multi System boot einrichten

Forum Forums General Other Languages German multi System boot einrichten

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 30 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Feb 14-9:14 pm by PPC.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    jamo

Ich habe jetzt MX auf einer partition von einer 1 TB SSD eingerichtet. Ich habe die Partition mit gparted auf die root paartition plus eine ca 250 GB grosse Partition für das System reduziert. Dann habe ich versucht antiX da darauf zu installieren. Das geht nicht Das Installationsprogramm will noch eine root partition die mindestens 5?? gross ist. Ich habe dann versucht die leere partiition in eine ca 20?? grosse root partition und eine weitere partition aufzuteilen.das geht zwar, nützt aber nichts….

Ich will eigentlich 3 Betriebssysteme installieren,,,, MX — antiX … und noch ein Windows. Das MX flliegt dann raus, wenn antiX die Internetverbindung akzeptiert. Windows wird später auch durch wine ersetzt bzw. bleibt für spezielle Sachen noch installiert.

Kann mir bitte jemand sagen, wie ich so eine Multiboot SSD partitionnieren muss?

I have now set up MX on a partition of a 1 TB SSD set up. I have reduced the partition with gparted to the root partition plus an approx. 250 GB partition for the system. Then I tried to install antiX on it. This does not work The installation program still wants a root partition that is at least 5?? large. I then tried to split the empty partition into a root partition of about 20?? large root partition and another partition. but this will not work….

Actually I want to install 3 operating systems,,,, MX – antiX … and Windows. The MX is then dropped when antiX accepts the
      the internet connection. Windows will also be replaced later by wine or remains installed for special usages.

Can someone please tell me how to partition such a multiboot SSD?

Danke Thanks
      Jamo

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by jamo.
      marcelocripe

Ich will eigentlich 3 Betriebssysteme installieren,,,, MX — antiX … und noch ein Windows. Das MX flliegt dann raus, wenn antiX die Internetverbindung akzeptiert. Windows wird später auch durch wine ersetzt bzw. bleibt für spezielle Sachen noch installiert.

und

Wenn Sie von einer neuen SSD starten, sollte die richtige Reihenfolge zur Installation der Betriebssysteme wie folgt sein: Zuerst die Partitionen mit dem Windows-Manager aufteilen, Windows installieren, dann AntiX Linux oder MX Linux auf einer leeren Partition und dann jedes andere GNU/ Linux-Distribution. Es wird immer die zuletzt installierte Distribution sein, die das Grub-Menü steuert, sodass Sie auswählen können, welches Betriebssystem Sie starten möchten.

Ihre Erläuterungen zu den Problemen waren in der maschinellen Übersetzung nicht verständlich.

marcelocripe
        (Originaltext in brasilianischem Portugiesisch)

– – – – –

Olá, Jamo.

e

Se você for começar a partir de um SSD novo, a ordem correta para fazer a instalação dos sistemas operacionais deve ser a seguinte, primeiro divida as partições com o gerenciador do Windows, instale o Windows, depois o antiX Linux ou o MX Linux em uma partição vazia e depois qualquer outra distribuição GNU/Linux. Sempre será a última distribuição instalada que fará o controle do menu do Grub para você poder escolher qual sistema operacional quer iniciar.

As suas explicações dos problemas não foram compreensíveis na tradução automática.

marcelocripe
        (Texto original em idioma Português do Brasil)

PPC

You are trying to do pretty complex stuff, without knowing the basics.
          Usually, what happens is that someone has a Windows computer and wants to dual boot it with a Linux distribution. When running the installer for the Linux distro, the user has to select to partition the drive, and create a partition that Linux can be installed in.
          That’s what most people do.
          What I advise you to do:
          1- install Windows first.
          2- run antiX Live and choose the option to install it. Do not select the option to use the entire disk (that will remove Windows). Run gparted, and create a partition for antiX to use, I recommend at least 10-15Gb, if you can really use 250Gb, do it. If you want to, in the future, install another OS, create a partition for it to use in the future
          3- install antiX to that partition.

