Mouse Options Does not have any Affect on Touchpad

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Mouse Options Does not have any Affect on Touchpad

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Apr 10-2:37 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    keshav-uses-linux

i am using Antix 23.1 Full
      i wanted to enable reverse Scrolling or Natural Scrolling for my touchpad, so i enabled the button, had no immediate and after reboot affect
      Then i tried change mouse acceleration, no immediate and after reboot affect
      then i open it in terminal to get a log if there’s any error

$ ds-mouse

then, tired to enable reverse Scrolling or Natural Scrolling for my touchpad
      got this

/usr/local/bin/ds-mouse: line 82: synclient: command not found

Robin

synclient: command not found

Known issue. You should have found it along with the solution easily if you had searched the antiX-forum for this.

Reason is: synclient is no longer present on current antiX, since this program is no longer maintained or supported by somebody, so ds-mouse fails working.

Please use the replacement script by PPC, using xinput instead of synclient. The latest version is available as attachment “testing v.6” from the posting in the thread discussing this issue, until antiX control centre and/or ds-mouse will be updated.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

Brian Masinick

An update in this area has also been discussed and it may either be available or under development to account for either synaptics or xinput handling.

--
          Brian Masinick

keshav-uses-linux

Please use the replacement script by PPC, using xinput instead of synclient. The latest version is available as attachment “testing v.6” from the posting in the thread discussing this issue, until antiX control centre and/or ds-mouse will be updated.

tried it, it had momentory affect but after reboot, mouse was reset to default scroll

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by keshav-uses-linux.
            PDP-8

Maybe an old tip no longer relevant – but on one of my inexpensive laptops, there was an option in the bios to use either an “advanced” or “normal” mouse. It came defaulted to advanced for the oem windows install. But to use Linux, I always had to toggle it to normal to get full use out of the touchpad.

So dunno, this might be a very crusty tip by now…

anti-apXos

tried it, it had momentory affect but after reboot, mouse was reset to default scroll

I haven’t used ds-mouse, so I don’t know how it goes about making settings permanent, but the “traditional” way is to have a conf file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d

You may already have a file named touchpad.conf in that location that you can just edit, but if not you can create it.

sudo touch /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/touchpad.conf

Actually the name of the file is not important, though if you have several keep in mind that they will be read in alphabetical order, so options set in a later file can override settings from an earlier file.

Edit the touchpad.conf file (as root) so that it has the following file contents. This will set your touchpad to use natural scrolling with the libinput driver, which is the default in antiX 23.1

Section "InputClass"
                        Identifier      "Touchpad"                      # required
                        MatchIsTouchpad "yes"                           # required
                        Driver          "libinput"                      # required
                        Option          "NaturalScrolling"      "1"
                EndSection

Save and reboot. Natural scrolling will be set whenever you start the X session. You can also set any other touchpad configuration stuff here like sensitivity and tap buttons, etc.

Brian Masinick

Just to reassure people, it is antiX 23.1 that doesn’t have the support for synaptics keypads built-in; antiX 23 and earlier versions still have synaptics.

USB keyboard and mouse capability is always an option. For those who require synaptics it’s still possible to bring it in from other repositories.

We have a few topics in the forum that go through the alternative approaches and mechanisms for obtaining what you need.

If you are unable to locate them we can explicitly provide further details upon request.

--
                  Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

To further explain, yes, though not directly included there are ways to copy the necessary components to antiX 23.1; ask if you are unable to determine the details to accomplish this.

--
                    Brian Masinick

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.