Light weight screenshot and annotate combo

Forum Forums antiX-development Graphics Light weight screenshot and annotate combo

• This topic has 313 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated Jul 14-3:17 am by Koo.
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 313 total)
  • Author
    BobC
    Helpful
    Up

Yes, Brian, you and I think much alike…

Xecure and Skidoo, you guys are the pros at this question…

How can I change my fc-list command on the last line to instead grep for each of the words DejaVu Sans Mono 9 leaving out the 9 because its a number, and keep the last list with a matching result, then sort it and take the last match? I think that will get me a filename for a default. I would make the default size 24 and call it a day. If the user changes it, it would save their changes and they would be on their own.

PS: similar exercise for the GTK2 value if the GTK3 one comes up empty…

$ DEFAULT_FONT="$(grep "^gtk-font-name" "$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/gtk-3.0/settings.ini" | cut -d"=" -f2)"
    bobc@XPS15-7559:~/bin
    $ echo $DEFAULT_FONT
    DejaVu Sans Mono 9
    bobc@XPS15-7559:~/bin
    $ fc-list | cut -d":" -f1 | grep "DejaVu" | grep "Sans" | grep "Mono" | sort | tail -n 1
    /usr/share/fonts/truetype/dejavu/DejaVuSansMono.ttf

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by BobC.
    ile
    Helpful
    Up

example
    Look into msttcorefonts; You will see that usable links are created to give file names that contain no hyphen or underscore.
    example

[June 15] antixscreenshotsterscr version note is testing LiberationMono-Regular.

skidoo
    Helpful
    Up

to remove preceding space character and digits and dot (font size may be “10.5”) from end of line
    sed 's/ [0-9.]\+$//'

ile
    Helpful
    Up

when trialing /usr/share/fonts/truetype/dejavu/DejaVuSansMono.ttf the “javu/DejaVuSansMono.ttf” became part of the file_name. SO BobC, stay away from whatever font name caused you ten hours of failure? /dejavu or you’ll get dejavu. /d

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

I think I’ll just remove the note function from the screen.

I could easily make it an invisible option that you can setup in your conf file if you want it, but it would be your responsibility to enter all that stuff and the text correctly.

That way normal people wouldn’t crash due to screwing up entering something wrong or invalid, and GEEKS like ile could have their CAKE.

Deciders, please tell me if that’s going to be good enough?

ile
    Helpful
    Up

no half measure for You? remove the font selection entry box and fix the font is not a solution? “fix” meaning assign.

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I think I’ll just remove the note function from the screen.

I could easily make it an invisible option that you can setup in your conf file if you want it, but it would be your responsibility to enter all that stuff and the text correctly.

That way normal people wouldn’t crash due to screwing up entering something wrong or invalid, and GEEKS like ile could have their CAKE.

Deciders, please tell me if that’s going to be good enough?

I’m not one of the “Deciders”, but I like the idea; hackers can hack away and modify your code, since it is a script. Those unfamiliar with coding and tweaking can optionally use it, and if it becomes a standard tool, they can definitely use it. Still, hackers can make a copy of the code and do whatever they want with it or to it in their own custom, personal directories.

Brian Masinick

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

No, they wouldn’t need to change the code, they would just need to just update the variables in the ~/.config/antixscreenshot-DIALOG.conf file and it will “just work” no different than if the values had been on the screen as long as they have the font and don’t goof up the syntax, etc. The system will still even enter the defaults for them. The system will default ADDNOTE to “false”, and when they change it to “true” the notes will start appearing:

ADDNOTE="true"
    NOTEDATED="true"
    NOTEFONT="/usr/share/fonts/truetype/dejavu/DejaVuSans/24"
    NOTETEXT="Taken by antiXscreenshot"
    NOTEXYPOS="-x 10 -y 20"

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by BobC.
    ile
    Helpful
    Up

hello everyone

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

Yes, ile, that’s how it works…

Ok, I did what I was suggesting, so notes are an invisible option, but documented in the help. I also took the notes frame that I removed and added it as comments at the end of the program in case anyone wants the fields on the dialog screen.

I also added a separate “Save and Open folder in a new window with SpaceFM” option on the Actions menu and reverted the generic file manager open folder code

Let me know if there are any problems. I don’t plan to add any features unless someone comes up with a bulletproof way to handle the notes font, in which case it would be easy to add the notes option back again.

ile
    Helpful
    Up

default wrap is at 30. wow 75. Like me wondering how long is a username.
    Your creation is a beautiful thing.
    Thanks BobC.

mtpaint -s cannot control screenshot capture quality.
    Screenshot scrot can control the quality of capture. (and “note” watermark that mtpaint -s cannot perform. and p and b that mtpaint -s does not perform.)
    mtpaint can do everything else.

Screenshot cannot import images for upload to imgur.
    mtpaint and mirage can import images for upload to imgur.
    So can the “Save and Upload to IMGUR” and “IMGUR API Client Id” be neighbors residing at mtpaint and mirage Actions? not in Screenshot.

ile
    Helpful
    Up

[0619b]
    Hello everyone
    Ignore this is incorrect i cannot remove the image is not the correct code. No & in mtpaint please.

The Action Dialog Open in libreoffice
    with a & after the command
    the ActionDialog appears with the libreoffice window.

consistent
    The others do the same thing without &.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by ile.
    BobC
    Helpful
    Up

mtpaint -s cannot control screenshot capture quality.
    Screenshot scrot can control the quality of capture. (and “note” watermark that mtpaint -s cannot perform. and p and b that mtpaint -s does not perform.)
    mtpaint can do everything else.

In my code, scrot is adjusting quality with variable QQC, which came from you. As far as I know, mtpaint isn’t doing that. If the code is doing something wrong, please try to explain.

Screenshot cannot import images for upload to imgur.
    mtpaint and mirage can import images for upload to imgur.
    So can the “Save and Upload to IMGUR” and “IMGUR API Client Id” be neighbors residing at mtpaint and mirage Actions? not in Screenshot.

I suppose it could have a file import selection dialog.

My preference would be wise to get this tested, working and into production, first. There can always be a better version another day.

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

[0619b]
    The Action Dialog Open in mtpaint
    putting & at the end of the lines is a different behavior than with no &.

The Action Dialog Open in libreoffice
    with a & after the command
    the ActionDialog appears with the libreoffice window.

consistent
    The others do the same thing without &.

Please explain why you would rather it ran in background. Maybe others have an opinion as well…

ile
    Helpful
    Up

Hello BobC
    For the cycling of the Action Dialog I did not remember what You wanted for the timing of its appearance presentation. Your intent could be to apply individually, but the script shows no special handling to make a difference; so I assumed they were all to function the same. More were opening the ActionDialog than not. some of the mtpaint changes are not about the Dialog timing. If different is not wrong, then pardon me; i will consider more your intent when i test function.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 313 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.