I do not recommend trying to triple boot – start slowly, don’t try to do too much, first learn the basics.
          If you do get a drive that can dual boot, between Windows and antiX, then you can try to install more Linux distros, you can (if you created an empty partition for future use with another OS in step 2) install any other distro to an empty partition, or using gparted, repartition the antiX partition and then choose the option to install the OS into that partition.

It all sounds more complex than it is. There are many youtube videos showing how to install windows and then how to install Linux.

EDIT: if you want to install MX Linux first because antiX does not detect your wi-fi card, try to follow the steps indicated on the thread you started on that subject- install the same kernel MX-Linux has in antiX, doing that should allow antiX to also detect your wi-fi card.
          If you really, really, can’t get antiX to work with your hardware, use Windows + MX Linux. I recommend the lightest version MX-Fluxbox, it’s the one that’s more similar to antiX (and, like I said, also the lightest)

EDIT2: You can get a feel on how to install antiX in a drive that already has Windows installed, if you translate this post: https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/como-atualizar-uma-versao-mais-antiga-do-antix-para-o-antix-23/
          It has some pictures that may be useful to you, but not the part that shows how to use gparted to create a partition, but that, it seems you already know…

P.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by PPC.
          • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by PPC.
          jamo

PPC,

This Dell notebook seems to be a very solid “truck” (I was never a fan of DELL.. but this notebook is a very good old machine). It seems that he do not have a UEFI but a BIOS.

For this reason I think that I do not try to install windows11 on it.

But I can actually also not install antiX on a second partition.

Is it possible to make a snapshot from the actual working MX and then I delete all the partitions on the SSD and then I build new partitions on the SSD one for antiX and one for MX …

We have a lot of members who have old computers. Normally I think that it is not a good idea to reuse refurbished computers with Windows11 but an old computer will become a new life when we install antiX. And for office usage this will not build time wasting.

The only problems that I see are memory problems on firefox and thunderbird. But these problems do not concern ordinary users with 2 Thunderbird accounts and 10 open Tabs in Firefox.

In the future we will only use FOR US high-end notebooks who works with antiX and have the posssibility to use some Windows apps.

I think also, that the new zen-book with a second touch screen will not be the best choice for us.

In the past I have tested a lot of keyboards without mechanic keys .. this seems not to be also good as mechanic keyboards. I need a second keyboard (for special keys) but only at home or in the office. And there a second bluetooth Keybooard and 3 Screens are a better solution, as a additional little screen.

thanks,
            jamo

PS actually the SSD has 3 partitions:
            sda1 ext4 28 gb rootMX
            sda2 ext4 244 gb homeMX
            sda3 ext4 680 gb this part is formated but I have not access. also not for datas.But I find sda3 in the file manager.

)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by jamo.
            jamo

@PPC,

I have used GParted often in the past but I was never satisfied. Mini Partition Tool was a lot betther then GP instead of the fact, that such a tool must work with a LINUX System and without Windows … abaut like KNOPPIX.

The actual GP needs also gpart for some issues ..and I do not find this. I have fund a KNOPPIX ISO and I have tried to use gparted from the life Knoppix system .. but also this will not find gpart.

I think the Dell Notebook what I use do not use an UEFI When I use F12 after the power on button, I find a high End Bios. But I have only the possibility to use the SSD, a DVD or a SD-Card/USB Stick as boot volume.

And I have still not fund the way to set up working partitions on the SSD … the first partition works correctly with MX and the two others are formatted and are shown in TUNAR … but it is not possible to copy a file on these partitions.

For the Members of our fondation, the best system will be antiX. In high End home offices, it is probably the best way that we install one high End Notebook with antiX and 3 or 4 additional Screens and a second Notebook who will work with windows 11-12. The ordinary Datas are stored on a NAS .. and we manage the Files with Totalcommander as long, as there does not exist a File Manager who is not made for the Neanderthalers ..only Totalcommander and about tree other App’s do not have good replacements on LINUX. But this is only a work-flow issue ..Ditto (a good Copy and Paste Mgr), Pick-Pick a very simple screenshot program and 3cx a CRM add who is not perfect, but works better on Windows.

