Making antiX work better on hi-res 4K video machines to avoid microscopic fonts

Forum Forums General Hardware Making antiX work better on hi-res 4K video machines to avoid microscopic fonts

• This topic has 65 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated Sep 20-6:54 am by Xecure.
Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks again BobC and Xecure. Your efforts are always valued and appreciated!

Brian Masinick

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

If neither $AFTER_SCALE_INFO and ~/.screenlayout/default.sh are found, and no scaling is found in ~/.Xresources, then the autoscale-antix will run again if the desktop-session is restarted.

I will test on a regular machine, one with 1 HiDPI which needs rescaled, and one with multi HiDPI with one needing rescaled that affects the position of the rest, tonight. I will test each result for each setup.

At least it will be readable long enough for them to see what to do, if they will allow it 🙂

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

If someone doesn’t like what it suggests, they need to fix it on their own, the same as it is now. On mine it suggested well. I will send it to anti.

Thanks for the nice code. I couldn’t figure out the timer. I made no changes.

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

Oh, I goofed.

One setup I didn’t think about, because I don’t have any running recently is a multi-display non-HiDPI system. The problem with those is that you need to arrange the screens via arandr and save the setup. For everything to be sensible, if we were just to create the folder for them if it doesn’t exist, and create an empty default.sh file, they could replace it when they arrange the screens and save the setup. That way, when autoscale-antix runs, it will find the file and setup their screens in their default arrangement, then exit. Would it need to do the restart after? We aren’t doing that now for HiDPI.

I will reboot to try it.. and then post the results…

Ok, that worked fine without the desktop-session restart and put the conky on the correct screen (my screens need to be reversed for the mouse to work right). Therefore, all we need do is move the code to create the folder if it doesn’t exist up near the top, and add the line to create the blank file and make it executable if no HiDPI screens are found near the bottom. From what I see, the only people that doesn’t cover for are ones with multiple virtual screens that need to be arranged.

I will now retest with this…

Ok, that worked. LOL, since you are the better coder here, I will post it for you to verify its ok.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by BobC.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by BobC.
    fladd
    Helpful
    Up

How is this script supposed to work? Calling it in a virtual machine doesn’t do anything.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

The script doesn’t scale on a VM, because it is taking into account real display dimensions (which the virtual display doesn’t have).
    It was created for real hardware and tested on real hardware. If there is demand for giving the same option on VM, we may try to implement it..

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.