Master PDF Editor Free version still available

Forum Forums General Software Master PDF Editor Free version still available

• This topic has 15 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Mar 2-7:08 am by Xunzi_23.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    ModdIt

Code industrys does not link the last really free version on its site but
      the application is still available. Download links below.
      Fortunate for those who are like me –poor rather than loaded…

http://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-4.3.89_qt5.amd64.deb
      http://code-industry.net/public/master-pdf-editor-4.3.89_i386.deb

Cost for a full MasterPdfEditor version as a private user
      80.34 EUR payment to code industrys. Transfer of card fees on top.

PDF is touted by much of german local government as the universal
      go to document format. I have to use it to edit and fill out weird active
      forms, maybe 5 or 6 times a year.
      Those documents are important but do not work correctly without windoze.
      Or above application.

Note: I do happily donate or purchase if I consider an application price is
      reasonable for my usage case.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by ModdIt.
      Rantanplan

Hi,

Foxit reader doesn’t allow to modify a pdf file.

But, it allows to complete forms.
        And, i don’t know if we can use Foxit Reader with antix 21 32 bit.
        And you, do you know it ?

Good evening.

Peace and friendship.

============en français=============
        Salut,

Foxit reader ne permet pas modifier un fichier pdf.
        Mais, il permet de compléter des formulaires.
        Et, je ne sais si on peut utiliser Foxit avec antiX 21 32 bit.
        Et toi, le sais-tu ?

Bonne soirée.

Paix et amitié.

Vive antiX !
        Vive le Groland !

PPC

modify a pdf file.

Best tools for that, under Linux are MasterPDF (available in Package Installer) or LibreOffice Draw (available by default it antiX full)- Draw works in 32bit, but I never tested MasterPDF. Like I said in a previos post, recent firefox versions (also available for 32bits) do allow users to enter info in pdf forms AND annotate pdf files, but not edit them.

I think foxit reader (also available for 32bits) only reads pdf files. Foxit pdf editor seems to be Windows only.

P.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by PPC.
          Rantanplan

PPC,

yes, LO Draw allows to modify pdf structure and it’s very easy and useful.

si, foxit reader reads only and allows to complete forms, to sign etc. I use theses functions at work.

With LibreOffice, you can create a pdf form. You must use the form mode of writer. But, you know that 🙂

PDF Editor exists for win, max, android and ios, not for linux 🙁

Best to you.

Vive antiX !
            Vive le Groland !

Rantanplan

Hi,

I’v seen that pdftk allows to generate fdf file to fill pdf forms with command line.
              See at http://www.linux.com/training-tutorials/manipulating-pdfs-pdf-toolkit/

I don’t know if antix repositores offer it.
              How much dependicies needed ?

Peace & friendship.

=========================français==================
              Salut,
              j’ai vu que pdftk permet de générer un fichier fdf pour remplir des formulaires pdf avec la ligne de commande.
              Voir à http://www.linux.com/training-tutorials/manipulating-pdfs-pdf-toolkit/

Je ne sais pas si les dépôts antix l’offrent.
              Combien de dépendances sont-elles nécessaires ?

Paix & amitié.

Vive antiX !
              Vive le Groland !

stevesr0

Hi Moddit,

I just looked at the MasterPDF downloads available. The downloadable version for Debian 9-11 listed is version 5.9.10-qt5.x86_64.deb. Separately, I see a box labelled “Buy full Version”.

Do you not have access in your locale to the 5.9.10 version, or is this downloadable version so crippled that it is unusable except as a demo?

stevesr0

ModdIt

Hi stevesr0, the 5.9.10 version of Master PDF Editor is available pretty much anywhere in the world.

Point is that version is functionaly highly limited and adds watwermarks to printed documents.

For the rest the free Version is still in my humble opinion the best available application on
                  linux for occasional usage.

For those who work a lot with PDF buying latest full version is probably the option of choice.

stevesr0

Hi Moddit,

I wasn’t sure about that. I thought I had used an “unregistered” version 5 in the past and didn’t recall a problem with watermarks.

Old age kicking in <g>…

stevesr0

ModdIt

Hi stevesr0, old age, both there.

I tried a new and unregistered version version some time ago and got the marked printout.

On the Code Industrys download page it does say

Would you like to try our products before you buy? The demo version allows you to try out
                      all the features. There are no limitations except for the addition of a watermark on the
                      output file.

stevesr0

Hi Moddit (wherever you are),

I downloaded the version you mentioned from the site you listed in your O.P.

Still works. (Although it turns out that the pdf I wanted to edit had forms that were not “interactive” an therefore a PITA, so I gave up.)

Only thing I did differently was to download from the HTTPS site (but still the 64 bit version).

Thanks again.

stevesr0

Robin

it turns out that the pdf I wanted to edit had forms that were not “interactive” an therefore a PITA, so I gave up.

You can use Xournal (sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install xournal) to fill in non interactive forms within pdf files, and export the filled in result to a new pdf file. Simply select needed font size, text tool, position the cursor to the desired position in field and start writing.
                          Please be aware there are two ways of saving the result: Xournal defaults to separate file (.xoj), which saves an overlay containing the added parts only, which can be used in Xournal only. But if you instead export (ctrl+E) the result to a new pdf file, it will create a default pdf, which you can open with any pdf reader.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

Xunzi_23

Hi stevesro,
                            masterpdfeditor can do pretty much anything with forms, create them change them, edit the underlying code,
                            is in general easy enough for general occasional usage..
                            If you point to a sample of the kind of form you had problems with or upload a page and describe your issue,
                            no personal details, just fantasy data. I am not an expert but can can take a look.
                            http://code-industry.net/masterpdfeditor-help/ is for new version but very helpful.
                            For anyone using the application intensively it may be advisable to purchase latest version which is improved.

In some less common cases interactive fields will need to be cleared and become static. Seems pretty much like
                            what Robin describes, just the tool is different.

olsztyn

Yes, the free version of Master PDF Editor is still available for download from the Code Industry website. As of 2023-10-26, the latest version is 5.9.70.

As far as I know the last truly free version of Master PDF Editor is 4.3.89. No watermarks that I think are implanted. But if there is any newer truly free version it is definitely good to know…

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
                              http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

PPC

@allanmaxd seems to have registered just to make a IA generated advertisement for the “PDF Insider” site, but it seems a ok service (with the usual privacy concerns that uploading your files to someone else’s computer to edit them brings), so I guess it does have some value.

Not for real “edition”, but to highlight, annotate, or manually sign pdf files, most modern Firefox or Chromium based browsers will do, and are extremely simple to use…

P.

Robin

Just to bring it to mind again: xournal from default debian repository is completely free (GNU GPL) and open source, all pdf processing is done on your own device, no need to upload any data somewhere, so there are no data protection concerns. With xournal you can annotate, overwrite (keyboard and freehand both) text, draw and paint, insert images to existing pdf files, as well as compose them from multiple different components from scratch, etc.

Xournal is something you’d use if the browser’s abilities as outlined by PPC above are not sufficient for your task.

Update: The original Xournal code was updated last in 2020 at sourceforge. But meanwhile there is a Xournal++ in the debian repos, at least available in antiX 23:

sudo apt-get update
                                  sudo apt-get install xournalpp

It is also free (GPL v.2) and has been derived from original Xournal.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.