wanted some more workspaces and couldn’t see any easy way to add them as it stood.

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by Colonel Panic.
          RJP

The problem with candy icons is related that point that it is not found in the package management, so that user is easier to handle that package, John should make a deb-package from candy icons.

http://wiki.debian.org/HowToPackageForDebian

#############

Edit: typo corrected.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.