For the future we must come out of the one way rocket culture: we can not continue to use one way systems.

Jamo
              … . .

. …

jamo

I hav still not a solution for multiboot installations without windows. I need solutions for UEFI and BIOS based systems. And I need also solutions to made a backup from a installed antiX. Or can I made a snapshot from the running system who I put on a SD-Card (as ISO) and then I start the computer from this SD card and install antiX on the SSD on the computer?

We must be able to give to our member’s a cd/USB Stick/SD card with a life system who can start the computer and then they can install the working system on the hdd/ssd of the computer. We want that this works without troubles. Insert the SD-Card, start the computer, start the live-antiX, install the running version, restart and they must have a running system with all the basics.

This must work for every body without any knowledge.The new system must in the first time start in the “safe mode” and when the user see that it works fine in the failsafe mode he can set the system to ordinary mode, enhanced mode or personal settings. The Windows short-cut ctrl-alt-del must be replaced by a short-cut who stops not only not working programs, but gives also the possibility to restart the system in the safe mode or to stop some tasks. Every computer must have a fail save function.

Thanks,
                Jamo

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by jamo.
                Robin

Or can I made a snapshot fromm the running system who I put on a SD-Card (as ISO) and then I start the computer fron this SD card and install antiX on the SSD on the computer?

Ja. Genau so.

Alternativ kannst Du das System von einem externen Datenträger (z.B. USB-Stift, CD/DVD-Rom oder wasauchimmer) booten, und mit dem Konsolenbefehl “dd” ein 1:1 Abbild Deiner Festplatte erzeugen, entweder in eine Datei auf einem anderen Laufwerk, oder direkt als Klon auf einen zweiten physischen Datenträger schreiben.

Zu UEFI kann ich Dir nicht viel sagen, außer daß UEFI und Linux nicht die besten Freunde sind. Es ist mehr eine Art Notbetrieb mit UEFI, wenn ich das richtig erinnere, weil das alles sorgfältig mit proprietärem Code zugenagelt und auf Microsoft only zugeschnitten wurde.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

Robin

We must be able to give to our member’s a cd/USB Stick/SD card with a life system who can start the computer and then they can install the working system on the hdd/ssd of the computer. We want that this works without troubles

Bau’ Dir das in einem Live-System zurecht, gebootet von einem USB-Stick, bis alles paßt. Dann mache ein Live-Remaster. Wenn viele Programme installiert werden sollen, und der RAM knapp wird, mache zwischendurch weitere Live-Remaster. Nach jedem Remaster sind die vorherigen Änderungen in den neuen Container verpackt, und der RAM ist nach dem Neustart wieder frei für die nächsten Installationen oder Systemaktualisierungen. Am Ende hast Du genau, was Du beschreibst, und kannst diese auf Deine Bedürfnisse zugeschnittene antiX Installation auf dem USB Stift dann vervielfältigen, einfach indem Du den USB-Stift klonst.

Auf diese Weise bekommst Du auch ein Kernelupdate auf den Live-Datenträger, falls das einmal nötig sein sollte. Dazu hält das Kontrollzentrum den Live-Kernelupdater bereit. Installiere zuerst den neuen Kernel, mache ein Remaster und erst danach wende den Kernelupdater an, denn der neue Kernel muß schon im Linux-Container sein, wenn er im Bootimage aktiviert werden soll.

jamo

Danke Robin,

Du bestätigst mir damit, dass ich nicht falsch damit liege, dass man Linux viel einfacher mit kopieren und clonen installieren kann wie Windows ..wo das nur mit einem ganz einfältigen Trick geht den nur ganz wenige kennen.

Aber das mit dem Start im “abgesicherten Modus” ist eine Idee, die dieses Forum bitte an die Entwickler von antiX weitergibt: man muss bei der Installation, oder dem Ausprobieren von einem Betriebssystem (auch von einem Programm) IMMER davon ausgehen, dass die Maschine nur die unbedingt erforderlichen Sachen unterstützt und dass man, wenn das Ding dann gut im “ersten Gang” losgeht den “2.Gang” einlegt und den Turbo-Booster erst dann in Gang setzt, wenn er das Ding nicht abwürgt.

