Light weight screenshot and annotate combo

Forum Forums antiX-development Graphics Light weight screenshot and annotate combo

• This topic has 292 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated Jun 21-5:11 am by BobC.
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    BobC
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Skidoo, See if this is more to your liking…

The only one I didn’t do was the exit routine. I simplified the exit routine to avoid duplicating the cleanup code, but didn’t try a function.

Other than that, I found ways to address all the problems you found.

skidoo
    Helpful
    Up

At line608:
    exec “$0”
    might be preferable, compared to using
    $0 &
    ______

To assess the significance of (the need for) atexit cleanup, we can run the script a few times, snap some screenshots… and xkill or click titlebar X icon each time. It’s a game, see how many MB of stranded tmpfiles we can rack up in 5 3 minutes.

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

I will give it a try, thanks for looking again 🙂

ile
    Helpful
    Up

Hello BobC and everyone
    Mechanical.
    Acquire focus Press_Enter
    is first Dialog OK. Changes alt+o to alt+o +Enter, having multiple OK.
    (?) Keyboarder [shift, anti] tabbing (?) preference (?)
    result is Press_Enter to proceed.

Testers of Screenshot flooding screenshots to the screenshots forum.
    sample antixscreenshotster11. s,h as zip

ile
    Helpful
    Up

Hello BobC and everyone
    A toggle for scrot option b
    checkbox wm

share antixscreenshotster11wm. s,h as zip

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

Ile, It is hard to understand your comments. I know you don’t like the -b scrot option, but I have asked a few times for you to tell me when and where it causes problems. I only am using it when taking a screenshot of a window, not full screen or cursor select. I don’t want to ask the user if I should use -b or not. Most users will not know what “wm decor” means. We should try to keep it as simple as we can, an make the defaults work almost everywhere.

Please write in complete sentences and use google translate to convert to english if necessary.

I don’t understand what you want here:

Mechanical.
    Acquire focus Press_Enter
    is first Dialog OK. Changes alt+o to alt+o +Enter, having multiple OK.
    (?) Keyboarder [shift, anti] tabbing (?) preference (?)
    result is Press_Enter to proceed.

Testers of Screenshot flooding screenshots to the screenshots forum.
    BobC
    Helpful
    Up

I fixed the problem Skidoo found at 608 and added better error reporting if/when the IMGUR upload fails because it sometimes just doesn’t work, but reports no error, and then you find out it didn’t work because the browser window where you would have expected it to open from the Web never appears.

I suspect it might be due to using the default API key and am thinking of registering one for use by antiX?

There were no changes to the screens this time…

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I manually changed line 608 to exec “$0” and the program worked cleanly. Looks like it’s getting close to completion. Nice work.

Brian Masinick

ile
    Helpful
    Up

Hello BobC
    The reason for the OK button?, You asked.
    The answer = Press_Enter .

Works well with Your saved values, config. pre-populated versions.

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

Ile, Thanks for trying it and explaining.

I’m happy nobody found any major issues.

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Hello BobC
    The reason for the OK button?, You asked.
    The answer = Press_Enter .

Works well with Your saved values, config. pre-populated versions.

I agree.

Brian Masinick

ile
    Helpful
    Up

Hello BobC and everyone
    The – – note option with a text input.

antixscreenshotgenNOTExtryinput. s,h as zip

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

Any inputs on whether pre-adding a text note to the screenshots is a feature that is wanted? Brian? Moditt? anti? others?

I can add it if people would use it.

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I have to be honest; it won’t be a tool that I use often, though I’ve been more than happy to try it out – and it has been working well, especially the most recent update. So I’m probably not a person to ask regarding features. An optional capability to add a short (40 character or less) quick note might be handy, but again, optional, and only if others think it would be likely to be used.

Otherwise, any quick, short, consise documentation, accessible from a Help pulldown or a text, or HTML available with the software is the only other thing I can think of, didn’t check closely to see if it’s there or not. If all of this is done, I’d say the job is done; great work.

Brian Masinick

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

What would be a good example of an antiX or MX or other distro program with help you like?

anticapitalista has said, and I know I’m guilty of this at times, too, that nobody reads the documentation anyway. I would bet many of them would be more willing to watch a 5 or 10 minute “HOW TO” video when they were stuck, especially if it was translated for them than read a page of stuff. That was why I was trying to make a how to video rather than type text that 90 people would then need to translate and nobody would read 🙂 Maybe a short paragraph to say what a screenshot is and a link to a video would suffice?

I’m just kidding there, but am open to suggestion. I want people to be happy and not frustrated or confused by things I work on.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.