List of antiX programs that are yet to be translated

Forum Forums antiX-development Translations List of antiX programs that are yet to be translated

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated May 6-10:56 pm by marcelocripe.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    marcelocripe

Hi guys,

Following the same objectives of the topic “Package Installer” only in English?, initiated by Wallon. I start this topic with the aim of paying attention to other programs that also deserve attention and translation, especially programs that are used in the new version of antiX 21, but also for programs that can still be used in antiX 19. X thus allowing these to be translated for the benefit of several people. This is an initial list, I believe that we can track other antiX programs that are missing translations and that can be uploaded to the transifex website:

antiX-Mountbox
    Other Desktops
    Date and Time or set_time-and_date or
    Format USB
    Snapshot
    Connectshares Config
    Connectshares
    Disconnectshares
    Menu Manager
    PC Info or inxi-gui
    Run
    Screenlight
    Select Default ALSA CArd or Sound_Card
    Speaker Test
    Streamlight-gui-launcher

Note: I am not talking about menus here, I am talking about application programs or graphical user interfaces – GUI that are not translated and that are not on the transifex website.

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

———-

Olá caros,

Seguindo os mesmos objetivos do tópico “Package Installer” only in English?, iniciado pelo Wallon. Eu inicio este tópico com o objetivo de nos atentarmos aos outros programas que também merecem atenção e tradução, em especial os programas que forem utilizados na nova versão do antiX 21, mas, também, para os programas que ainda possam se utilizados no antiX 19.X permitindo assim que estes sejam traduzidos em benefício de várias pessoas. Esta é uma lista inicial, eu acredito que possamos rastrear outros programas do antiX que faltam traduções e que possam ser enviados para o site transifex:

antiX-Mountbox
    Other Desktops
    Date and Time ou set_time-and_date ou
    Format USB
    Snapshot
    Connectshares Config
    Connectshares
    Disconnectshares
    Menu Manager
    PC Info ou inxi-gui
    Run
    Screenlight
    Select Default ALSA CArd ou Sound_Card
    Speaker Test
    Streamlight-gui-launcher

Observação: Eu não estou falando aqui dos menus, estou falando do programas aplicativos ou das interfaces gráficas do usuário – GUI que não estão traduzidas e que não estejam no site transifex.

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em idioma Português do Brasil)

Robin
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Thanks @marcelocripe for bringing up this problem here. I appreciate this as a good idea, to accumulate all missing translations found in antiX in one place. So I’ll just continue the listing. The following findings come from antiX 19.3, most recently updated, but with xserver-xorg-core pinned to version 2:1.19.2-1+deb9u5 due to nvidia 304 legacy driver, which shouldn’t make any difference here. I’ve noticed that antiX 17.4.1 was much more complete translated in general.

spaceFM (some translations missing)
    man live-usb-maker (manual completely untranslated)
    live-usb-maker –help (help page completely untranslated))
    man live-kernel-updater (manual completely untranslated)
    live-kernel-updater –help (help page completely untranslated))
    man live-usb-maker (manual completely untranslated)
    live-usb-maker –help (help page completely untranslated))
    antix-wifi-switch (untranslated)
    autoscale-antix (untranslated)
    antiX-cli-cc (manual completely untranslated)
    MtPaint (some translations missing)
    ROXterm (untranslated)
    qpdfview (untranslated)
    mirage (untranslated)
    searchmonkey (untranslated)
    unplugdrive (untranslated)
    libreoffice (by default untranslated, needs additional translation packages (l10n) installed)

That’s it for now.
    Robin

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Robin.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Robin. Reason: added items to list
    marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks, @Robin for supporting the list.

About the ‘antix-wifi-switch’, Xecure informed me the URL https://gitlab.com/nXecure/antix-wifi-switch/-/tree/master/locale, for now it is the place where we can collaborate with translations of this important antiX program. Maybe one day it will be included on the transifex website. GitLab I was unable to operate with ease, I found it very difficult to use this website.

We already have an important @Spartak77 initiative on the topic: https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/further-documentation-maybe-useful-in-the-home-faq-the-installation-steps/

It is not a program, but it can also be added to the list:

Help (/usr/share/antiX/FAQ/index.html) – are several files in html.

marcelocripe

———-

Obrigado, @Robin por colaborar com a lista.

Sobre o ‘antix-wifi-switch”, o Xecure me informou a URL https://gitlab.com/nXecure/antix-wifi-switch/-/tree/master/locale, por enquanto é o local onde podemos colaborar com as traduções deste importante programa do antiX. Quem sabe um dia será incluído no site transifex. O GitLab eu não consegui operar com facilidades, eu achei muito complicado utilizar este site.