Es ist grenzwertig dämlich, dass zum Beispiel, die Entwickler von Firefox, das nicht verstanden haben: Firefox läuft auf Maschinen mit wenig RAM zwar ganz gut, solange es nicht viele offene Tabs hat, aber es merkt sich nicht, dass es ab ca. 5 offenen Tabs hängenbleibt.Das müsste automatisch lernen, dass es sich selbst limitieren muss.

Kannst Du mir auch bitte noch erklären, wie ich die SSD partitionieren muss, damit ich 2-3 verschiedene antiX drauf installieren kann, die ich dann so einstellen kann, wie es dann unsere Mitglieder brauchen.

Danke Dir,
                      Jamo

PPC

Es ist grenzwertig dämlich, dass zum Beispiel, die Entwickler von Firefox, das nicht verstanden haben: Firefox läuft auf Maschinen mit wenig RAM zwar ganz gut, solange es nicht viele offene Tabs hat, aber es merkt sich nicht, dass es ab ca. 5 offenen Tabs hängenbleibt.Das müsste automatisch lernen, dass es sich selbst limitieren muss.

Hum. The user does need to know how to use a tool. In real life, a person can’t expect that a cheap steel crowbar can open a titanium safe door, right? If the user applies to much force on the tool, it breaks, be it a steel crowbar or a web browser running on few resources. Even on a system with dozens of GB of RAM, if the user insists of having thousands of browser tabs open, the browser will break down. That happens even faster, on computers with very low system specs,like my netbook. I’m aware my netbook has only 1GB of shared RAM, so I know I have to use a light browser, and if I open an heavy page, I can’t open any other tabs… Even if they are light web pages, I can’t open more than 4-5.
                        One is not forced to know exactly how a tool works to know its limits. That’s why antix comes preinstalled with 2 tools (on on the toolbar and other on the desktop) to let users measure system usage. If you start running out of free RAM, you should know that your system will freeze or slow to a crawl.
                        One can install a plug-in to always run on the background, and alert users if they are pushing it too hard… But… why not just tell users:
                        “your system does not have that much memory, so it can’t have many apps open at the same time, specially heavy apps, like browsers and office suites AND when using browsers, be careful not to have many tabs open at the same time- sometimes even a single very big page, like a web-mail one, a video streaming one, and on-line office, on-line cloud service, on-line game, etc, can be too much for your computer to handle, so keep an eye on that little square that displays the Processor and Memory use!!!”

In my opinion, you keep hopping for an OS carries you, and your users around, like they are babies. We already have one of those available. It’s called Windows. The problem of trying to always carry users around and spoon feed everything to them? You use too many system resources doing that (well, and also spying on them and showing them ads, but that’s a different subject).

Learn to use the tools you have. Use lighter web browsers. Learn to use your system and it’s limitations. And then teach your users how to do the same. No one here will create a browser than warns users if what they want to do will be too much for their system resources. That’s something they will need to learn to deal with. They don’t have to be hackers or rocket scientists, to just know how hard they can force their “steel crowbar”…

EDIT:
                        On creating a disk with multiple OSes (particularly, multiple Linux distros or different versions of antiX): it’s not hard. If you can partition your disk and create a partition formatted with a file system Linux can use (like ext4, etc), then you can do it again, in the free space the disk has, creating another partition, that can be formatted to a Linux file system and have a Linux OS installed into it. As far as I know, there is no technical limit to how many partitions you can create and use on a single disk.
                        There’s not much more that I can say than this: using your preferred tool tool, partition it in at least as many partitions as the OSes you want to install (also creating the essencial partitions the disk has to have), generally speaking it’s one partition to each OS… Then begin installing the OSes, one per partition. The disk I’m using has antiX 21 and antiX 19.X installed… and trust me, I may understand a bit about scripts and GUI’s but I’m terrified every time I have to create a partition, I’m always afraid I’ll wipe all the information on that disk…

