[solved] LiveUSB fails to boot – does not find "label UUI"

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions [solved] LiveUSB fails to boot – does not find "label UUI"

Tagged: 

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Aug 14-3:46 am by yag.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Good morning,

I use a DELL latitude 7490 (ie a fairly recent computer). I want to use Antix only as LiveUSB (never modify the HDD itself)

I managed to install on an old 8GB USB key Antix 17.3.1, with persistence.
    However I plan to use it rather on another Sandisk 32GB key which is much larger and supposedly faster.

So as per the videos/FAQ, I boot on the first key, use Remaster to install a few things (LibreOffice, Chromium), and use “Live USB Maker” to clone the existing live system onto the bigger key (also with the Encrypt option).

Everything seems to work well to format the key and install. Except that when I try to boot from the new USB key, I get an error message just after the splash screen: it fails to find a partition with the label UUI (see screenshot). Any advice ?

The old USB key still works fine (except it’s not encrypted). I’m actually writing this on my company laptop using that smaller USB.

• This topic was modified 4 months ago by yag.
    XecureXecure

Hi, yag.

It seems that for some reason an extra boot option was added
    blab=UUI

If you are booting in a UEFI device and are able to get to the “boot selection” screen, hit the “e” key and modify the boot parameters

Either delete the blab=UUI entry or change it to the suggested
    blab=antiX-Live-usb

Then hit F10 to boot with those boot parameters.

If you are not even able to reach that screen, then maybe you have to change the boot parameters some other way.

Welcome to the antiX Forums!

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Xecure. Reason: Fixing a code quote

Indeed, many thanks.
    I have no clue where this blab=UUI came from.

Now I can boot, use the root & home persistence, and will start my journey to build up my linux skills 🙂
    First challenge: understand where the UEFI boot parameters are saved, and edit them so I don’t have to manually remove this **blab=UUI** every time.

XecureXecure

Now I can boot, use the root & home persistence, and will start my journey to build up my linux skills 🙂

That is fantastic!

First challenge: understand where the UEFI boot parameters are saved, and edit them so I don’t have to manually remove this **blab=UUI** every time.

I am not sure where these are, and there is no clue in the FAQ.
    I suggest trying to modify /live/boot-dev/boot/grub/grub.cfg
    there you should be able to find it and modify the boot parameters for your custom persistence.

If this doesn’t work, then report back and maybe someone else can guide you in the right direction.

I suggest trying to modify /live/boot-dev/boot/grub/grub.cfg
    there you should be able to find it and modify the boot parameters for your custom persistence.

Found the file on the USB UEFI partition, and I edited it. Yes it works, thanks again Xecure !

I’ ll continue playing around to try to turn this USB key into my own portable laptop. I have already have tons of questions, hopefully I’ll be able to answer some of them with the FAQ/doc by myself 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.