Most of the 17.5 repos are broken

Forum Forums Orphaned Posts antiX-17 “Heather Heyer, Helen Keller” Most of the 17.5 repos are broken

• This topic has 19 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated May 2-1:58 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Robin

Good news. This is from the owner of la.mxrepo.com

I think we’ll be able to keep those archived stretch repos up on la.mxrepo.com at least through the Buster LTS EOL next year. Of course, it will eventually run out of space but it’s OK for now.

That’s really great news. Many thanks! Even when archive.org saves the very antiX stretch repo tree now, I’m not sure whether the wayback machine will allow to use apt for updating and installing the packages once the archive copy was completed, so having at least one true repo running on a server is really fine.

@anticapitalista : Btw, are there plans to remove the mx stretch repo or other parts of the antiX stretch site (or any additional other parts of the site) as well if you run out of space on the server? Please let know the people at archive.org timely before actually deleting, then they are happy to clone it to the wayback machine before it is gone forever. You can contact them via IRC at #archivebot on hackint network, e.g. by using hexchat. Just inform them about the situation and reason for the request and ask them whether they can save it for the future.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

Xunzi_23

Thanks Robin, when i get back home I will save a repo clone and fully updated iso of 32 qnd 64 bit.
        Just in case its needed. i also have a pretty low upload speed. somewhere around 5 GIB, no quota so will keep in mind.
        Down is usualy about 100 GIB. big difference..

Christophe, Wayback machine is a great idea for the longer term.

not forgetting anticapitalista and owner of LA Repo.

Many thanks.

ext4

I think that would be a very good idea.
          With this, antiX would continue to live up to its reputation of bringing old computers back to life.

Es kann nur e1nen geben!

Forum Admin
          anticapitalista

With this, antiX would continue to live up to its reputation of bringing old computers back to life.

Perhaps, but I would not advise anyone to download and use antiX-17 series.
            It is no longer supported.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Brian Masinick

Perhaps, but I would not advise anyone to download and use antiX-17 series.
              It is no longer supported.

I definitely agree with you and though I recommend making it available a clear explanation that it’s only for use with very old systems that will not install the current release should be prominently displayed next to the antiX 17 series link.

--
              Brian Masinick

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.