Multi-init antiX 23.1 x64 minimal respin (582 Mb), fits into CD

Forum Forums antiX-development antiX Respins Multi-init antiX 23.1 x64 minimal respin (582 Mb), fits into CD

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated May 22-3:31 am by MasterPythoner.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    calciumsodium

Multi-init antiX 23.1 x64 minimal respin (582 Mb) contains sysvinit+runit+s6-rc+s6-66+openrc, fits in CD

Inspired by the pioneering work of @ProwlerGr.

I started with my antiX 23.1 x64 minimal iso (<600 Mb), which contains sysvinit init, and then manually installed and set up runit, s6-rc, s6-66, and openrc from .deb files from @ProwlerGr’s experimental init-diversity repository. Also did further optimization.

Resulting in

iso size: 582 Mb

contains inits:

sysvinit (default)
      runit
      s6-rc
      s6-66
      openrc

kernel: 4.9.0-326-antix.1-amd64-smp
      Minimal firmware
      English only
      no headers
      no dkms

Instructions:
      After installation, launch the “setup multiinit.desktop” icon on the desktop to
      1) further set up s6-66 and
      2) enable the grub-multi-init-enabler.
      The grub-multi-init-enabler will set up grub to allow you to boot using either sysvinit or runit or s6-rc or s6-66 or openrc, upon reboot.

Use the reboot and shutdown icons to reboot and shutdown, respectively. You could set up quick keys in icewm to perform these operations easier.

Note:
      I have set up and confirmed so that sysvinit and runit have no logging of runsv programs in this iso. This will save your hard drives from constant input-output disk writes. As a result, all inits in this iso have very quiet i/o disk writes.

Download here:

https://archive.org/details/anti-x-23.1-x-64-minimal-582-mb-multiinit-sysvinitrunits-6-rcs-6-66openrc-respin-cd

username: antix
      password: antix

If users want to add firmware, I have included firmware that users can copy to their /lib/firmware/ folder:

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/firmware-for-antix-23-1-minimal-libre-minimal-and-multi-init-minimal-respins/#post-143704

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by calciumsodium.
      MasterPythoner

fantastic work .
        adding 6 inits (instead of 1)
        and loweing iso size ?
        how possible?
        I love your work .
        please keep going .

Xunzi_23

Thank you calciumsodium and ProwlerGr along with all others who helped make this possible.

If this will boot on some “fun devices” I will, in disregard of minimal footprint add LibreWolf
          and Ungoogled Chromium with ad blocking then pass it around some users as a make older usb sticks
          useful surf option.

If I just say multi init I will get a blank stare from most candidates, need to arouse some curiosity
          so they get playful :-)…
          Second aim is to push the privacy friendly browsers and u Block.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Xunzi_23.
          MasterPythoner

Thank you calciumsodium and ProwlerGr along with all others who helped make this possible.

If this will boot on some “fun devices” I will, in disregard of minimal footprint add LibreWolf
            and Ungoogled Chromium with ad blocking then pass it around some users as a make older usb sticks
            useful surf option.

If I just say multi init I will get a blank stare from most candidates, need to arouse some curiosity
            so they get playful :-)…
            Second aim is to push the privacy friendly browsers and u Block.

We have a list of respins .
            it would be great if you after such modifications , publish the new respin.
            it is actually a respin of a respin .
            but does it matter?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.