And please… don’t keep saying that software developers are stupid, dumb, or don’t know what they are doing! If you do know how to create a better tool, please, do so, and make it available… Or do like the rest of us… Learn to use the tools you have available! Complaining about other’s “stupidity” achieves nothing, just shows that you assume you are smarter than them, that you look down on them… when you really, really, are just beginning to learn the basics of a new system! Like I previously said- learn to be a bit more modest, or you risk alienating anyone that can help you here… I hope that, at least, you read the thread I pointed you to previously, so (at least) you do know a bit more (and complain a bit less about other people’s supposed “stupidity”).

Good bye and good luck for the future.

P.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by PPC.
                        Xunzi_23

Firefox, start with going to about:memory click minimise memory usage button.

Maybe useful to Install: Auto Tab Discard Firefox Extension

Often a memory hog
                          Type about:config in the address bar and press Enter or Return.

Type browser.sessionhistory.max_entries in the search field and press Enter or Return.

Double-click the current value (50). set to (suggestion) 30

Use ublock origin and arkenfox user.js, that should be regarded as a template, please read about it before
                          complaining. It is very good…
                          https://github.com/arkenfox/user.js/

If you have a 64Bit system LibreWolf has done most of the work for you, it is excellent.

jamo

Thank you for trying to help me.

I’ve tried everything now…I just can’t get a 2nd system onto this SSD.

Even the 2 additional partitions it had before are not usable, they were mounted but nothing can be written to them.

Please find attached a screenshot of gparted (as it was before). The 2nd screenshot shows the situation after I deleted the two additional partitions.

And there you can also see what I am asked to do when I want to add another partition. This is only possible in an existing partition and not as a primary partition.

But I need a second root partition (approx. 10 Gb) and a partition for the 2nd system

Can you please tell me how I can do this?

As far as the Firefox memory problem is concerned, Firefox has been crashing on Windows for years if it doesn’t have enough RAM. On Windows, Mozilla always gets a message saying that Firefox has crashed unexpectedly. Firefox must not crash, it must simply say that it no longer accepts another tab.

And then I ask you (and the whole forum) to forgive me for the fact that even when I was still in the early days of computer science, I saw that “enthusiasts” had to create almost everything by trying and tinkering. These enthusiasts were always happy when they found a solution … even if this solution was and is not optimal.

Many improvements are also based on solutions from before yesterday.

For example, translation programs … they still work almost the same as in Hannes Keller’s Witchpen since 1980. Even Deepl is still a long way from where it should/could be
                            Libre-Office and the PDF process is also completely backward. This is even a violation of human rights. EVERY person in this world has the right to learn EVERYTHING that is possible as rationally as possible … and this is only possible with multimedia networked training courses … not with primitive word processing and sloppily photographed books that you can then read as a PDF or e-book, but which are still structured as they were centuries ago.

Or take a look at telecommunication or e-mail: The market women are clogging themselves up with 160-character advertising slogans.

I’ve been able to show you for over 25 years how to reorganize e-mail so that no SPAM can mess up our time

In IT, everything has to work in such a way that users don’t have to waste a single second on any nonsense.

Software must be a lever that increases the user’s productivity in such a way that he can achieve a multiple return on investment. every unnecessary gimmick and every bug search reduces profit.

One of the main goals of our organization is that we want every person on this earth to receive optimal training so that they can be sustainable, future-oriented, productive and value-adding in all areas.

An excellent training course, from which millions of people can benefit, costs 50 times less than 100 teachers/professors who waste the time of 3000 students with their mostly improvised, backward lectures.
                            Lectures that ruin the time.

I hope that at least in this forum there are people who are aware that the “gods” who still want to implement their completely backward ideas will finally be taken to the museum so that they can rot there. We have to rethink and constantly improve everything as a team, every day.

thanks
                            Jamo from pxoxd fondation

jamo

Wenn es nicht gehen sollte, dass man mehrere Linux Betriebssysteme in verschiedenen Partitionen von einer SSD installiert, könnte es sein, dass wir das mit einer Methode machen könnten, die wir schon seit Jahrzehnten bei Windows eingesetzt haben?

