Lurkers – please post

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Lurkers – please post

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 65 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by DeepDayze Apr 9-8:28 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Lfever
    Lfever

Hi all, glad to be here.

Linux and Amateur Radio is a great marriage!

Amateur Radio Call: W3IE

bullfrog

hope i can get this to rrriibbitt! looking forward to this new edition.

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

Amok amok amok. Just me. Running amok around the forum. I like Halloween on the Mexican border. Day of the dead is fun and games here.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

tlaloc77
    tlaloc77

Ok, I’m here. Finally… Hope I found a new home (distribution), after some odyssey. Was looking for something with the least amount of systemd possible. (Last tried Funtoo, no fun after 3 days of fiddling. Downloaded antiX core, burned to a cd, booted… … … less than 30 minutes later I had a BEAUTIFUL running system on a HP 8730 laptop.

Started synaptic, searched for “systemd”: Only 2 packages have it in the desciption 😀 Phew. I hope this will hold and I don’t break it. 🙂

Oh by the way: I love the installer! Lean, does what’s needed, warns & asks for confirmation with clarifying info. Just as it should be 🙂 Only 1 minor thing: On the page where one must enter the passwords, there is a checkbox named “Autolog” – is that supposed to mean “Auto-login”? (Could be a thing with the German translation.)

And now for the Jukebox 🙂

My inxi -zv7, inxi -Fxs and inxi -r are here: https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/a-proper-hellp/#post-2981

ajpat3

Long time user and lurker. Always fun to jump through the hoops on this incredible distribution and forum. I made it here and want to thank everyone for their tireless work on antiX and this forum.
    Arthur

dbekema
    dbekema

Hi, I’m yet another happy new user. I just installed it on my +10 year old Pentium 4 with < 500 MB RAM. Even installing the printer was a piece of cake.
    Now I only need to find a browser that doesn’t eat all RAM and also renders everything correctly.

strobez2017
    strobez2017

Made it over the wall too.

Hello to all AntiX users!

Thanks to the team for building this and maintaining such a friendly community.

I’ve just installed 17 on my old EEE (701?), my Lenovo S100 and made a few USBs with persistence (while learning how to set up persistence). Next I am going to do a fresh install on an old 64-bit PC. My 64-bit laptop (relatively new and powerful) is going to have the AntiX 64-full treatment too (didn’t need to but after doing some updates on LMDE on my laptop, I can no longer login, so.. AntiX to the rescue..)

It’s a really amazing distro though. (I know you all know that). Everything seems to be two clicks away (literally). Providing a GUI frontend to access config files (that open up in your text editor) is a genius idea. It means you can poke around the system, but in an organized way. This is not something I’ve seen in other distros – Mint, Buntu, AV Linux etc (or maybe I just didn’t notice).

Also, the little apps (applets??), that AntiX provides are so perfect. As I do audio, the little app to change your default sound card is invaluable – as is the one to test your sound card. Not to mention the funky new pure CLI apps that have come with AntiX 17 – the cli version of Synaptic is great fun – includes recommendations through a star system (rating system). I ended up discovering the terminal guitar tab (and lyric) tool – great fun!

The thought I keep having is of how there must be so many people in the world in a similar situation to myself – able to afford a computer and your own home and internet connection etc. But not enough dosh to go out and buy an uptodate computer. This is where AntiX comes in. All those old computers – there must be millions. But even if I could afford a brand new computer I would still be going straight for Ax anyway.

My favourite new app I’ve discovered through AntiX is the Poor Man’s Radio Player (and the terminal based To Do app). Some apps just seem to work better in a terminal (they make more sense?). Re-discovered Soma FM through this – what a great service.

I could really waffle on and on (oh, I have already!!??) so I shall save my further thoughts for a another day..

Thanks again gentlemen and ladies

Steve (in autumnal, sunsetty South Wales, UK)

🙂

"Futh is stranger than triction"

Anonymous

Hello Everyone,

Confused I figured it out.
    Not once but twice I pressed that damn password reset button before I realized the shown password would enter.

Not quite used to the color scheme here yet although I figure I’ll get used to it.
    I guess since we had to register again it’s kinda like we get a brand new start which in my case is a good thing.

Well I will be looking through the new forum and see what I can find and perhaps learn.

The PoorGuy

mroot
    mroot

I’m in.

mroot

masinick
    masinick

Welcome mroot!

Brian Masinick

Ninho

Hello, Anti & Hello, You all ! I’m back from the old forum (well, the old-old one, it seems I skipped one interim forum :=)

Which BTW – do you have a full archive of the questions/answers at the OLD antix.freeforums.org FORUM accessible ? I’ve attempted to browse archived contents at the web archive (“wayback” machine), but that is far from complete :=(

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

Hello, Anti & Hello, You all ! I’m back from the old forum (well, the old-old one, it seems I skipped one interim forum :=)

Which BTW – do you have a full archive of the questions/answers at the OLD antix.freeforums.org FORUM accessible ? I’ve attempted to browse archived contents at the web archive (“wayback” machine), but that is far from complete :=(

Skidoo has been busting ass gathering info as a single download.

https://antix-skidoo.github.io/

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

chatan
    chatan

I’m here now….

Suggestion: On the old tapatalk forums – change the banner to indicate that “this the Old forum”, etc. I actually got confused briefly 🙂

Cheers

mark

Hello world. How do I post a new thread?

skidoo

On the old tapatalk forums – change the banner

? ? ?

shoe

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.