monitor/display configuration

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions monitor/display configuration

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Mar 15-2:38 am by BobC.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

where is the configuration for displays? I connect a TV by hdmi and would like to send same output to the TV and the laptop monitor.
    Thanks
    S.

XecureXecure

Control Centre > Session > Set Screen Resolution (aRandR)

I see there is Outputs in the menu, but no “detect” item. what do I do if antix does not see I plugged an hdmi monitor?
    Thank you.

On mine I need to plug in the HDMI monitor before I boot, then it works fine.

XecureXecure

Open Arandr. Go to Output > HDMI > Active
    antix-arandr-HDMI
    Tick it (to on). Then hit the Apply button (Button under menu on the top left of the window).

Now your HDMI screen is active. Move it around (or move the laptop monitor) and place it wherever you want. Change the resolutions with Output > HDMI > Resolution > …

I also have had to have HDMI plugged in first before booting. After you use the GUI to get the monitors activated and placed in their relative positions and with the right resolution use the menu to “save” the configuration. You can use that configuration file in future sessions to make it easier to setup. Or, if you leave the monitors/TV plugged in all the time you can add the command to your “startup” file for the desktop session and then antiX will set it up for you each time you reboot or restart a session.

seaken64

Try Xecure’s solution, it worked on mine.

I hadn’t noticed the Active box before, and it didn’t take effect until I clicked Apply.

Code could be added to ~/.screenlayout/default.sh to parse the output of xrandr to see if the 2nd display is connected, and if it is, then setup the screen differently. My add-on screen is HDMI-1.

#!/bin/sh
    hdmiactive=$(xrandr | grep "HDMI-1 connected" | wc -l)
    if [[ "$hdmiactive" -lt 1 ]]; then  
      xrandr --output HDMI-1 --off --output eDP-1 --primary --mode 1920x1080 --pos 0x0 --rotate normal
    else
      xrandr --output HDMI-1 --mode 3840x2160 --pos 0x0 --rotate normal --output eDP-1 --primary --mode 1920x1080 --pos 3840x1080 --rotate normal
    fi

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by BobC.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.