Die Methode, die wir da haben, ist extrem einfach, funktioniert aber nur dann, wenn man mit einem Hilfs-Betriebssystem (zum Beispiel MS-Dos), einen Batch Job laufen lassen kann, der ein paar Verzeichnisse umbenennt und eventuell die Boot-Prozedur durch eine andere Version ersetzt.

Bei Windows braucht es nur eine 1:1 Kopie vom Betriebssystem, was man in ein zweites Verzeichnis kopiert. Wenn der Rechner dann mal nicht mehr laufen will, dann muss man nur die Namen von den Ordnern tauschen und dann startet der wieder mit der früheren Version, die nicht beschädigt wurde.

Wenn man da auf einer Partition, ein Linux, installiert, was man dann, in einem anderen Ordner, klont, dann kann man, garantiert, einfach die Ordnernamen, bei einem neu-start gegeneinander austauschen damit dann ein anderes Linux System gestartet wird.

Solange die Partition das erforderliche Datei System hat, müsste das ganz einfach gehen.

Es ist ausserdem so, dass beim Start von antiX gefragt wird, welches System man starten will … wenn man da auch andere Systeme eintragen könnte, die in anderen Ordnern zu finden sind, müsste es sogar möglich sein, dass man mehrere Systeme in einer Partition hat, die man dann wahlweise starten kann.

Das wird nur jetzt nicht angeboten, weil mehrere Betriebssysteme, auf einer Partition zu enormen Problemen führen Können, wenn die Nutzer, daran herumbasteln können.

Die Informatik leidet schon immer daran, dass wir da ganz verwirrte “Zugangsberechtigungen” haben: die Leute können zwar an jedem Bit vom “Motor” herumschrauben und basteln, aber sie können gar nicht wissen, was das wirklich für Auswirkungen hat. Man lässt die Leute da in unbekannte Sektoren eindringen, wo sie nur Schaden anrichten können. Es ist sogar so, dass man die Leute dazu anstiftet, dort Unheil anzurichten, damit man denen dann zeigen kann, dass man da viel besser zurecht kommt.

Früher konnte man an jedem Kondensator herum löten. dann sind Chips entstanden, in denen es tausende Teile drin hat, an die wir nicht mehr herankommen. Jetzt haben wir ganze Geräte, die wir nicht mehr auseinander nehmen können … aber da bauen wir “Software” ein, die man, fast ohne Hindernisse, mit den einfachsten Mitteln kaputt machen kann.

Ein einfacher Nutzer, darf gar nicht an die einzelnen Dateien vom Betriebssystem herankomme. Der kann da nur Schaden anrichten.

OK, es ist nicht schön, dass wir da nicht alles selbst machen können … aber es gibt halt Sachen, die andere Leute besser können und die, die auftretenden Probleme viel schneller und besser lösen können, wie wir. Wir müssen nicht ständig “das Rad” neu erfinden und Fehler beheben, die schon tausende Male behoben worden sind.

Robin

Die Methode, die wir da haben, ist extrem einfach,

Ich erinnere mich mit Grausen daran, was für ein Akt es unter Windows war, die richtigen Bootparameter zu finden und sie in der Form multi(a)disk(b)rdisk(c)partition(d)\… in die boot.ini einzutragen… Ganz zu schweigen vom ganzen Rest. Du wurdest regelmäßig mit “I/O Error accessing boot sector file” und schlimmerem belohnt, wenn Du versucht hast Windows dazu zu überreden, eine andere Partition zu verwenden als die, auf der es installiert worden ist. Der Hickhack hat mit jeder neuen Windowsversion neue Dimensionen erreicht. Irgendwelche Programme starteten danach nicht mehr, man mußte per Hand in den Tiefen der Registrierung herumschrauben, um dort gut versteckte Pfade zurechtzubiegen. Nichts war ordentlich dokumentiert, bzw. nicht für den Käufer des Systems zugänglich. (Dann kam irgendwann die Knowledgebase, und es wurde etwas besser mit der Information).

