(solved) Lightweight resources monitor

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions (solved) Lightweight resources monitor

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by andfree Feb 13-10:46 pm.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

andfree

From the Tips for Improving Performance on Ancient Kit topic:

Monitor the way in which your system uses its resources. Conky can be useful, but note it takes a small amount of RAM and is usually covered by other windows so is not easily seen. Try the CPU and network monitors in the taskbar of IceWM as alternatives that are always on view.

There are no monitors in the taskbar of my min-IceWM desktop. What can I do so as to be able to use such lightweight alternatives instead of Conky?

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by andfree.

BobC

if you go edit ~/.icewm/preferences you will find a section called taskbar settings where =0 means don’t show that option and =1 means show it. Make a backup copy first just to be safe and then try turning them on. I think it will take effect if you restart IceWM, but if not, try logging out and back in again.

andfree

if you go edit ~/.icewm/preferences you will find a section called taskbar settings where =0 means don’t show that option and =1 means show it. Make a backup copy first just to be safe and then try turning them on. I think it will take effect if you restart IceWM, but if not, try logging out and back in again.

Thank you. It worked for min-IceWM, too. I modified the relevant lines of taskbar settings this way:

TaskBarShowMEMStatus=1
    TaskBarShowCPUStatus=1
    TaskBarShowNetStatus=1
    NetworkStatusDevice="ppp0 wlan0"

It took effect after restarting the session.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.