Moved: Reply To: Streamline menus

Forum Forums antiX-development Development Moved: Reply To: Streamline menus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    calciumsodium

This antiX 19.4 installed works very well. In this test, I installed 19.4 over a well used and optimized 19.1 system and then see if my /home system was going to be good in the new 19.4 system. Everything worked well under the new install, except for one. A kodi 17.6 addon that I use often under the antiX 19.1 system crashed upon launch in kodi 17.6 of this antiX 19.4 system. This addon was used and dependable in the 19.1 system. Just a heads up about kodi.
    Thanks

calciumsodium
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Considering that there has been a separate, but I think may be related, topic about bloating in the menus and since we are testing 19.4, a2-runit, and a2-full, I wanted to offer a suggestion about the menus. I noticed that the main menu contains the options for File Manager, Web Browser, Editor, App Killer, and antiX installer. In my opinion, those can be moved under the Applications menu. This would “clean up” and streamline the main menu. My thinking is as follows. If one is already using iceWM or JWM as the desktop, one already has the File Manager and Web Browser in the taskbar. So File Manager and Web Browser would be redundant. So that is why I am suggesting to move those under Applications. On a regular, day to day use, I don’t think I have used App Killer or antiX installer. I don’t know why those should be prominantly displayed in the main menu. Personally, I have never used the Editor option in the menu. I just start nano, leafpad, or geany in terminal. I think moving those would really make the main menu really crisp.

Personally, I use the Applications and Control Centre menus a lot. Perhaps moving those options higher in the menu seems to make sense for me.

Thanks

skidoo
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

a separate, but I think may be related, topic about bloating in the menus

some more “out there” ideas

Yep, are suitable for a separate topic (are beyond the scope of the current topic).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.