Bei Windows braucht es nur eine 1:1 Kopie vom Betriebssystem, was man in ein zweites Verzeichnis kopiert.

Bei Windows ist das eher theoretisch so. Oft genug habe ich erlebt, daß sich Windows dann zwar booten läßt, aber irgendwelche Programme nicht mehr funktionieren, oder andere Fehler plötzlich im Betrieb auftauchen, weil irgendwelche Dateien woandershin geschrieben werden, als wo sie sein sollten.
                                Das ist bei Linux nicht anders. Aber bei Linux ist das alles eher einfacher, schon weil der ganze Kram mit der Aktivierung und Echtheitszertifizierung nicht nötig ist. Wie oft habe ich damals Stunden sinnlos mit der Microsoft-Registrierungs-Hotline telefonieren und meine Zeit vertun müssen, nur weil ich gewagt habe, eine Grafikkarte oder einen Prozessor zu wechseln? Danke, davon habe ich die Nase voll. Gestrichen voll.

Hier im Forum sind Experten in Sachen Multiboot unterwegs. Wenn Du nur ein bischen weniger aufdrehen würdest, hätten die bestimmt schon eine Antwort für Dich gehabt. Ich kann Dir da leider nicht viel weiterhelfen, Multiboot ist nicht so mein Thema. Ich arbeite mit Live-remaster, direkt von USB: Reboot, Stift raus, anderen Stift rein, und der Rechner hat ein neues Betriebssystem. Warum Zeit mit Festplatteninstallationen verschwenden? Hier sind Leute, die haben duzende Betriebssysteme auf einem einzigen USB-Stift. Laß’ die besser nichts davon hören, daß das nicht ginge, wenn Du weiterhin noch ernst genommen werden willst.

Jetzt haben wir ganze Geräte, die wir nicht mehr auseinander nehmen können

Außer, daß sie so verklebt und verschweißt sind, daß du sie nicht zerstörungsfrei öffnen kannst, weil der Hersteller das nicht will weil es seinem Umsatz abträglich ist, hält Dich auch heute niemand davon ab, die ausgetrockneten Elkos selbst mit dem Lötkolben auszuwechseln, wenn es mal wieder nötig ist. Da spreche ich aus (leidvoller) Erfahrung. Ein ganzer moderner Eisschrank ist mir einmal wegen einiger ausgetrockneter Elkos auf seinen Mikroprozessor-Steuerplatinen aufgetaut, kurz nach Ablauf der Garantiezeit. Er hat sich einfach einmal unvorhergesehen und stillschweigend ausgeschaltet (ohne sonstigen Defekt und ohne Alarm). Auf dem Schaden bin ich natürlich sitzen geblieben. Antwort des Service: Ganzes Gerät tauschen ist günstiger als die Steuerung vom Kundendienst ersetzen zu lassen. Ich habe dann selbst zum Lötkolben gegriffen, und es hat keine 20 Minuten gedauert, da lief wieder alles. Da erfinde ich doch das Rad gerne mal wieder neu, vor allem wenn ich dann sehe, daß die Elkos ab Werk unterdimensioniert waren: zu niedrige Spannungsfestigkeit gewählt, Ausfall daher absehbar und vorprogrammiert. Murks ab Werk, bei einem deutschen Markenhersteller (ich werde mich hüten, den hier mit Namen zu nennen).

Man lässt die Leute da in unbekannte Sektoren eindringen, wo sie nur Schaden anrichten können.

Ja was bleibt denn anderes übrig? Den Schaden haben der Hersteller und seine hochqualifizierten Experten schon selbst angerichtet. Da kann man höchstens noch etwas verbessern und retten, aber nichts mehr verschlimmern. Also wirklich!