Já temos uma importante iniciativa do @Spartak77, no tópico: https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/further-documentation-maybe-useful-in-the-home-faq-the-installation-steps/

Não é um programa, mas também pode ser adicionado à lista:

Help (/usr/share/antiX/FAQ/index.html) – são vários arquivos em html.

marcelocripe

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

App Select

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

The help texts for the F1 key option in the antiX boot menu of a USB device that are executable/Live USB or on DVD are missing.

———-

Faltam os textos de ajuda da opção da tecla F1 do menu de inicialização do antiX de um dispositivo USB Executável/”Live USB” ou em DVD.

PPC
    Helpful
    Up

The help texts for the F1 key option in the antiX boot menu of a USB device that are executable/Live USB or on DVD are missing.

Sorry, Marcelo – I’m not sure those can be translated… After all the “press F1 for help” message is fixed and does not translate when we use F2 to select a new language… But nice catch, I never noticed that before… I hope there’s a way to translate that text too…

Tenho pena, Marcelo- não tenho a certeza que isso pode ser traduzido… Afinal a mensagem “press F1 for help” não se altera nem é traduzida quando usamos F2 para escolher outra língua… Mas bem notado, eu nunca tinha reparado nisso antes. Espero que haja maneira de localizar isso também…

P.

skidoo
    Helpful
    Up

The help texts for the F1 key option in the antiX boot menu

I studied this a while back and did not arrive at a clear understanding.

We can see, and can merge request changes to, the in-English F1 paginated help text(s) here:
    https://gitlab.com/antiX-Linux/antiX-Gfxboot/-/blob/master/Help/antiX/en.html

The name (en.html) implies that other, localized, helptexts could be introduced.

Apparently, the “gfxboot” program would be installed on a distro curator’s system.
    The curator would place sibling NN.html files in the project directory alongside en.html,
    then issue a command ala “gfxboot –add-languages NN OO PP”.
    IIRC, the output is a cpio archivefile, to be placed among the set of files which will be bundled within the initrd.gz

To simulate what the result will look like, how it will render, under grub or under isolinux or under syslinux… a curator runs a separate utility program, “gfxtest”.

The “maker” documentation provided for gfxboot is sparse, and the version of gfxboot used in antiX is very old (like, a decade or more, compared to the same-named “gfxboot” version maintained by opensuse). Even if translated NN.html files are submitted, I am not confident that the “old” version provides the necessary font resources to render a wide gamut of font glyphs. To wit: several of the opensuse changecommits across recent years have been toward providing expanded font coverage.

the “press F1 for help” message is fixed and does not translate when we use F2 to select a new language

I was not aware of that, and am quite surprised to read that detail. Now I’m left wondering whether the “gfxboot –add-languages NN OO PP” detail which I had found in the maker docs only merges the .po files.

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

I would like to start by thanking the anti-capitalist for making available in this week’s update, the translation of the inxi-gui. I can already read in the GUI the texts en-BR that I inserted in the transifex for this program.

Hello PPC and Skidoo, I thank you for participating in this topic.

I propose that we deal with each program that does not have a specific translation, in a separate topic, similar to what happened in the topic “Package Installer” only in English ?. In this way, we can use this topic to list the antiX programs that have not yet been translated and to inform the programs that started receiving the translations. What do you think of this suggestion?

Skidoo, you understood perfectly what text I was referring to, thank you for informing me of the URL of the file “en.html”. When it is possible to implement the translations in this option “press F1 for help” I will be happy to collaborate with what I can do.

Grateful.
    marcelocripe

———-

Eu gostaria de iniciar agradecendo ao anticapitalista por disponibilizar na atualização desta semana, a tradução do inxi-gui. Eu já posso ler na GUI os textos pt-BR que inseri no transifex para este programa.

Olá PPC e Skidoo, eu agradeço por participarem deste tópico.

Proponho, tratarmos de cada programa que não possui tradução de forma específica, em um tópico separado, semelhante ao que aconteceu no tópico “Package Installer” only in English?. Desta forma, poderemos utilizar este tópico para listarmos os programas do antiX que ainda não foram traduzidos e informar os programas que passaram a receber as traduções. O que vocês acham desta sugestão?

Skidoo, você entendeu perfeitamente de qual texto eu me referi, agradeço por me informar a URL do arquivo “en.html”. Quando for possível implementar as traduções nesta opção “press F1 for help” eu terei prazer em colaborar com o que eu consigo fazer.

Grato.
    marcelocripe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.