Live architecture of antiX can be applied to other Linux distros

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-19 “Marielle Franco, Hannie Schaft, Manolis Glezos” Live architecture of antiX can be applied to other Linux distros

Tagged: 

• This topic has 40 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated Feb 27-7:45 pm by Dzhigit.
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    skidooskidoo

That exact (python-xdg) error has been discussed here in the forum, and as far as I know has been fixed in later versions, so… I suspect the antiX -provided utility packages installed on the affected 19.3 system are not the latest (fixed) versions.

I suspect the antiX -provided utility packages installed on the affected 19.3 system are not the latest (fixed) versions.

I am using unstable/sid/ceres repos. desktop-menu-antix is version 0.1.1

When I run with –no-icons, all of the errors go away except for “Unable to to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused”, which is shown twice.

skidooskidoo

v— seems to be for an unrelated issue [so removed, to avoid further confusion]

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by skidoo.

The solution you posted seems to be for an unrelated issue. Currently, I am getting these errors from desktop-menu and desktop-defaults-run.

My mistake, I uploaded the screenshot with desktop-defaults-run running as root. But when it is run as user demo, I have the same error.

EDIT: Actually, it is different

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Dzhigit.
    Forum Admin
    DaveDave

Oh excellent, thank you for the testing using net/core.
    The desktop-menu script not finding the icons is likely because gtk3 is not available.
    apt install python3-gi libgtk-3-0 libgtk-3-common

The desktop-defaults-run error is because there is no desktop code available ($DESKTOP_CODE or ~/.desktop-session/desktop-code.[0-9])
    A more graceful error should be made for this.

There also appears to be no valid X display running. The programs should probably bow out right away if this is the case…
    I am guessing this is because you are trying (wanting?) to run programs sand boxed in a qemu environment.
    What is the output of the command “env”?

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

I already installed those python gtk packages manually due to past experience.

I don’t know how, but suddenly, desktop-menu is now working perfectly. The desktop-defaults-run error disappeared, but it still just prints the name of the program and doesn’t actually launch it.

well after looking at the desktop-defaults-run script, I figured it out. please add gksu as a dependency of desktop-defaults-antix.

Glad that it works – I’ll upload it to our repos.

Okay, I think I have spoken too soon. Ever since installing your iwd, somehow Wi-Fi works but it loses connection, and I have to restart the iwd service every few hours. And, scanning does not work in connman.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.