Daher: Geh’ und erzähle das Märchen von “Das geht heute alles nicht mehr” irgendwo anders, wo es Dir jemand abnimmt. Hier glaubt es inzwischen keiner mehr. “Bangemachen gilt nicht!” Wer also selbst probieren will, sein Betriebssystem zu verwalten und nicht nur als Blackbox zu betrachten, in die man gefälligst nicht hineinzuschauen hat, bekommt hier jede Unterstützung dafür.

aber es gibt halt Sachen, die andere Leute besser können und die, die auftretenden Probleme viel schneller und besser lösen können, wie wir.

Können != Könnten. Am Können fehlt es da sicherlich nicht, Sie könnten das machen. Sie tun es aber nicht. Offenbar mangelt es am guten Willen. Bleibt also nur: Selber machen. Oder wie willst Du die dazu bringen?

OK, es ist nicht schön, dass wir da nicht alles selbst machen können

Das gilt nur für proprietäre Software. Du bist hier bei Linux, da gelten andere Maßstäbe. Wenn Du damit nicht klarkommst: Ich hatte Dir ja schon mal ReactOS als Alternative empfohlen, vielleicht liegt Dir das mehr. Auch da kannst Du deine Vorstellungen für eine zeitgemäße Nutzeroberfläche in einem eigenen Fork umsetzen.

Ansonsten: Lies Dich erstmal durch die Literaturempfehlungen zu Linux hindurch, die ich Dir im anderen Thread hingetextet habe. Die sind alle auf Deutsch und sehr verständlich geschrieben. Danach sehen Deine Beurteilungen und Einschätzungen vielleicht ein Bißchen anders aus, wenn Du das System erstmal in der gleichen Tiefe kennst wie Windows. An der Oberfläche kratzen und dann herumkrakeelen was alles verkehrt ist… naja, kann man so machen. Muß man aber nicht.

Es ist sogar so, dass man die Leute dazu anstiftet, dort Unheil anzurichten, damit man denen dann zeigen kann, dass man da viel besser zurecht kommt.

Unfug. Jetzt reicht es mir aber mit dem unausgegorenen Zeug, das Du hier verbreitest. Zeige mir bitte einen Thread hier im Forum, der Deine Aussage untermauert. Ich habe zumindest immer erlebt, daß die freiwilligen Helfer hier sehr darauf bedacht sind, Schaden abzuwenden und auf Risiken deutlich hinweisen, sodaß der Fragesteller weiß, worauf er sich einläßt, wenn er eine kritische Rettungsaktion selbst vornehmen will.

Robin

Even the 2 additional partitions it had before are not usable, they were mounted but nothing can be written to them.

Is this a question or a complaint?
                                  In case it is actually a question (sounds not like), please search antiX forums for FAQs. This has been discussed multiple times meanwhile.

And there you can also see what I am asked to do when I want to add another partition. This is only possible in an existing partition and not as a primary partition.

From your screenshot I can see what gparted asks you to do is perfectly proper behaviour. You have selected sda3 extended partition entry, and therein you can for sure merely create logical partitions. Selecting instead the entry “unallocated” for creating a new partition you are free to add another fourth primary or extended partition. And then, as you probably know: if you need more than four primary or extended partitions, you’ll have to set up your drive with GPT rather than with an MS-DOS partition table (gparted can do that, there is an entry in it’s “drive” menu to deal with partition tables. BE WARNED: Tampering with partitions and partition tables can cause data loss of existing content on your drive easily. Make sure to have a full {and tested to be functional} backup copy of your drive before starting!). But GPT isn’t appreciated by older systems, their BIOS might fail on booting from those or even fail to recognise the partitions on that very drive at all. For some BIOSes it is enough already to add the pmbr_boot flag to the GPT drive to have it recognised again and allow booting from it. But due to the incredible amount of BIOS variants (containing an uncountable number of specific bugs) this is try and error. You are on your own to figure what works on your specific device, there is no support from the manufacturers, much less they would fix their BIOS bugs. If you don’t want to run into this trouble, stick to MS_DOS MBR style for drives meant to run on old devices, and swallow the toad or bite the bullet of then being able to create four primary partitions max merely.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.