List of packages maintained by antiX

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions List of packages maintained by antiX

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Oct 10-6:48 pm by BobC.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    blur13

Hi!

The other day I read that the feh image viewer package in debian buster was horribly out of date and proceeded to compile it from source, only to realize afterwards that the feh package in antiX was up to date. Is there any way to tell which packages are maintained by antiX from the system itself, or is there a list available somewhere?

thanks!

BobC
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

antiX maintained packages are in the antiX repos. There are also MX packages in available as well, but I’d suggest asking if one of those would work with antiX.

The antiX versions come with, or will install those antiX versions of packages by default.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

I also enjoy seeing the antiX provided packages. I even created an apt hook to make it easier for me to differentiate them from the ones from other sources.

With that hook in place, after sudo apt update, I can see all packages from antiX repos with
    apt list | grep antix
    which will show ALL the new packages available in the antix repos (and their version).
    If an antiX package is older than the one in Debian, it should not show in the list, so you will see all unique and more updated packages the antiX repos provide.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

blur13
    Helpful
    Up

Hi Xecure!

That sounds interesting, I’ll try creating such an apt hook.

More generally, how do I check all the packages available in a repo?

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

If you do this in terminal:
    sudo apt-get update -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist="sources.list.d/antix.list" -o Dir::Etc::sourceparts="-" -o APT::Get::List-Cleanup="1"
    You can then open synaptic and it will only show packages available from the antiX repo (and installed packages, from whatever place).

I discovered this feature of apt when investigating for an app, and it is very effective.

When you are finished, remember to sudo apt update to restore the normal package-lists, so that you can again install packages from Debian and other sources.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

See screenshot. I use mc but any file manager would work

Sorry, Xecure beat me to the Submit button. I guess there can be multiple ways to skin a cat.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by BobC.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.