While working together with other here to get autostart working I installed latest LO from backports, mainly so BobC
would have same base setup as my system.
Previously I had been installing from Libreoffice Org because the group had tested LO 7
Beta versions and I just updated from there, most users were to be moved to the Backports Version.
That is at present on hold as I was unable to get extensions running due to difficultys with the Java
runtime causing obscure install errors.
This has never occurred with the LO Org downloaded version, I purged the backports version, downloaded
latest version, installed base and language packs with dpkg, and after setting menu entrys set to show (for some
reason they were hidden) my extensions were immediately correctly installable and shown in the Extension Manager.
The most important one to me being Language tool, German grammar is death to migrants like me so I really need all
the help I can get.
I have oracle java in /opt/oracle_java/jre1.8.0_241
Link to /opt/oracle_java/java_latest/bin points to above.