Login from TTY

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Login from TTY

• This topic has 31 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Feb 9-2:43 am by olsztyn.
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    olsztyn

So in fact I have both Openbox/LXpanel desktop and Enlightenment desktop (In a window) on the same screen at the same time!

Update in result of further testing:
      As in case of Openbox desktop and Enlightenment desktop on the same screen I tested the same for IceWM, JWM and Herbstluftwm desktops coexisting with Enlightenment desktop on the same screen as well.
      I am attaching below snapshots:
      – Openbox desktop and Enlightment coexisting on the same screen
      – Screenshot for the similar coexistence of IceWM and Enlightenment desktop. The same applies for JWM and Herbstluftwm, where on Herbstluftwm screen is split in half – one half for Herbstluftwm and the other half for Enlightenment desktop, where all desktop items seem fully functional, starting apps in tile fashion rather than in windows.
      I am still trying to make pairs of IceWM and JWM coexist on the same screen.
      Snapshots attached:

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
      http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

olsztyn

Update 2:
        Sorry, for some reason being in Herbstluftwm session I could not figure out how to add the screenshot of Herbstluftwm desktop coexisting nicely with Enlightenment desktop on the same screen.
        I am attaching such screenshot below.
        I am not familiar yet with Herbstluftwm enough (I am more familiar with DWM) to figure out how to make tiles split vertically instead of horizontally, in spite of reading the help screen…
        However I do start to like Herbstluftwm a lot (as I did like DWM) and this seamless synergy between Herbstluftwm and Enlightenment, where it appears to combine operational methodology of both desktops on one screen just intrigues me…
        Just to note, if I missed to mention before, I am on antiX 23.1 (specifically antiX 23 fully updated to antiX 23.1 level), runit, Full.
        Screenshot of Herbstluftwm desktop and Enlightenment desktop merged together follows…
        Just as I mentioned before, apps clicked in the Enlightenment desktop do open in tile fashion. I finally figured out how to arrange tiles in Herbstluftwm.
        Works very nicely with Enlightement as desktop controlling apps.
        Herbstluftwm grows on me every minute I work with it…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by olsztyn.
        • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by olsztyn.

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
        http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.